$Id: CHANGES 1557 2008-12-29 18:15:51Z kalt $
Changes since 2.2b1 [2008-10-06]:
- Added pnp4nagios awareness (courtesy of Jeremy Jacquier-Roux).
- Dashboards weren't always sorted.
- Updated logic to prevent Data Source Templates from skipping too many files.
- It wasn't possible to add a numeric DS (reported by Jeremy Jacquier-roux).
- Removed compatibility reporting code.
Changes since 2.2a5 [2008-05-03]:
- Added trend display pages.
- Dashboard style display for templates lacked links.
- Suppressed undefined variable warnings (courtesy of Martin Schuster).
- Replace "missing" graphs with "unknown" icon (courtesy of R.P. Aditya).
- Rcs module now(?) needs more to be untainted (reported by "Matt Perry).
Changes since 2.2a4 [2007-05-30]:
- Various dates displayed now follow the ISO 8601 format.
- Graph start date, end date and creation dates can now be added to the image.
- Data Source Templates have been enhanced:
- Dynamic elements can now be stacked on top of previous graph element not
just on top of themselves (courtesy of Fran�ois Deppierraz),
- Number of elements can be used in dynamic element CDEFs, and Formula field,
- Builtin formulas allow calculating the AVERAGE and STDDEV,
- Old files and files without values are automatically skipped (courtesy of
- Orange look, still ugly though :)
- New Data Source rows are now properly disabled on load.
- Allow &DBFinder() to follow symlinks.
- Switched to /usr/bin/perl (from /usr/local/bin/perl).
Changes since 2.2a3 [2007-03-17]:
- Fixed support for SHIFT graph command.
- Updated RRDs::fetch usage again (courtesy of Andy Mayhew).
- Saving dashboards could generate bad index entries (reported by Fabien
- Added "Invisible" color (suggested by John Rouillard).
- Dashboard style display for templates broke custom time display of templates
(reported by Mark Noworolski).
- Two typos caused forms to use POST instead of GET (courtesy of Fabien Wernli).
- The graph editor no longer allowed stacking CDEFs or VDEFs (reported by John
Changes since 2.2a2 [2007-01-14]:
- Improved default color assignment (courtesy of David Nolan).
- Allow configuring a custom set of colors (courtesy of David Nolan).
- Updated RRDs::fetch usage for newer RRDtool versions (courtesy of John Milton)
Changes since 2.2a1 [2006-07-20]:
- Added a dashboard style display for templates (with multiple selections).
- New "Format" parameter can be used in graph URL to override saved setting.
- PDF and SVG formats are now properly embedded in HTML.
- Added warning and check to avoid obscure error caused by misconfiguration.
- Added notice about CGI.pm incompatibility.
Changes since 2.1.3 [2005-06-19]:
- Various improvements for the graph editor:
+ Extensive code rewrite/cleanup.
+ Added simple HTML tooltips to provide (some) contextual help.
+ Clarified creation of new Data Sources.
- rrdtool 1.2.x support:
+ Three new image formats: SVG, EPS and PDF.
+ GIF is no longer supported, automatically switch to PNG.
+ Removed support for deprecated --overlay parameter.
+ Added support for --no-gridfit.
+ Added support for new VDEF, TICK and SHIFT graph commands.
+ Deprecated use of HRULE, STACK and old style GPRINT graph command.
Changes since 2.1 [2004-10-14]:
- Fixed misleading typo in drraw.conf (courtesy of Rodney Beede).
- Disable fields for new (marked for deletion) DS in editor.
- Fixed yet another File::Find (although unlikely) taint problem.
- GPRINTs were not handled correctly for CDEFs (courtesy of Jim Pirzyk).
- Fixed "None" choice for "Y Grid" graph option (courtesy of Darryl Dunkin).
- Fixed CGI parameter collision (courtesy of John Milton).
- Disabled generation of hidden .submit and .cgifields.
- Added $drefresh configuration setting.
