This package was debianized by Thom May <firstname.lastname@example.org> on
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:27:14 -0800
It was downloaded from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Upstream Authors: The Apache Software Foundation - http://apr.apache.org/
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor
license agreements. The ASF licenses this work to You under the Apache License,
Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this work except in compliance
with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
On a Debian system, the license can be found at
APACHE PORTABLE RUNTIME SUBCOMPONENTS:
The Apache Portable Runtime includes a number of subcomponents with
separate copyright notices and license terms. Your use of the source
code for the these subcomponents is subject to the terms and
conditions of the following licenses.
From strings/apr_fnmatch.c, include/apr_fnmatch.h, misc/unix/getopt.c,
* Copyright (c) 1987, 1993, 1994
* The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the University of
* California, Berkeley and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
From network_io/unix/inet_ntop.c, network_io/unix/inet_pton.c:
/* Copyright (c) 1996 by Internet Software Consortium.
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
* purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND INTERNET SOFTWARE CONSORTIUM DISCLAIMS
* ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL INTERNET SOFTWARE
* CONSORTIUM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR
* PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS
* ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS
* Based on libdl (dlfcn.c/dlfcn.h) which is
* Copyright (c) 1992,1993,1995,1996,1997,1988
* Jens-Uwe Mager, Helios Software GmbH, Hannover, Germany.
* Not derived from licensed software.
* Permission is granted to freely use, copy, modify, and redistribute
* this software, provided that the author is not construed to be liable
* for any results of using the software, alterations are clearly marked
* as such, and this notice is not modified.
From strings/apr_strnatcmp.c, include/apr_strings.h:
strnatcmp.c -- Perform 'natural order' comparisons of strings in C.
Copyright (C) 2000 by Martin Pool <email@example.com>
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
freely, subject to the following restrictions:
1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
appreciated but is not required.
2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
misrepresented as being the original software.
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
From test/CuTest.c, test/CuTest.h:
* Copyright (c) 2002-2006 Asim Jalis
* This library is released under the zlib/libpng license as described at
* Here is the statement of the license:
* This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty.
* In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from
* the use of this software.
* Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
* including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
* freely, subject to the following restrictions:
* 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
* claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a
* product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
* appreciated but is not required.
* 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
* misrepresented as being the original software.
* 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
The source files crypto/apr_md4.c and crypto/apr_md5.c contain code which is
derived from reference code from RFC-1320, and RFC-1321. This code is
copyright RSA Data Security, Inc. ("RSA"). RSA made the following statement
about the conditions of use of this code. Debian chooses to use and
distribute this code according to the conditions outlined in this statement
and NOT according to the license contained in the source files.
The following was recevied Fenbruary 23,2000 From: "Linn, John" February 19,
The purpose of this memo is to clarify the status of intellectual
property rights asserted by RSA Security Inc. ("RSA") in the MD2, MD4 and
MD5 message-digest algorithms, which are documented in RFC-1319, RFC-1320,
and RFC-1321 respectively. Implementations of these message-digest
algorithms, including implementations derived from the reference C code in
RFC-1319, RFC-1320, and RFC-1321, may be made, used, and sold without
license from RSA for any purpose. No rights other than the ones explicitly
set forth above are granted. Further, although RSA grants rights to
implement certain algorithms as defined by identified RFCs, including
implementations derived from the reference C code in those RFCs, no right to
use, copy, sell, or distribute any other implementations of the MD2, MD4, or
MD5 message-digest algorithms created, implemented, or distributed by RSA is
hereby granted by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. Parties interested in
licensing security components and toolkits written by RSA should contact the
company to discuss receiving a license. All other questions should be
directed to Margaret K. Seif, General Counsel, RSA Security Inc., 36 Crosby
Drive, Bedford, Massachusetts 01730. Implementations of the MD2, MD4, or
MD5 algorithms may be subject to United States laws and regulations
controlling the export of technical data, computer software, laboratory
prototypes and other commodities (including the Arms Export Control Act, as
amended, and the Export Administration Act of 1970). The transfer of certain
technical data and commodities may require a license from the cognizant
agency of the United States Government. RSA neither represents that a
license shall not be required for a particular implementation nor that, if
required, one shall be issued.
DISCLAIMER: RSA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTENDS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY
KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, VALIDITY OF INTELLECTUAL
PROPERTY RIGHTS, ISSUED OR PENDING, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER
DEFECTS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE MD2, MD4, OR
MD5 ALGORITHMS. NOTHING IN THIS GRANT OF RIGHTS SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS A
REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY GIVEN BY RSA THAT THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE
ALGORITHM WILL NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD
PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL RSA, ITS TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES,
PARENTS AND AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY KIND RESULTING FROM IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS ALGORITHM, INCLUDING ECONOMIC
DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PROPERTY AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER RSA
SHALL BE ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT SHALL KNOW OF
THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH INJURY OR DAMAGE.
The statement was downloaded from http://www.ietf.org/ietf-ftp/IPR/RSA-MD-all
on January 8th, 2012.