v1.3.6 (December 17, 2016)
- HTTP redirections will be followed when loading images (Qt 5 only).
- Duration of popup notifications is now configurable, and notifications
can be set to be persistent.
- Some input fields will show a button to clear them (Qt 5 only).
- Added Galician translation by EVAnaRkISTO.
- Other small fixes.
v1.3.5 (October 9, 2016)
- Items highlighted due to filtering rules will show the reasons for
- After downloading an attachment, a button will appear, to open the file
using the default program from the user's desktop environment.
- Added buttons to rotate images in the image viewer (Ctrl+Left/Right keys).
- Building with Qt 5 is officially supported now.
*** Note that your system will need a Qt 5 build of the QOAuth library. ***
- Some windows that used to block input to the rest of the program, such as
posts opened from the Meanwhile feed, will be independent now.
- The color setting for highlighted items is now enabled by default.
- Several improvements in page selector.
- Fix corner case where timeline might update while a comment is being
composed, destroying it (#35).
- Other minor fixes.
v1.3.4 (June 11, 2016)
- Automatic timeline updates will avoid interrupting the user.
- Different snippet limits for regular and highlighted activities.
- Snippets set to 'Always' by default.
- More detailed new post notifications.
- Clicking "Comment" in posts will show an option to check for comments,
if the post doesn't have (or show) any comments yet.
- Filtering (searching) contact lists will show the number of matches.
- Items in the list of configured filtering rules can be sorted manually,
- Fixed a possible crash when pasting a URL which points to an image.
- Updated a few links to Pump.io sites.
- Minor visual fixes and other improvements.
v1.3.3 (March 21, 2016)
- When trying to follow a contact, the user ID is verified.
- The image viewer gained basic zoom capabilities.
- Timelines show thumbnails of embedded images, full size in the viewer.
- When pasting text in a post or comment, proper links will be made from URLs,
even when the pasted text is rich format.
- Links created from the Format menu are verified to have a proper scheme.
- Post publisher area can grow bigger.
- Configurable avatar sizes in comments and minor feeds.
- Better error handling when timelines fail to load.
- Added AppData (AppStream) file.
- Fixed some size issues in comments.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
v1.3.2 (October 31, 2015)
- Added a D-Bus interface, to control the program from other programs,
such as scripts, using tools like qdbus or dbus-send.
- Option to list the newest users from your own Pump server, located
under Neighbors, inside the Contacts tab.
- Welcome wizard, to guide new users.
- New privacy option: private likes.
Liking posts or comments will only inform the author.
- Support for non-https servers, using the --nohttps command line parameter.
- Hebrew translation, by GreenLunar.
- Improved localization support, and fixed some issues with RTL languages.
- JSON-based error messages from the server, which might have Unicode
symbols, are now shown correctly.
- Several minor fixes.
v1.3.1 (August 2, 2015)
- Option to browse posts from a user
(only for users on the same server, for now).
- Option to set or change e-mail address for the account.
- Nick autocompleter now displays user ID, too.
- Proper links are made from URL's found anywhere, when pasting plain text.
- Added a Privacy category in the settings, with a couple of new options
related to following people and managing lists.
- Button to configure account on status bar when account is not configured.
- Option to scroll main timeline to the new stuff line on update.
- Enhanced timeline page selector.
- Progress bar during program startup.
- Option to start application hidden in the system tray.
- Command line option to change the color of links: --linkcolor=color
(useful in GTK environments).
- Other minor fixes.
v1.3.0 (May 1, 2015)
- Enhanced timeline updates and pagination.
Timeline updates are much faster now, require less network traffic, and
don't mark previous posts as read every time a feed is updated.
- Nickname autocompletion in post/comment composers.
Type '@' to get a list of names, then type the first characters.
When creating a note, this will add that contact to the "To" list.
In comments it will just be a simple link.
- Posts opened from the "+" button in the Meanwhile feed will be able to load
comments correctly much more often.
- Added a button to cancel an attachment in the publisher.
- The Favorites timeline will be scheduled for update when liking or unliking
things, so liking several posts in a few minutes will only reload it once.
- Option to hide duplicated posts, that is, posts which were already visible
in the timeline and have been received again due to sharing.
- Added setting to automatically set an initial post title from the file name
of an attachment.
- Option to choose the size of avatars for posts.
- Comment area in posts will use the space more efficiently.
- Option to make shared posts more obvious, with sharer's avatar.
- Option to highlight comments made by the author of a post, and your
own comments, with a subtle hint.
- Optional character counter in the publisher.
- Other new options in the settings dialog. Some were rearranged.
