Add expiration for installer images using SHA256SUMS or MD5SUMS (whichever is covered by the Release file)
Use cache control headers where possible
[for s.] root startup and EUID changing for privileged port use
[maybe] Don't die if at leat one socket was open on start. Plus, retry to open sockets on HUP. document this... ifup can send hups?!
[debian] don't install acngfs manpage on hurd... or finally fix and build acngfs for hurd
> And after a code review yesterday I think the html log is still not a
> bad idea. It still needs some cosmetical fixes.
It has advantages. Would be neat if it could be served by
http://<server ID>:3142/logs.html (or something like that). It would
have to generate a pick-list of the
/var/log/apt-cacher-ng/maint_*.log.html files ...
- integrate generic mirror checker from Rakhesh
- rethink option syntax of acngfs
- consider creating Debian and Ubuntu security mirror setup, like:
Remap-ubusec: file:ubuntu_security /ubuntu-security ; http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
- (maybe) get the additional index files for i18n (Translation*) and d-i files
and parse them in expiration
- better control of reconnect attempts limitation (recon. count) (Prio: low,
external motivation required)
- support detection and temporary or permanent blacklisting of dead peers,
configurable with number of retries, maybe using background ping job or sth.
(Prio: low, external motivation required)
- Document all options in the manpage (Prio: low)
- (maybe) for import: smart mirror structure discovery... if _$ARCH.deb found but no
binary-$ARCH data for them, try to locate binary-$ARCH folder positions in
- dynamic update/scrolling of the log pages
- Add Backports.org profile to the lists? Debian-Ports? Anything else?
- For import, make it more controlable. Control page should offer checkboxes:
 Thrust old apt-cacher metadata if found (skip file verification)
 Learn index files locations from old metadata
 Forced copy of imported index files (overwrites existing!)
 Optimistic Precaching Strategy
- write installation makefile target
list the last error messages in the summary of maint logs