This DICOM ToolKit (DCMTK) package consists of source code, documentation and installation instructions for a set of software libraries and applications implementing part of the DICOM/MEDICOM Standard.
DCMTK contains the following sub-packages, each in its own sub-directory:
- **config** - configuration utilities for DCMTK
- **dcmdata** - a data encoding/decoding library and utility apps
- **dcmfg** - a library for working with functional groups
- **dcmimage** - adds support for color images to dcmimgle
- **dcmimgle** - an image processing library and utility apps
- **dcmiod** - a library for working with information objects and modules
- **dcmjpeg** - a compression/decompression library and utility apps
- **dcmjpls** - a compression/decompression library and utility apps
- **dcmnet** - a networking library and utility apps
- **dcmpmap** - a library for working with parametric map objects
- **dcmpstat** - a presentation state library and utility apps
- **dcmqrdb** - an image database server
- **dcmrt** - a radiation therapy library and utility apps
- **dcmseg** - a library for working with segmentation objects
- **dcmsign** - a digital signature library and utility apps
- **dcmsr** - a structured reporting library and utility apps
- **dcmtls** - security extensions for the network library
- **dcmtract** - a library for working with tractography results
- **dcmwlm** - a modality worklist database server
- **oflog** - a logging library based on log4cplus
- **ofstd** - a library of general purpose classes
Each sub-directory (except _config_) contains further sub-directories for application source code (_apps_), library source code (_libsrc_), library include files (_include_), configuration data (_etc_), documentation (_docs_), sample and support data (_data_) as well as test programs (_tests_).
To build and install the DCMTK package see the [INSTALL](INSTALL) file. For copyright information see the [COPYRIGHT](COPYRIGHT) file. For information about the history of this software see the [HISTORY](HISTORY) file. For answers to frequently asked questions please consult the [FAQ](http://forum.dcmtk.org/faq/).
In addition to the API documentation, which is also available [online](https://support.dcmtk.org/docs/), there is a [Wiki](http://support.dcmtk.org/wiki/) system where further information (e.g. HOWTOs) can be found.
If you find bugs or other problems with this software, we would appreciate hearing about them. Please send electronic mail to: bugs/at/dcmtk/dot/org
Please try to describe the problem in detail and if possible give a suggested fix. For general questions on how to compile, install or use the toolkit we recommend the [public discussion forum](http://forum.dcmtk.org/).