- Win32's inability to rename opened files broke caching (reported by Patrick
- The cache was unlikely to ever be thoroughly purged, fixed logic.
- Addition of $ERRLOG configuration setting.
- Fixed relaying of cached images for portability (reported by Patrick Varney).
- More error checking (and logging) about some cache operations.
- Fixed regular expression used for finding files in %datadirs (reported
by John Milton).
Changes since 2.0 [2004-06-24]:
- Authentication code improvements (courtesy of David Nolan).
NOTE: The $level and %guests configuration setting are now obsolete;
NOTE: Use %users instead.
- warn() when unable to load Rcs.pm (courtesy of David Nolan).
- Non standard views now include start and end dates.
- Fixed spurious cloning when subsequently saving the same item in editor.
- Use stricter regular expression when finding files in %datadirs.
- Fixed handling of DashBoard filtering.
- Minor HTML changes for Mozilla.
- Added $IndexMax configuration setting.
- Added "missing" Update button after Start/End fields in Graph/Template editor.
- Added refresh countdown on display pages.
- Main page Graph/Template/Dashboard browser is now customizable.
- Event timestamp format now depends on how long ago the first event occured.
- Added time to pages with graphs.
- Dashboard pages now have a dynamic refresh time.
Changes since 2.0b3 [2004-04-27]:
- Quieted harmless Perl warning related to cache purging.
- Fixed typo resulting in occasional deletion of cache files being generated.
Changes since 2.0b2 [2004-04-15]:
- ':' characters in all labels are now escaped prior to calling RRDs::graph().
NOTE: This will break graph definitions where ':' were manually escaped.
- Fixed ':' characters escaping for events prior to calling RRDs::graph().
- BR setting was ignored for events (courtesy of Jesper Dangaard Brouer).
- Fixed labeled event filtering.
Changes since 2.0b1 [2004-04-09]:
- Fixed "Graph Title" validation for templates.
- &DBFinder's die message was fairly useless, who knew it'd ever show up.
- Successful drraw reporting needn't be logged.
Changes since 1.2 [2004-01-05]:
- Templates are now required to have a "Graph Title".
- Dashboards may now be filtered.
- Quieted harmless (but annoying) Perl warning related to template edition.
- Handle HTTP 'If-Modified-Since' headers.
- Don't bother specifying events outside time boundaries when producing graphs.
- Fixed File::Find Win32 taint problem (reported by Ben Swaby).
- Produced images are now cached.
- HTTP 'Expires' and 'Last-Modified' headers are now generated.
- Allow customizing remote username determination (suggested by David Nolan).
- Added $header and $footer configuration settings (courtesy of David Nolan).
- Fixed minor locking bug.
- Improved timeout error message.
- Added simple logging of saves and deletes.
- Minor style (CSS) changes.
- Added "rrdtool info" hook.
- Saved definitions may now be kept under revision control (using RCS).
- Fixed templates to work with multiple %datadirs directories.
- Base choices are now scrolling list in "empty" template and dashboard viewers.
- Base parameters may contain spaces and therefore need to be quoted.
- Not all generated pages had style (reported by Craig Van Rij).
- Dashboard "base" was lost by Start/End entries (reported by Steffen Plotner).
Changes since 1.1 [2003-11-10]:
- Dashboard template choices should be sorted (reported by Steffen Plotner).
- Only do work in &TMPLFind() if a filter is actually given.
- Quieted harmless Perl warning (reported by Edgar Whipple).
- self_url() URLs aren't usable through proxies (reported by Abfalterer Roland).
- Fixed logic checking whether &mydatafnsort() is defined.
- RRDs::fetch result check needs to be stricter (reported by Jon A. Tankersley).
Changes since 1.0 [2003-10-31]:
- Use NUL: instead of /dev/null on Windows (reported by Moore Macauley).
- ':' characters need to be escaped from filenames (reported by Moore Macauley).
- It is now possible to pass any (even unsupported by drraw) option to rrdgraph.
