* Changes in aprsdigi-2.4.4, April 2003:
* Changes in aprsdigi-2.4.3, April 2003:
- Add support for IP/UDP interface, including IPv4 and IPv6 unicast and
IPv4 any-source multicast (until I learn how to do SSM and v6 multicast).
- Add Unix fifo interface and two test programs, fiforead and fifowrite.
Mostly useful for debugging.
- "-p port:call...." for ax25 ports is deprecated. Use "-p ax25:port:..."
- Add interfaces options to toggle TX-enable, RX-enable and don't retransmit
on received interface (e.g. for pt-to-pt and IP interface).
- Add budlist (permit/deny access lists).
- parse_cooked_ax25() and gen_cooked_ax25() added to libax25ext. Supports
parsing TNC2 and AEA formats. Generates TNC2 format.
- Corrected destination SSID routing to always work, not just for mic-E
packets (per APRS Spec 1.02 Ch. 3 p. 12)
- Added 3rd-party tunneling/de-tunneling (-3) per APRS Spec 1.02 Ch 17.
I don't understand it, but it's there now. I use transparent
- Really fix the fencepost error that I claimed I fixed in 2.4.2!
* Changes in aprsdigi-2.4.2, June 2002:
- Fix fencepost error in expansion of TRACEn-n that was causing a seg fault.
* Changes in aprsdigi-2.4.1, December 2001:
- Fix loop killing (-L) to actually drop looping packets and not other
* Changes in aprsdigi-2.4.0, November 2001:
- Apply patches from Hamish Moffatt <email@example.com> to update to
the latest libax25.
- Change keep default to 28 seconds to match the documented typical
value per p.11 of the APRS Protocol Spec 1.0.
- Don't digipeat packets that my station originated and then got repeated
back to me (e.g. beacon -d "APRS via WIDE WIDE" should not be digi'd).
(Thanks for noticing this one Arte.)
- Make other cosmetic changes to eliminate need to patch libax25.
- Rename a couple of functions.
- Built and tested under a 2.4 kernel. Renumber the version to reflect
the kernel version it runs with.
* Changes in aprsdigi-2.0, March 1999:
General aprsmon and aprsdigi changes:
- Fix incorrect order of Mic-E longitude calculation which resulted in,
among other errors, a zero longitude displaying as 19060.00W.
- Corrections and changes to Mic-E -> "MIM" translations as requested
by Bob Bruninga, including support for Kenwood TH-D7.
- Fix T#MIC telemetry
- Strip TheNet X1J4 BTEXT prefix, making an X1J4 node's beacon look
like a regular APRS beacon.
- Rename the package from aprsmon to aprsdigi-2.0 since the dominant
useful code in the package is now the digi. arpsmon should probably
be replaced by WA4DSY's aprsd.
- Changes for Linux kernel 2.2 (AF_PACKET instead of AF_INET).
- Changes for GNU libc 2 (glibc, a/k/a libc6).
- Use autoconf and automake.
- Bring aprsdigi WIDE flooding implementation into alignment with current
- Add real control of how to interconnect (gate) multiple interfaces:
- Tie each of my callsigns/aliases to an interface:
replace -rxa switches with -p port1:alias,alias... -p port2:alias...
- routing between interfaces now based on next-hop callsign.
- one-to-many relationship supported by giving the same alias to multiple
interfaces. Each interface with the matching next-hop alias will
transmit, with per-interface customizations (e.g. MYCALL substitution
is based on the callsign of the interface).
- Make tag/idinterval, reformatting of Mic-E and X1J4, etc. selectable
per-interface (rather than global) options.
- Implement TRACE: Note that TRACEn-n vs. plain TRACE do
different things: TRACEn-n *inserts* calls into the digipath while
decrementing ssid. e.g.:
"Plain Old" TRACE just does a one-for-one mycall substitution.
- Kill looping packets (-L option):
^---- normally n2ygk-7 would respond to this,
but, by finding one of mycall earlier in the path, I know to ignore it.