- cleanup debugging code to better integrate with CUPS logging and debugging support
- re-enable side channel support for Cups >= 1.3
- create spec file for RPM creation
- Move project to sourceforge
- Add out of paper detection (is signalled in BST flag in status. Relevant defines
are already added in cups-bjnp.h BST_OPCALL signals out of paper)
- printing still is slow compared to the windows. I have no idea how ro solve it.
solved by the changes recommended by Zedo, the kind Turboprint people, that included
cups-bjnp in their product (www.turboprint.de). Throttle delay changed to 40 ms and
print buffer changed to 4k
- improve documentation per the mail from Jonathan Yu:
If I could make a suggestion, I think the INSTALL file should include some kind
of instruction to edit the DIST_DIR variable in the Makefile. This might make it
easier for less experienced users and might save people some time.
- Does bjnp protocol support authentication? May need implementation. After some study
it appears that this is not the case. Only printer settings can be password protected
- cleanup error handling (there are too many exit statements in the code
- Still need to put sourceforge as source in spec files
- Improve error handling for calls to select: 0 and -1 must be treated separately
- add support for CUPS 1.4, there were no additions required
- try broadcast a numer of times to allow for packet loss
- serial in protocol is 16 bit, not 32!
- there are still parts in the code marked as TODO
- Check payload length in all set_cmd calls. Sometimes we send total length, sometimes payload
- check if off-line event can happen, or if it always means printer off.
if so, we may need to restart the printjob!!