Package: opencolorio / 1.1.0~dfsg0-5

Metadata

Package Version Patches format
opencolorio 1.1.0~dfsg0-5 3.0 (quilt)

Patch series

view the series file
Patch File delta Description
0001 Fix_built in_documentation_dependencies.patch | (download)

CMakeLists.txt | 5 1 + 4 - 0 !
docs/CMakeLists.txt | 92 3 + 89 - 0 !
2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 93 deletions(-)

 fix_built-in_documentation_dependencies


0002 Fix_FTBFS_on_non Linux_platforms.patch | (download)

src/core/Platform.h | 2 1 + 1 - 0 !
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

 fix_ftbfs_on_non-linux_platforms


0003 Fix_FTBFS_on_Linux.patch | (download)

src/core/Lut1DOp.cpp | 4 3 + 1 - 0 !
src/core/MathUtils.cpp | 23 12 + 11 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyAllocationTransform.cpp | 1 0 + 1 - 0 !
3 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

 fix_linux_compilation


0004 Fix_build_with_GCC 8.patch | (download)

src/pyglue/PyAllocationTransform.cpp | 14 7 + 7 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyBaker.cpp | 56 28 + 28 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyCDLTransform.cpp | 36 18 + 18 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyColorSpace.cpp | 46 23 + 23 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyColorSpaceTransform.cpp | 8 4 + 4 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyConfig.cpp | 123 66 + 57 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyContext.cpp | 38 19 + 19 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyDisplayTransform.cpp | 36 18 + 18 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyExponentTransform.cpp | 4 2 + 2 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyFileTransform.cpp | 16 8 + 8 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyGpuShaderDesc.cpp | 20 10 + 10 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyGroupTransform.cpp | 16 8 + 8 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyLogTransform.cpp | 4 2 + 2 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyLook.cpp | 34 17 + 17 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyLookTransform.cpp | 12 6 + 6 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyMain.cpp | 6 3 + 3 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyMatrixTransform.cpp | 16 8 + 8 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyProcessor.cpp | 20 10 + 10 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyProcessorMetadata.cpp | 12 6 + 6 - 0 !
src/pyglue/PyTransform.cpp | 18 9 + 9 - 0 !
20 files changed, 272 insertions(+), 263 deletions(-)

 fix_build_with_gcc-8

GCC 8 appears to be rather stricter about various issues to do
with type conversions and casts than GCC 7 was. This affects
OpenColorIO's Python bindings quite heavily, producing a large
number of warnings (which are converted to errors by `-Werror`)
and outright errors.

The changes here are almost all one of three basic types:

1. Many functions that become Python methods with no arguments
(using the METH_NOARGS flag) did not include the expected second
parameter in their signatures at all. METH_NOARGS does not
prevent this second parameter being passed *at all*, it only
ensures that it will always be NULL. It's still not technically
correct to leave it out of the function signature; as a comment
from 'yak' on  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10256315
points out, there are situations where this could cause a crash.
I've added the second parameter (with no name, per convention)
to every one of these cases.

2. In several cases, classes specified a custom destructor, with
a cast to the `destructor` type, which only takes a single
parameter. However, the signatures for these destructor functions
included two parameters, assuming that they'd get an 'args'
parameter (they do not). I've corrected all these cases.

3. In several cases, classes specified custom str or repr
methods. However, in the `PyTypeObject` structures for these
classes, these methods were not cast to the `reprfunc` type, as
they ought to be. I've added these casts.

There are two warnings I just can't get rid of with my limited
C++ knowledge. The `Config` class (in PyConfig.cpp) defines a
couple of methods that take kwargs as well as args. This is
done by setting the `METH_KEYWORDS` flag, which ultimately seems
to result in a cast from type `PyCFunctionWithKeywords` to
`PyCFunction` happening somewhere behind the scenes. There's some
discussion of this at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9496753

GCC 8 does not like this cast - it causes a 'cast-function-type'
warning. I've messed around a bit with `reinterpret_cast` and
stuff, but didn't really understand precisely what I was doing
and didn't manage to find anything that got rid of the warnings.
So I just suppressed these warnings with GCC pragmas instead
(using `-Wno-error=cast-function-type` causes older GCC versions
to choke, so we can't do that).

I've tested at least that the compilation succeeds, and I can
import the Python module and instantiate a few classes and
examine their docstrings and stuff with no apparent errors.

Many thanks to Kevin Kofler for his help with these fixes.

Signed-off-by: Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com>

0005 Fix_build_with_OIIO2.patch | (download)

src/apps/ocioconvert/main.cpp | 22 13 + 9 - 0 !
src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp | 7 3 + 4 - 0 !
src/apps/ociolutimage/main.cpp | 15 8 + 7 - 0 !
3 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

 fix_build_with_oiio2


0006 Fix_build_with_yaml cpp0.6.patch | (download)

src/core/OCIOYaml.cpp | 37 0 + 37 - 0 !
1 file changed, 37 deletions(-)

 fix build with yaml-cpp 0.6
 One of the changes in yaml-cpp 0.6 was the replacement of some inline
 virtual functions with out-of-line virtual functions, to ensure a
 single definition of the relevant vtable.
 .