- on various places in drv_dvd.c, check for the correct answer ("long write in
progress" and friends) instead of using the dumb wait_unit_ready method.
- (for consideration) similar got natname management in libusal, add a method
to check whether the device can be opened without side effects (for safety)
and then get the device capabilities to select the best drive for the input
size. Kind of generic implementation of the Linux specific guessing code.
- look for alternative ways to find the maximum DMA transfer size, Schilling
wrote something about SKGETSIZE ioctl being fixed in recent Linux kernel
- wrong buffer size displayed with MMC5 DVD recorders, works with -prcap
though. Find a way to get the real one when printing status.
- check OpenBSD issues with OSS libs
- fix the multi-file in cuefile support at all. First idea:
import libcuefile from on cuetools-1.3.1/src/lib (after generating the
parser with its build system), add CMakeLists.txt, drop cue.c and make wodim
make use of the parsed CUE data if available.
But be warned, JS said something about bugs in cuetools code, a proper test
suite is required. I doubt he will share his test cases.
Maybe even do it properly and create a track writting strategy preprocessor
module which could be feeded from cue/toc or from CLI options.
But OTOH this is similar to what libburnia is going to make real, spare time
is better invested there.
- Scale the command timeout with the recommended WRITE command minimum wait
time? See Pioneer specs from DVR-111 for details.
- check the REMOTE method, especially with real device names and ssh.
Something is going wrong.
Stop supporting it, add a warning to libusal (scsi-remote.c or so) to not
use it, add an appropriate comment to a BUGS file
- check libparanoia, we may link dynamicaly with it. Quality? Portability?
- check notes in help output, drop advisories, notes about future plans...
- find out why spawn.c breaks in WAIT_H while the WAIT_UNION check works quite
well on sys/wait.h. See include/CMakeLists.txt comments.
- wodim -audio wavefile thesamewavefile thesamewavefile fails with obscure
symptoms. Why? See .cue file problems above for that topic.
- make some deflt.h functions inline, use a define wrapper INLINE which is set
empty if the compiler does not support it
- review the sort/uniq code in dvd_file.c, see comments there
- implement -stream-file-name properly. Then close #157962