File: AUTHORS.TXT

package info (click to toggle)
ccextractor 0.87+ds1-1
  • links: PTS, VCS
  • area: main
  • in suites: bullseye, buster, sid
  • size: 10,064 kB
  • sloc: ansic: 172,772; makefile: 777; sh: 622; python: 319
file content (85 lines) | stat: -rw-r--r-- 2,795 bytes parent folder | download
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
´╗┐ccextractor was originally a mildly optimized C port of McPoodle's excellent
but painfully slow Perl script SCC_RIP. That port (ccextractor 0.01) was
written by Carlos Fernández (cfsmp3).

After a number of versions that did something semiuseful Volker Quetschke
joined the effort and together Carlos and Volker to CCExtractor a point in
which it was actually really usable, at least for the cases that interested
them.

Unfortunately Volker moved on once CCExtractor did what he needed to do for
him.

At some point David Liontooth from UCLA started to use CCExtractor as a 
replacement for libzvbi because libzvbi wasn't working for some specific
streams. UCLA became the primary key user as they were using CCExtractor
24x7 to process a huge amount of stream from several countries, and was 
therefore able to provide samples, proper bug reports, etc.

At that time CCEXtractor was still US-centric, because it was originally
written so Carlos could get subtitles for US TV shows. But UCLA wanted
European subtitles too, and they already had recording nodes in Denmark
(which use teletext) and Spain (which uses DVB).

For teletext a good solution existed already: Petr Kutalek's telxcc. 
We contacted Petr and asked for permission to integrate his code into
CCExtractor. Petr's absolutely brilliantly clean code was easy to 
integrate and build upon - and with it, we added support for the first
kind of European subtitles.

Around that time, we decided to apply for Google Summer of Code. That
was also a game changer, with Willem, Ruslan and Anshul being the first
3 students. They are still around, now as mentors and year round 
contributors.

Since them, many more people have been involved: More than 10 as 
Google Summer of Code students, Code-In students, companies that
sponsored development by hiring team members to do custom development
(Comcast was the first one, and we'll always be grateful for the 
opportunity). 

List of students is below (if they added themselves). For a complete
list, just check the pull requests at GitHub.

Home: https://www.ccextractor.org

Google Summer of Code 2014 students
- Willem Van Iseghem
- Ruslan Kuchumov
- Anshul Maheshwari

Google Summer of Code 2015 students
- Willem Van Iseghem
- Ruslan Kuchumov
- Anshul Maheshwari
- Nurendra Choudhary
- Oleg Kiselev
- Vasanth Kalingeri

Google Summer of Code 2016 students
- Willem Van Iseghem
- Ruslan Kuchumov
- Abhishek Vinjamoori
- Abhinav Shukla
- Rishabh Garg

Google Code-in 2016 students
- Evgeny Shulgin
- Manveer Basra
- Alexandru Bratosin
- Matej Plavevski
- Danila Fedorin

Google Code-in 2017 students
- Matej Plavevski
- Harry Yu
- Theodore Fabian
- Nikunj Taneja
- John Chew
- Aadi Bajpai
- Wiliam(Hori75)

Google Summer of Code 2017 students
- Diptanshu Jamgade
- Mayank Gupta