**This is the repository for Apktool. If you are looking for the Apktool website. Click [here](https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/tree/gh-pages).**
[![Join the chat at https://gitter.im/iBotPeaches/Apktool](https://badges.gitter.im/iBotPeaches/Apktool.svg)](https://gitter.im/iBotPeaches/Apktool?utm_source=badge&utm_medium=badge&utm_campaign=pr-badge&utm_content=badge)
It is a tool for reverse engineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps. It can decode resources to nearly original form and rebuild them after making some modifications; it makes possible to debug smali code step by step. Also it makes working with app easier because of project-like files structure and automation of some repetitive tasks like building apk, etc.
It is NOT intended for piracy and other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms and other GOOD purposes. Just try to be fair with authors of an app, that you use and probably like.
- [Project Page](http://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/)
- [#apktool on freenode](http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=apktool)
#### Sponsored by
* [Sourcetoad](https://www.sourcetoad.com/cool-tools/apktool/) - helping with a weekly sponsorship for continued improvement and maintenance of the project.
#### IDE of Choice
#### Security Vulnerabilities
If you discover a security vulnerability within Apktool, please send an e-mail to Connor Tumbleson at connor.tumbleson(at)gmail.com. All security vulnerabilities will be promptly addressed.
- [Downloads Mirror](http://connortumbleson.com/apktool/)
- [How to Build](http://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/build/)
- [Bug Reports](https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/issues)
- [Chat on Gitter](https://gitter.im/iBotPeaches/Apktool)
- [XDA Post](http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28366939)
- [Source (Github)](https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool)
- [Source (Bitbucket)](https://bitbucket.org/iBotPeaches/apktool/)