- The archives service will now only look at the archives listed between
the oldest backup start archive and the max WAL returned by the pgBackRest
info command. This should avoid unnecessary alerts.
To extend the check to all the archives found, the new --extended-check
argument has been implemented (suggested by blogh).
- Remove refresh of pgBackRest info return after getting the archives list.
That avoids CRITICAL alert if an archive is generated between those two steps.
Instead, a WARNING message "max WAL is not the latest archive" will be
displayed (suggested by blogh).
- Fix S3 archives detection (reported by khadijahvf).
- New enable-internal-pgbr-cmds argument, for pgBackRest >= 2.28. Internal
pgBackRest commands will then be used to list and get the content of files
in the repository instead of Perl specific drivers. This is, for instance,
needed to access encrypted repositories. This should become the default and
only access method in the next release, removing some Perl dependencies.
- Change output of missing archives. The complete list is now only shown in
--debug mode (suggested by Guillaume Lelarge).
- Add --list-archives argument to print the list of all the archived WAL
- Rename --format argument to --output.
- Add json output format.
- Add timing debug information.
- Improve performance of the needed wal list check.
- Check for each backup its needed archived WALs based on wal start/stop
information given by the pgBackRest "info" command.
- Return WARNING instead of CRITICAL in case of missing archived WAL prior
to latest backup, regardless its type.
- Add ignore-archived-before argument to ignore the archived WALs before the
- Rename ignore-archived-since argument to ignore-archived-after.
- Add --retention-age-to-full argument to check the latest full backup age.
- Fix bad behavior on CIFS mount (reported by `renesepp`).
- Add Amazon s3 support for archives service (Andrew E. Bruno).
- Avoid chdir when scanning a directory to avoid some problems with
`sudo -u` (Christophe Courtois).
- New check_pgb_version service (suggested by Christophe Courtois).
- Order archived WALs list by filename to validate if none is missing.
- Add --debug option to print some debug messages.
- Add ignore-archived-since argument to ignore the archived WALs since the
- Add --latest-archive-age-alert to define the max age of the latest
archived WAL before raising a critical alert.