Buildbot: build/test automation
Brian Warner <warner-buildbot @ lothar . com>
Dustin J. Mitchell <email@example.com>
Buildbot is a continuous integration system designed to automate the
build/test cycle. By automatically rebuilding and testing the tree each time
something has changed, build problems are pinpointed quickly, before other
developers are inconvenienced by the failure. Features
* Buildbot is easy to set up, but very extensible and customizable. It
supports arbitrary build processes, and is not limited to common build
processes for particular languages (e.g., autotools or ant)
* Buildbot supports building and testing on a variety of platforms.
Developers, who do not have the facilities to test their changes everywhere
before committing, will know shortly afterwards whether they have broken the
build or not.
* Buildbot has minimal requirements for slaves: using virtualenv, only a
Python installation is required.
* Slaves can be run behind a NAT firewall and communicate with the master
* Buildbot has a variety of status-reporting tools to get information about
builds in front of developers in a timely manner.
This package contains only the buildslave implementation. The `buildbot`
package contains the buildmaster as well as a complete set of documentation.
See http://buildbot.net for more information and for an online version of the