This is the Debian GNU/Linux prepackaged version of GNU cpio
This package was put together by Ian Murdock <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
from sources obtained from:
This package has been modified by Brian Mays <email@example.com>.
Modifications of cpio package for Debian GNU/Linux Copyright (C) 1996
Brian Mays and are released under the GPL (on Debian systems see
* added Debian GNU/Linux package maintenance system files
* moved rmt from /etc to /usr/sbin and installed a symbolic link to
* split cpio and mt into two separate Debian binary packages
* fixed 'mt -V' bug
* modified cpio to print a list of filenames terminated by a null
character when the -t and -0 flags are used
* eliminated a spurious error message printed when the -a flag is
used on a read-only filesystem
* fixed a remote ioctl bug in mt that caused spurious error messages
when commands were sent to a remote tape device
* added SCSI support to mt
* fixed 'cpio --sparse' bug
* added an rmt man page (from BSD).
* fixed a bug that could cause an endless loop
* fixed a bug that can occur when restoring a whole filesystem
* fixed problem causing corruption of old style ascii cpio archives
* fixed a bug that prevents cpio from being compiled with glibc 2.1
* added an rsh-command option to cpio and mt
* made ssh the default remote command (instead of rsh)
* fixed bug causing cpio to segfault when the tar format is used
* fixed bugs causing cpio to use the wrong minor device numbers
GNU cpio is Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; version 2 dated June, 1991.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General
Public License can be found in `/usr/doc/copyright/GPL'.
rmt.c is Copyright (C) 1983 Regents of the University of California.
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
duplicated in all such forms and that any documentation,
advertising materials, and other materials related to such
distribution and use acknowledge that the software was developed
by the University of California, Berkeley. The name of the
University may not be used to endorse or promote products derived
from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.