dcmtk (3.5.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
Version 3.5.4 of the OFFIS DCMTK (DICOM ToolKit) software includes
the following main changes over the previous version (Version 3.5.3):
* The former "imagectn" tool has been renamed to "dcmqrscp" (Q/R
SCP) and has been refactored into a simple class structure that
offers a clean API for exchanging the index file
back-end. Minimal support for compressed transfer syntaxes has
been added. The tool can now also be started by root and change
privileges to a different user and group specified in the config
* New tool pdf2dcm allows to convert PDF files to DICOM
Encapsulated PDF Storage SOP instances.
* New lossless JPEG encoder that guarantees "true lossless"
compression in contrast to the old implementation which could
cause rounding errors in certain cases.
* StoreSCP now supports multi-process mode both on Posix and Win32
platforms where a separate client process is forked for each
incoming association. On Posix platforms, the tool can also be
started from inetd.
* New schema for include files. All includes files are now
included as #include "dcmtk/module/file.h", e.g. #include
"dcmtk/dcmdata/dctk.h". This allows the DCMTK header files to be
installed in a public directory such as /usr/local/include and
eliminates the risk of name clashes.
* DcmFileFormat::loadFile can now be prevented from attempting to
load non-part 10 files as DICOM datasets. Many tools support a
corresponding command line option "--read-file-only".
* Many tools support a new command line option that ignores the
transfer syntax specified in the meta header and tries to detect
the transfer syntax automatically from the dataset.
* Added support for X-Ray Radiation Dose SR and Procedure Log SR
documents in dcmsr module.
* TLS module now supports AES ciphersuites if compiled with
OpenSSL 0.9.7 or newer. All TLS-enabled tools now support the
"AES TLS Secure Transport Connection Profile".
* Added command line options for separate DIMSE and ACSE timeouts
to many tools
* The dcmdata module now supports an automatic re-conversion of
defined length UN elements read in an explicit VR transfer
syntax, if the real VR is defined in the data dictionary. A
corresponding command line option "--convert-un" is available in
dcmdump and dcmconv.
* Compilation with OpenSSL 0.9.8, which introduces an incompatible
API change, is now supported.
* Network tools support transmission and receipt of JPEG 2000
* DICOMDIR tools and classes now support Encapsulated Document,
Real World Value Mapping, Hanging Protocol and Color
Presentation State objects.
* The toolkit can now read DICOM files in which the meta header
group length attribute (0002,0000) is absent, based on a
heuristic that checks for group 0002 attribute tags.
* Added option --read-dataset to dcmdjpeg that allows to
decompress JPEG compressed DICOM objects that have been stored
as dataset without meta-header.
* Added support for reading UN elements with undefined length
according to CP 246. A flag allows to revert to the prior
behaviour in which UN elements with undefined length were parsed
like a normal explicit VR SQ element.
* Added support for new Media Storage Application Profiles
according to DICOM PS 3.12-2004. Removed support for
non-standard conformant "No profile".
* The DICOM data dictionary has been re-worked based on the latest
supplements and correction proposals, as usual.
* Many bug fixes and minor improvements as usual - see the
/usr/share/doc/dcmtk/changelog.gz file for more details.
-- Juergen Salk <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:29:15 +0000