TODO file for BINS (in no particular order)
- fix date encoding
- use chmod() and symlink() instead of system()
- add author email in default templates.
- include bins_cleanupgallery in bins program.
- copy the origninal image to the destination album, with a link in
the HTML, if it is not already there (same source & destination size,
scaleIfSameSize=0 and no rotation).
- link .avi files to .thm when possible.
- rotate JPEG images with a size that is not multiple of the iMCU with
mogrify instead of jpegtran (and perhaps remove border on scaled
images to avoid such size problems).
- display numbers of images for each album in tree page.
- don't process empty dirs.
- possibilty to have images and sub-album in top level album
(currently, the thumbnail of the top level album is not displayed).
- possibility to put XML files in another location (so images from
CD-ROM can be used).
- more sophisticated install procedure to not erase HTML templates
and config files
- command line option to select XML encoding.
- handle correctly date/time format using plxgettext from Mandrake
package: lacks -k option for now.
- add long option names with getopt
- select images to include in album by using contents of desc fields
(eg: album with all images where 'people' contains 'joe').
- add possibility to exclude directory (like CVS ones).
- generic description tag in the album.xml, to be used with all image
in this album missing this tag.
- blue bar on the left is too long if lot of thumbs pages
- possibility to have albums in different langages
- gzip .xml files (controlled by an option)
- use of CSS
- possibility to have parameter by album (in the album.xml) or by
image (in its .xml file) to permit different image sizes, for
example�: almost done for some parameters
- use of the JIT compiler for HTML:Template: impossible for now, due
to bugs in HTML::Template:JIT. Some characters ($, \, %, @) must be
escaped (see http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=349 for bug
- hotkeys : DONE
- don't overwrite .htaccess file if it exists, but edit it : DONE
- preserve timestamp on files using cp -p when possible : DONE
- possiblity to have different number of scaled images in a album: DONE.
- width and height are not inversed on rotation with -o copied: CORRECTED
- parameter to choose to rotate the original or the destination image: DONE
- <tag> attribute (in exif section) to tell BINS to not read EXIF
fields in picture but only in desc file: DONE
- use the previous attibute to set the new orientation when bins
rotate the original image and get rid of the BinsRotated parameter in
Exif section: DONE
- use of TITLE attibute on some links or image to give help as
tooltips (for image title, sizes, etc...): DONE
- thumb of current album (if any) in subalbum page: DONE.
- add date of generation in the HTML code: DONE.
- use of a config file to store parameters (instead of putting them
directly at the beginning og the code): DONE
- chmod u+w on destination image after a cp: done
- guess local encoding from locales setting: done
- correct bug with grayscales jpeg: done
- use of color styles (to select a set of colors): done
- process .tiff files, as well as other formats: done
- screenshot of bins-edit-gui: done
- strip any . in the short size name when creating file names
- handle broken jpegtran
current one is loaded.