- The Account dialog will be locked when Dianara is already authorized to use
- Some highlighting colors are now enabled by default.
- Time of last timeline update will be shown on the menu bar.
- Attached images which fail to load (usually due to permissions) will show
a clear message.
- A demo notification will be shown when setting the notification style.
- Command line option to ignore SSL errors. Use with care!
- Command line options now have short form alternatives like -c or -d.
- Fixed handling system shutdown; properly close at environment's request.
- Fixed loading of remote images when the URL has parameters, and when the
URL doesn't have a schema.
- Fixed issues with initial width of comments.
- Fixed handling cases when the tray icon is not available.
- Fixed Ctrl+Shift+V, to paste without format, in comments.
- Fixed flickering effect on some timestamps.
- Other small fixes.
v1.2.5 (December 16, 2014)
- Mentions and Actions feeds. Access them via keyboard with Control+1/2/3.
(Keyboard shortcut to reload Meanwhile feed has been changed to F2)
- Made some of the labels expandable; they will show extra information when
- Offer to insert links to image files as embedded images, when pasting.
- Very long post titles will be cut when posting.
- Shared posts now show sharer's information in a wide line at the top.
- Show warning when posting only to Followers, but having none.
- Added new configuration categories, and rearranged some options.
- Added option to show post client information directly.
- Option to insert basic tables in messages.
- Avatar menus now sync their Follow/Unfollow option based on global contact
- Added more fallback icons.
- Added Control+Enter shortcut for the "Done" button when selecting specific
recipients for a message.
- Enhancements in the experimental group support.
- Added a few changes to support GNU Mediagoblin's upcoming Pump.io API.
You'll be able to use Dianara to post to Mediagoblin sites once its 0.8.0
version is out.
- Added links to the Pump.io User Guide.
- Fixed #4: some memory leaks, thanks to a patch by Gregor Herrmann.
- Fixed wrong order in list of likes in posts.
- Fixed extra spaces inserted when creating links in the middle of some
- Other small fixes.
v1.2.4 (October 20, 2014)
- Optional snippets in the Meanwhile feed, with configurable character limit.
- Clicking the button that shows the page number at the bottom of a timeline
(or pressing Control+G) will open a window to jump to any page.
- Menu option to enable/disable timeline auto-updating.
- New status bar icon indicates initialization stage and state of auto-updates.
Clicking it will also toggle the state of auto-updates.
- Tray icon shows how many of the new messages are also highlighted.
- Names of recipients are shown as links in the Publisher, so hovering over
them will show their addresses in the status bar.
- More logging, specifically during initial client registration and
the authorization token process.
- Settings dialog switched from tabs to stacked view, to have more categories
in the future.
- Added a TRANSLATING file, with instructions for new translators.
- Fixed quoting texts containing "<" and ">".
- Fixed long shutdown time.
- Lots of other small visual changes and fixes.
v1.2.3 (September 6, 2014)
- Configurable fonts.
- Ability to open the parent post for posts in the timelines, if they were
replies to something, such as a shared comment appearing in the timeline.
- Option to send a message to a contact directly from the avatar menu
and from the contact list.
- Show your user ID in popup notifications. Useful if you run more than one
instance of Dianara for different accounts.
- Show total number of items in timelines, in the tooltips of their tabs,
and the total number of pages with the current page number, at the bottom.
- Show how many Meanwhile items are highlighted, among those that are new.
- Some settings in Configure dialog have been rearranged.
- Filter comparison for "Activity description" removes links from it,
allowing for simpler rules.
- More details about post location, in the tooltip of the location name.
- Fixed Meanwhile feed growing very wide sometimes.
- Fixed Edit button not working on posts opened in separate window.
- Other bug fixes and minor changes.
v1.2.2 (July 31, 2014)
- Proxy configuration support. Password is not stored securely, so you can
leave it empty and be prompted for it on startup, if you wish.
- Animated images are now animated when viewed in the separate image viewer.
- Filters are now case insensitive, ie. "openfarmgame" matches "OpenFarmGame".
- Added a delay before reloading all comments after posting a reply.
- Enhanced initialization, so Dianara will keep on trying to get all initial
data (your profile, etc) if it fails initially.
- Basic Help window.
- Configurable "unread post" color.
- Show To/CC info in the timestamp tooltip of minor feed activities.
- The Normalize Text Colors option in posts works in most cases now.
- Link color is no longer specified, so other contacts will see links
in the color configured by them.
- New way to show attachments, including attached images.
- Better filename suggestions when saving attachments.
- Option to create bullet lists in the Format menu.
- More symbols in the Format > Symbols menu.
- Ask for confirmation when quitting Dianara if a post is being composed.
