* 0.8.5 released, October 18, 2015
- first feature complete QT 5 version of ColorCode
- adjustments to compile and run with QT 5
* 0.7.2 released, March 18, 2011
- pause/resume a game
- copy game numbers to clipboard
- redesigned preferences dialog
- some new settings options like cutomized table row highlight colors and the possibility
to hide hundredth and tenth of seconds
- some minor bug fixes
- this is the latest QT 4 version of ColorCode
* 0.7.1 released, February 17, 2011
- bookmark a game after the game has been finished (bug fix)
* 0.7.0 released, February 16, 2011
- threads, game timer, game numbers, highscores, game lists
- some refactoring and minor bug fixes
- solver and timer got separate threads to keep the user interface
responsive even under heavy load
* Game Timer
- takes and displays elapsed game time
- time and game setting will be taken into account
* Game Numbers
- this enables you to play the very same game at different computers at any time
* Game Lists
- dialog for highscores, favorites and previous games,
you may select any of the games listed and play those again
or you may start a game by arbitrary number input
* Settings options
- games lists and highscore related settings
- if you're afraid to remember a game by number, you may hide the game number
displayed at the bottom
- you may hide the timer to keep calm ;-)
- czech tarnslation updated - thanks to Pavel Fric
- french tarnslation updated - thanks to Filippo Rusconi
- added hungarian translation (unfinished yet) - thanks to Németh Gábor
- added spanish translation (unfinished yet) - thanks to Marcos del Puerto García
* 0.6.1 released, February 16, 2010
- Added french translation - thanks to Filippo Rusconi.
* 0.6.0 released, February 14, 2010
- Second game mode (Computer vs. Human)
- Preferences dialog for persistent settings
- Additional settings options
* Preferences dialog
- To examine all available settings options, a preferences dialog has been introduced.
- The chosen preferences/settings are now persistent, so when starting the application,
the last used settings are applied.
* Settings options
- Game modes (Human vs Computer or Computer versus Human)
- To get a fair chance you may select a weaker solver strength level for your computer
- Let an impartial part :-) of your computer determine the corresponding hints for the
computer's guess. This option affects only Computer vs. Human games. If checked, you
only have to place your secret combination. Then the rest of the game runs automatically
until the end.
- To better watch your computer trying hard to break your code, you may
define a timeout between the guesses
- Select letters or numbers as text indicators and - if convenient - do
not use colors as indicators at all - but it's still ColorCode ;-)
- Some minor changes and new buttons for the second game mode.
* 0.5.5 released, October 31, 2009
- Accessibility and usability improvements
* Settings options
- For the color sensitive of us ;-) the posibility to change the color order by drag and drop
has been added.
- Press CTRL while dragging to flip two colors or CTRL+SHIFT to cyclic shift the color order.
You can do this even while a game is running - the whole existing display will change.
- New 'Reset Color Order' option in the settings menu to revert your changes.
- Also - and more important - for the more text aimed a settings option has been added,
to toggle the display of letter indicators for the different peg colors.
- Make the documentations page accessible from the game's help menu.
- Some minor changes.
* 0.5 released, October 21, 2009
- The number of columns in the game is now customizable. The column count can be any number
from 2 untill 5.
- Updated translation files
- Changed how the solver determines the first guess. Also - for the following really calculated
guesses - if the number of possibilities is very high (mostly at the early phase of a 10 colors/
5 columns game) the solver will automatically fallback to a weaker algorithm until the number
of possibilities has been narrowed, to reduce calculating time
- Some minor changes to handle the variable number of columns. Added toolbar controls to enable
the change of all level related settings here. The statusbar now permanently shows the current
* 0.4 released, October 7, 2009
- The GUI has been changed completely and the Usability was improved by adding some keyboard
shortcuts for often needed interactions.
- Added czech translation. Thanks to Pavel Fric.
- To avoid those 'QGraphicsItem::ungrabMouse: not a mouse grabber' warnings emit the mouse event
only if the hint button hasn't been disabled just before ...
- The License had been changed from the GPL v2 to GPL v3.
- Complete Change, so all paint methods had to be changed and optimized. The background is now
drawn by its own class, no more brushed metall background image anymore.
* 0.3 released, September 26, 2009
- Introduced a rather perfect MasterMind solver. It will watch any move you take and any hints
you have gotten, so you can at any time in a running game let your computer guess for you.
Of course you can change or discard it's suggestion :-) .
- The solver has 3 built in levels of stregth. For the suggestions, currently only the most
powerfull is used. For the first guess it will use a reasonable random guess based on pre-
calculated combinations to reduce computation time.
- Make the solver's guess action accessible at the toolbar.
* 0.2 released, September 10, 2009
- Added 3 levels of difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard) based on the possibility to change the
available number of colors for a game. You can play games with 6, 8 or 10 colors.
- Added a combo-box (select) control to the toolbar, to easily access the level (color count)
- Enable hiding the menubar, toolbar and statusbar.
- Changed to a centered layout (message display and game board).
* 0.1 released, September 6, 2009
- This is the initial release of ColorCode, a free MasterMind clone. Try to guess a combination
of 8 colors within at most 10 guesses.
- You may allow or not pegs of the same color. You can fill the rows by random or duplicate
a previous one.
- English and German translations are available.