LIST OF IDEAS AND TODO ITEMS FOR BABEL
* VERY IMPORTANT: given that we steal a lot of code from OpenMCL we
probably to license those files under the LLGPL (or is it the
whole library?) Figure this out ASAP.
* Many more tests needed.
- test invalid sequences.
- use more interesting test files.
- test with big strings that when converted would need a array
with more than array-index-limit elements.
* Add support for ennforcing endiannes for multi-byte encodings like
UTF-16 and UTF-32.
* Implement more encodings. (ISO-8859-*, windows, CJK encodings, etc)
* null-termination, bom-markers. Add to string-to-octets.
* Unicode normalization routines?
* Allow for non-fixnum indexes?
* Address the various XXX and TODO items in the source.
* Should we start adding a lot of encodings, a load-on-demand scheme
might come in handy. It would also help with debugging.
* Make the test suite reusable, very much like mappings are reusable.
* Make the whole thing easier to debug.