# $Id: CREDITS,v 1.45 2012/11/08 21:01:29 michaels Exp $
This software was developed for Inferno Nettverk A/S, Norway, by
- Michael Shuldman
- Karl-Andr� Skevik
At least the following additional people should be credited:
- David Koblas (email@example.com) authored the original
Socks protocol and implementation.
- Ying-Da Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) maintained the socks4 package.
Also thanks to him for letting us include the file describing the
v4 protocol, "SOCKS4.protocol".
- The people at NEC (http://www.socks.nec.com) have done much for Socks,
including extension of the original protocol. The idea for "socksify"
also came from them.
- Most of the compatibility functions were taken from OpenBSD and
are copyright The Regents of the University of California.
- The snprintf function is copyright Theo de Raadt
- The setproctitle replacement is taken from sendmail-8.8.8 and written
by Eric P. Allman
- J�rgen Lundman (email@example.com) provided invaluable help
during the process of getting msproxy support into Dante. Thanks
a lot. J�rgen Lundman would also like to thank Paul Leask
for his time and effort in this project.
- Andrew Pimlott's (firstname.lastname@example.org) work on analysing
the msproxy protocol was helpful and served to complement and
speed up the process of adding msproxy support to Dante.
Andrew Pimlott also has his own msproxy implementation, but as he
is busy requests that people only contact him if they are desperate
and Dante does not work for them.
- Thanks to Oren Tiorsh (email@example.com) who contributed the
rpm spec files.
- Thanks to Jay Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help with the
digital unix port and an account to test it on.
- Malte Cornils <email@example.com> for help with the HP-UX
- M. Everett Hinckley (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Tommy Chan
ported Dante to AIX.
- Thanks to Per Hedeland (email@example.com) for much
appreciated help with some tricky stuff in address matching code as well
as several useful code patches over the years.
- Patrick Bihan-Faou, MindStep Corporation, firstname.lastname@example.org
contributed support for PAM.
- Tom Chan <email@example.com> contributed code to find out what
local address the system would select to use for connecting to a
particular ipaddress, used for "external.rotation: route".
- Lennart Dahlstr�m <firstname.lastname@example.org> contributed an
implementation of getipnodebyname().
- Motoyuki Kasahara <email@example.com> contributed the
getaddrinfo() implementation used in the code.
- Markus Moeller (markus_moeller at compuserve.com) contributed a patch
to limit the range of udp-ports used between the socks-client and the
- Markus Moeller (markus_moeller at compuserve.com) contributed the
SOCKS GSSAPI (RFC 1961) implementation in Dante, server and client.
Many thanks to Markus for this.
- Lysenko Konstantin <firstname.lastname@example.org> contributed support for
- Also thanks to everyone who reported bugs, wrote articles about how to
use Dante, or provided other constructive feedback.