# Security Policies and Procedures
This document outlines security procedures and general policies for the Cylc
* [Reporting a Bug](#reporting-a-bug)
* [Disclosure Policy](#disclosure-policy)
* [Comments on this Policy](#comments-on-this-policy)
## Reporting a Bug
The Cylc maintainers take security bugs seriously. Thank you for improving the
security of Cylc. We appreciate your efforts and responsible disclosure and
will make every effort to acknowledge your contributions.
Please report security bugs by sending an email to the lead Cylc maintainers,
[Hilary Oliver](mailto:email@example.com) and [Matt
Shin](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). If a fix is needed, progress will be
recorded on Cylc repository Issue page on GitHub, and resulting new releases
will be announced on the Cylc [mail forum](mailto:email@example.com).
Report security bugs in third-party modules to the person or team maintaining
## Disclosure Policy
When the Cylc maintainers receive a security bug report, they will assign it to
a primary handler. This person will coordinate the fix and release process as
* Confirm the problem and determine the affected versions.
* Audit code to find any potential similar problems.
* Prepare fixes for all releases still under maintenance. These fixes will be
released as fast as possible.
## Comments on this Policy
If you have suggestions on how this process could be improved please submit a