- Pressing Enter in title field jumps to message body. Likewise, pressing
the Up Arrow at the start of the message jumps to the title field.
- Better notification of authentication-related errors.
- Added some more fallback icons, for environments without (good) iconsets.
- Updated Italian translation, by Metal Biker.
- Partial updates to Polish translation by Derping Muffins and CyberKiller,
and German translation by Emvigo.
- Other small fixes.
v1.2.1 (May 22, 2014)
- Upload of other media types (audio, video, misc files).
Keep in mind that most people won't be able to see these at the moment!
(Related Pump.io issue: https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/1014)
- Nicer download of media attachments.
- New --config parameter, to use a different configuration on startup.
Using this, you can run 2 or 3 instances of Dianara for different accounts.
- System tray icon can be configured to show your avatar, or a custom image.
- Added an optional toolbar.
- Added some widgets to the status bar.
- Avatar button gets highlighted when hovering, to make it more obvious.
- New messages are highlighted with a gradient on the right side.
- Added partial German translation, by Emvigo.
- Some minor fixes.
v1.2.0 (April 16, 2014)
- Comments can be edited.
- Ability to search the contact list by partial name or address.
- Filters have been extended to be used in the timelines too, and can also
be set to *highlight* posts, in addition to hiding them.
- Fixed very wide comments.
- Nicer avatars-buttons with options are used everywhere now.
- Meanwhile items such as "someone followed someone else", also have an
avatar-button for that person, with the usual options.
- 'Meanwhile' item highlighting uses different, customizable colors. These
are also used in the Timeline posts, where appropriate.
- Configurable notifications.
- More information in Meanwhile tooltips.
- Fuzzy timestamps, like "3 minutes ago" are updated every minute.
- Log window.
- Post of type 'audio', 'video' and 'file' are shown in a basic manner.
Video/Audio upload mostly works but has been disabled for this release.
- More keyboard control for timelines (Ctrl+Up/Down/PgUp/PgDown/Home/End).
- Quoting partial comments (selected text) now works, though it has issues.
- Info about a hovered URL in posts and comments is now shown in the status bar.
- New contacts are added to the lists without the need to fully reload them
after following or unfollowing someone.
- Several enhancements in the Image Viewer.
- Added some fallback icons, to be used when the system iconset doesn't have
an appropriate icon.
- Disable some menus and widgets until Dianara is authorized to use an account.
- New libmagic dependency.
- Lots of other fixes and improvements.
v1.1 (January 11, 2014)
- The Meanwhile feed now highlights activities related to you.
There is a counter for new activities, which are also darker until clicked.
- Button to open related posts from the Meanwhile feed.
(Has issues, see pump.io issue https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/873)
- Ability to manage members of person lists.
- Filters to block activities in the Meanwhile feed containing certain words,
from certain users, or from certain applications (like OFG).
- Button to get more (older) items in the Meanwhile feed.
- The contact list gets all contacts now (previously limited to 200).
- Own posts are no longer counted as new.
- Some keyboard shortcuts have been hardcoded, so they should work under
bare WMs, like OpenBox. Some new shortcuts have been added.
- Better publisher layout. The option to select different publisher layouts
has been removed.
- Moved "Formatting" button out of the composer.
- Different posts-per-page configurations for the main timeline and the rest.
- Option to mark everything as read.
- Show post's location, if there is one.
- Account configuration will show automatically on the first run of the program.
- The interface should be more responsive now while updating timelines.
- Option to normalize post text colors temporarily.
- Some data is stored differently now, so a few things will reset on first use.
- Lots of other small fixes and enhancements.
v1.0 (October 29, 2013)
- Post editing.
- Ability to create person lists, delete them, and post to specific lists.
- Better posts resizing (no more splitters).
- Optimize image sizes inside posts and comments.
- Avatar upload in profile editor.
- Author's avatar in posts is a button with several options.
- Show if a post has been updated, and when.
- Show "To" and "CC" recipients in posts as links.
- Option to paste without formatting (as plain text).
- Make proper links automatically when pasting a link-like text.
- Option to quote comments.
Selecting text in a post before clicking "Comment" also quotes it.
- Regular notes can have titles.
- Account wizard polishing.
- Italian translation, by Metal Biker.
- Some more text formatting options. Selecting "Normal" now clears colors, too.
- Full screen option.
- Partially fixed the ever-increasing memory usage issue.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
v0.9 (August 5, 2013)
- Image uploads with title and description.
- Comment liking and unliking.
- Ability to delete your own comments.
- Show unread messages count in tray icon.
- Contacts exporting.