- Added support for rrdgraph's --units-exponent (courtesy of John P. Rouillard).
- Added $title and $gformat configuration settings (courtesy of Edgar Whipple).
- Labels are now automatically padded.
Changes since 0.11b [2003-09-16]:
- Added a default overlay.
- Pages that are refreshed must be GET'd, fixed couple typos related to this.
Changes since 0.10b [2003-07-25]:
- Added default icons to the distribution.
- Suppressed spurious warnings related to $overlay (reported by Edgar Whipple).
- Fixed handling of "Formula" DS Templates graph.
- STACKing of DS Templates is now properly configurable.
- Cleaned up use of styles.
- Help links now have a (non blank) "target".
- Improved documentation of dashboard configuration options.
- Fixed handling of grouped dashboards when using default "Row Name".
- Finally (briefly) documented DS Templates.
- DS Configuration drop down lists are now optional to avoid massive forms
(reported by Didier Colin).
Changes since 0.8b [2003-07-15]:
- Minor documentation updates.
- Improved handling of stale references when editing dashboards.
- Fixed refresh of custom views.
- Miscellaneous minor code cleanups.
- Added timezone to configuration (suggested by Edgar Whipple).
- Moved icon and style definitions to configuration file.
- Fixed view links on dashboard template pages (reported by Taylor Steil).
Changes since 0.7a [2003-03-12]:
- Code allowing old template definitions to work has been removed.
NOTE: Yes, this means that backward compatibility is no longer supported!
- Added link to drraw compatibility report page.
- Moved option configuration to a separate file.
- Fixed handling of template based graph cloning.
- Fixed dashboard index corruption.
- Improved online help (somewhat).
Changes since 0.6a [2003-03-10]:
- Added RRDtool error reporting.
- Enhanced auto-generation of graph DS.
- $ can be used as an alias for the DS variable in associated CDEF strings.
- Check if overlay files exists before passing to RRDtool.
- Fixed CDEFs which were broken.
Changes since 0.5a [2003-02-17]:
- Graph DS may now be generated on the fly, along with associated CDEF.
- Added graph type ("Nothing") to simplify defining a DS without plotting it.
- Graph/Template editor now allows changing DS files for events as well.
- New more flexible template syntax supports perl-like string substitutions.
NOTE: Old definitions should still work (but expect support for these to be
> removed before 1.0 release) but will be shown as erroneous (e.g. in
> red) in the edition page.
- Added $dsfilter_def configuration setting (suggested by Kim Taylor).
- RRD and DB file lists may now be filtered.
- %rranames is now used in editing pages.
- Sorting of RRD/EVT filenames is now configurable (suggested by Kim Taylor).
Changes since 0.4a [2002-12-28]:
- Graph/Template editor now allows changing a DS file.
- Added validation checks for $tmp_dir and $saved_dir configuration settings.
- Cache refresh timer is now configurable ($crefresh configuration setting).
- Template file generation slightly enhanced (** in addition to *).
- Added support for "event files" allowing easy generation of VRULE elements.
- Enhanced dashboards to allow for "dashboard templates".
- Optionally limit how long a CGI may run ($maxtime configuration setting).
- Fixed error reporting to only output HTML code when producing an HTML page.
- Various changes to the UI to improve user experience/friendliness.
- Added "/bin" to the PATH for File::Find (reported by Bill Bradley).
Changes since 0.3a [2002-11-19]:
- Updated code to run with taint mode enabled.
- Added support for user authentication.
- Fixed edition bug for graphs cloned from a template.
- Implemented basic dashboards.
- STDOUT needs to be unbuffered (reported by Daniel Dulac).
- Added a quick way to switch between targets when viewing a template.
Changes since 0.2a [2002-11-11]:
- Added basic inline help.
- Added 'Start' and 'End' textboxes to the graph editor page.
- Added 'Start' and 'End' textboxes to the multi-view page.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
Changes since 0.1a [2002-11-03]:
- Fixed "Make Template" which was broken.
- Templating now ignores CDEFs.