cfv 1.18.2 Copyright 2000-2008 Matthew Mueller <donut AT dakotacom DOT net>
Python >= 1.6 http://www.python.org/
(Python >= 2.3 is recommended for best unicode support)
Python Imaging Library http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
(only needed if you want to create the dimensions column of .crc files)
(may speed up checksumming speed a bit, especially if your python
wasn't built with the mmap module.)
(modules must be in the python search path to allow .torrent checking.)
1) run make with no arguments to see possible installation methods
2) run your chosen method (or manually put cfv and cfv.1 where you want)
3) read man page, cfv -h, etc. have fun.
4) optional: run tests to verify correct operation: cd test; ./test.py
1) move cfv.py to c:\python24\lib\site-packages\
2) move cfv.bat to somewhere in the path
3) Edit the cfv.bat file if your python is installed somewhere other than
c:\python24 (and obviously you'll need to change the path in step 1 too.)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
See the file 'COPYING' for more information.
I would appreciate it if you make modifications if you would send them
to me for possible inclusion in the main source.
You can get the latest version at