- New posts are marked as unread until clicked or timeline is updated again.
- Don't clear and hide publisher or commenter until posting is confirmed, so
you don't lose your post in case of network/server error.
- Load images in comments.
- Clearly show if "Public" or "Followers" is currently selected when posting.
- Added a "Symbols" submenu under the "Formatting" menu in the composer.
- Improved "Minor Feed".
- Improved "Picture mode" in Publisher.
- Lowered QJSON requirement to 0.7.x.
- Lots of other minor bugfixes.
v0.8 (July 8, 2013)
- Ability to select people in the "To/CC" fields when posting.
- Option to set "Public" posting as default.
- Better text formatting options.
- Re-enabled HTML formatting when posting comments.
- Profile editor.
- Nicer and more informative "Meanwhile" column (tooltips!).
- Basic "person lists" support.
- Ability to save images from the image viewer (contextual menu).
- Status bar can be hidden.
- Reload each timeline when appropriate.
- Better organization of internal configuration file. This will cause
some options to be reset when upgrading from previous versions.
- New icon.
- Some bugfixes and minor improvements.
v0.7 (June 16, 2013)
- Messages tab, showing posts specifically directed to you.
- Activity tab, listing your own posts.
- Favorites tab, listing the posts you've liked.
- Show recipients of a post, the "To" and "CC" fields.
- New options in formatting menu in the publisher:
"preformatted block" and "insert image from web site".
- Minor feed, a.k.a. "the meanwhile column".
- Show "inserted images", in addition to the image in Picture-type posts.
- Timeline reloads after posting.
- Comments and likes are reloaded when commenting on or liking a post.
- Better information on shared posts, showing the original author
and who shared the post with you.
- Autorefresh will not interrupt while commenting.
- Show where links go when hovering over them.
- Confirmation when canceling a message if there's content in it.
- Accept also https://server/username type of ID when entering an
address to follow, in the contact list.
- Ignore SSL errors, for now.
- More tooltips everywhere!
- Slightly better tray icon control.
- Complete Catalan and Spanish translations.
- Several other small fixes and optimizations.
v0.6 (June 6, 2013)
- Ability to show all comments.
- Show if you've liked a post, and ability to unlike it.
- Show list of people who liked a post, in tooltip.
- Full contact list: 'following' and 'followers'.
- Image uploads.
- Ability to select if a post goes to Public, Followers or both.
- Clicking on posted images shows them in an internal viewer.
- Link to open a post in the web browser.
- Don't interrupt the user with timeline autoupdates
if the timeline has been manually updated or browsed.
- Other bugfixes and minor cleanups.
v0.5 (May 30, 2013)
- Ability to like posts.
- Show comments (only last 4).
- Ability to post comments.
- Ability to reshare posts.
- Ability to delete posts.
- Ability to follow people, by entering their address, and stop following.
- Each user's avatar and name have their profile in the tooltip (on mouse-over).
- Posts timestamp shows precise time and application used, in the tooltip.
- Ability to go back and forward in the timeline.
- Number of posts per page can be configured.
- Main window's left and right panels can be resized.
- Left panel can be hidden.
- Status bar shows time of events (timeline updated, etc).
- Popup notifications when receiving new posts on timeline update.
- Several fixes and tooltips added.
v0.4 - First Pump.io release (May 23, 2013)
- Initial transformation into a pump.io client.
- Basic Dynamic Client Registration.
- Initial OAuth-based authentication support.
- Loading of user's own profile (avatar + real name).
- Loading of newest 20 posts in timeline.
- Text posting capabilities.
- Partial contact listing.
- Aspect list items are links.
- Posts now show uploaded photos too.
- Limit maximum image size.
- Posts are resizable now.
- Plain links (just http://something, without markdown codes) are linkified too.
- Thumbnails for embedded content (like Youtube videos) in posts.
- #NSFW posts are hidden until clicked.
- Fixes for Qt 5 compatibility.
v0.2 - Frankenstein release.
- Posting messages is possible, but *only* in pods using Pistos fork
(which, in turn, don't support loading the timeline).
- Aspect list is received (again, only in Pistos-based pods, for now).
- Contact list is received (also for Pistos-based pods).
- Publisher has a tool menu to add bold, italic, links, etc with Markdown.
- Posts now show fuzzy time, like "about 3 hours ago", and Markdown-inserted images.
- Initial "Messages" structure.
v0.1 - Initial basic release.
- Basic GUI structure in place.
- System Tray icon.
- FreeDesktop.org notifications.
- Some configuration options.
- Fetch your last 15 public posts, show basic info.
- Partial Markdown support: bold, italic, headers, links.