- Modified the header files so that the library now uses self-contained autoconf-generated configuration files; a program employing BeeCrypt can now use the symbols already tested and defined instead of having to regenerate them (thus also eliminating the risk of inconsistencies).
- Added the AES algorithm; be careful using it as it hasn't received extensive testing.
- Added the DSA signature algorithm.
- Fixed the RSA CRT algorithm.
- Fixed the gas/i386 mp32even and mp32odd routines.
- Fixed a bug in modular inverse computation; thanks to Jeff Johnson of RedHat for pointing this out.
- Fixed a bug in testing the result of a gcd operation in the mp32prndconone routine.
- Fixed an ugly bug in base64 decoding.
- Fixed compatibility with the latest automake & autoconf versions.
- Added support for automake, autoheader and libtool, which should make compiling the library even easier.
- Changed DHAES API to conform to IEEE P.1363 submission and to allow for uneven key splitting.
- Improved PKCS#5 padding routines.
- Added a hash reset to the hashFunctionContextInit function. This was pointed out by Marko Kreen.
- Fixed problem with configuring on i486-pc-linux-gnu. This was pointed out Steve O'Neill.
- Fixed problem in the C version of mp32sub where carry would sometimes be missed. This was pointed out by Jon Sturgeon.
- Revised entropy gathering system to do timeouts & asynchronous I/O where possible, to avoid hangs in case there's no noise on the audio device (i.e. digital silence), or when no data is available on devices such as /dev/random.
- Changed mp32opt i386 assembler routines for slight performance improvement.
- Changed mp32opt powerpc assembler routines for slight performance improvement.
- Changed mp32opt sparcv9 assembler routines for slight performance improvement.
- Added sparcv8 assembler routines for multi-precision integer multiplication.
- Added arm assembler routines for multi-precision integer multiplication.
- Added prototype 64-bit ia64 assembler routines for multi-precision integer operations.
- Started writing the long-awaited documentation.
- Changed mp32barrett struct and operations to be multithread-safe; this required a change in API.
- Changed hashFunction struct to incorporate internal block size parameter.
- Changed HMAC algorithm and file names to match names in RFC 2104.
- Changed SHA-1 C code for slightly faster results.
- Changed detection of entropy devices.
- Changed most void-returning functions to return int for error conditions.
- Changed beecrypt-java class names in javaglue.
- Added RSA keypair generation.
- Added RSA private & public key operations.
- Added SHA-256 hash function.
- Added HMAC-MD5 and HMAC-SHA-256 keyed hash functions.
- Added PKCS#5 padding.
- Added DHAES encryption scheme.
- Added Microsoft Visual C support, added Makefile.mak for this purpose.
- Added Solaris/Sparc Forte C 64 bit support.
- Added configure --disable-optimized option (disables assembler & processor-specific optimizations).
- Fixed bug in SHA-1 assembler code for Pentium, where local variables were used below the current stack pointer; this could cause a problem if the routine was interrupted. This was pointed out by Richard Clayton.
- Fixed bug in (certain cases of) modular inverse computation.
- Fixed buffer overrun in base64 encoding. This was pointed out by Jon Sturgeon.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
- Renamed text files to match automake conventions.
- Fixed bugs in discrete logarithm domain parameter generator. The code to make a generator of order q and (p-1) was wrong. This was pointed out by Susumu Yamamoto.
- Added MD5 hash function.
- Changed autoconfig script for easier porting.
- Changed sources for easier compilation on Microsoft Visual C++; no assembler-optimization on this platform yet.
- Fixed bug in javaglue when passing null IV to blockcipher.
- Shared library is now linked dynamically, with shared object name and version.
- Tested on Alpha Linux.
- Tested on Alpha FreeBSD.
- Added support for Compaq Alpha Tru64 Unix.
- Added initial support for QNX.
- Added glue for interfacing from BeeCrypt Java Cryptography Provider.
- Changed blockcipher struct to support interfacing with Java.
- Added better blockcipher IV handling.
- Multi-pass block processing is now possible with blockEncrypt/blockDecrypt.
- Updated config.sub and config.guess to latest version from sources.redhat.com
- Changed opening of entropy devices to blocking read-only mode instead of non-blocking read-write.
- Added win32 'wincrypt' entropy source.
- Added win32 'console' entropy source.
- Added FreeBSD support.
- Added PowerPC assembler optimized multiprecision subtraction routines.
- Added initial ia64 support.
- Added initial Darwin support (everything compiles, but the shared library doesn't build yet).
- Fixed Windows 2000 entropy bug; instead of using the first waveIn device, entropy now uses WAVE_MAPPER.
- Added sparcv9 mp32addsqrtrc GNU assembler routine.
- Added more hashFunctionContext and keyedHashFunctionContext functions.
- Added a sliding window modular exponentiation, about 30% faster than left-to-right exponentiation.
- Fixed bugs in fips180opt.gas.i586.s (Linux SHA-1 assembler code for Pentium/Pentium Pro) - the Windows/Metrowerks version was okay.
- Added Win32 support; compiled as DLL with MetroWerks CodeWarrior Pro 5, it runs fine on Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 (if you have a soundcard with a microphone port). Note that there is a know issue on Windows 2000, see BUGS.
- Global code overhaul to support Win32
- Added more assembler routines, including SHA-1 for Pentium Pro (60% faster)
- Added cleanup function to randomGenerator
- Added missing functions in endianness.c
- Fixed bug in entropy.c where devices might stay open
- Eliminated mutex.h include file; it was more clear to do everything conditionally than to expand the macros in this file to encompass the Win32 API calls.
- Added PowerPC assembler optimization for multiprecision integers, 80% faster on our PowerMac 7200/90
- Fixed /dev/random entropy provider
- Changed name SHA1 to SHA-1 in fips180 for consistency
- Added missing file 'blowfishopt.o'
- Changes to configure script, to distinguish between different processors of the x86 family
- Changes to blowfish code, 586/686 assembler optimization added, 30% faster on Pentium/PentiumPro
- Changes to blowfish code, eliminated static blowfishSetupEncrypt; incorporated into regular encrypt
- Changes to Makefile to selectively use blowfish assember code, depending on cpu type
- Added missing routines 'mp32bzero' and 'mp32bnpowmod' to mp32barrett.c
- Fixed 'const register' to 'register const' in mp32.c
- Minor fixes in included header files
- Initial public release