- New release with several improvements and two bugs solved,
as well as a potential buffer overrun.
- Changed the mailbox directory reference to /var/mail in
compliance with FHS 2.3 option in Chapter 5.
- Solved segfault when arguments of --wait are not completely
specified by making some verifications to the command line
arguments in a separate readArgs function.
- Solved segfault when no mailbox is found for user, caused by
fclose'ing a non-existent descriptor, by moving fclose to an
inner control structure.
- Changed %mail% usage so now it will be substituted only by
the number of mails, allowing the user to i18n the mail message,
by modifying the sprintf involved and changed the sample
configuration file provided accordingly.
- Moved mail counting to a separate function so now it will be
called if it's really needed in the conffile (the function is
called countMail and it's designed to be improved in the future
maybe using system calls to other programs like countmail)
- Both %debian_version% and %host% data extraction routines are called
only if the string appears in the configuration file. In the future
all the other functions will be designed this way.
- Switched to strgsub in order to avoid possible buffer overruns, by
means of providing a maximum substituted string size equal to 1024,
which is the getlined size of the buffer from the stream.
- Switched to snprintf with a 1024 character limit.
- Defined all the maximum buffer lengths as constants at the
beggining of the file.
-- Jose Parrella <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:14:27 -0400