`CF <http://cfconventions.org/>`_ is a `netCDF
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf>`_ convention which is in
wide and growing use for the storage of model-generated and
observational data relating to the atmosphere, ocean and Earth system.
This package is an implementation of the `CF data model
<http://cf-trac.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/95>`_, and as such it is an API
allows for the full scope of data and metadata interactions described
by the CF conventions.
With this package you can:
* Read `CF-netCDF <http://cfconventions.org/>`_ files,
`CFA-netCDF <http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~david/cfa/0.4>`_ files
and UK Met Office fields files and PP files.
* Create CF fields.
* Write fields to CF-netCDF and CFA-netCDF files on disk.
* Aggregate collections of fields into as few multidimensional
fields as possible using the `CF aggregation rules
* Create, delete and modify a field's data and metadata.
* Select and subspace fields according to their metadata.
* Perform broadcastable, metadata-aware arithmetic, comparison and
trigonometric operation with fields.
* Collapse fields by statistical operations.
* Sensibly deal with date-time data.
* Allow for cyclic axes.
* Visualize fields the `cfplot package
All of the above use :ref:`LAMA` functionality, which allows multiple
fields larger than the available memory to exist and be manipulated.
See the `cf-python home page <http://cfpython.bitbucket.org/>`_ for
downloads, installation and source code.