- Relaese version 2.0 of cups-bjnp
- adds reporting of ink levels to Cups
- improves error hendling
- This is a beta version of the upcoming bjnp 2.0 release
Ink level reporting is added as well as improved error handling.
If there are issues (e.g. one or more cartridges not recognized and showing as
white or any other issues, please report them in the bug-tracker on sourceforge.
Please provide the bjnp_log file with debuglevel set to DEBUG (see README for details
on how to set debugging. For most errors just ading the printer status string
(grep the debug output for BST) should be sufficient
- This is the 1.2.2 release. The changes are quite limited:
bugfix for newer Canon printers that send an XML-document for the printer status
fix for a possible buffer overflow in parsing of reponses
- versions 1.2.1
Fix issue where printer sent responses in 2 TCP packets
- Version 1.2
Adds support from printing over IPv6
major code restructuring and rwrite
- This is the 1.1 release. IPv6 is now supported for printing and printer detection.
- We now really use only port 8611 for printer detection.
- The long standing "failed to read side channel" bug is solved.
The source code has received a major overhaul: lots of refactoring. The code has been
split into a number of C-files. The protocol depedent definitions are now in a
separate header file
- This is the 1.0 release. Not that much changed, but the package is apparently ok as is
In this release some unused code is removed and the name resolution is changed to
verify after a reverse lookup that a normal (forward) lookup indeed returns the right
ip-address. This fixes the case where a buggy name server (some CPE) returns a bogus
name. Some IPv6 related fixes.
- This release only changes the rpm-spec handling in preparation for release in Fedora.
There are no other functional changes. So for most people there is no need to update.
2009-02-11 Version 0.5
- Corrected a bug where the backend would crash during printer discovery when it encountered
a point to point link.
- Added autoconf/automake support.
2008-11-18 Fourth beta release
- Added keep-alive for TCP connection as printer may time out if for any reason (slow filter)
connection is inactive for 30 sec (reportd by ZEDO)
- added a 15 sec delay at end of printjob as printer may otherwise not accept new printjob
(also reported by Zedo)
- Rewrote specfile so it works for all redhat based releases
2008-08-09 Second beta release
- added out of paper support
- improved logging/debugging support:
Normally we log to the cups error log
For debugging of printer discover we can set env. var BJNP_DEBUG
For debugging of printing we can set the debuglevel as part of the device URI:
Debugging levels are named as in CUPS
2008-08-07 First beta release of CUPS-bjnp.
- This release adds a number of additions over the alpha versions released before on fazant.net:
- Adds spec files for Fedora and Centos 5 (RHEL5)
- Compiles without the need for the CUPS sources
- Supports CUPS 1.2 and 1.3 with the same source files
- Ink level support is not included but planned to be added to Turboprint