FBB BBS SOFTWARE IS TEN YEARS OLD!!!
THE VERSION C64 SHOULD BE DISTRIBUTED AS AN "EVALUATION VERSION 7.00"
Unfortunately, the doc is not ready for this version but I think that it is
not a too big problem for an evaluation version. I prepare the distribution
diskette and will give a copy first to the beta test sites to be sure that the
automatic installation works ok, and that the code inside is the right one.
- Problems with CR orCR/LF in export and log. Corrected.
- TimeOut did not work 100%. Corrected.
- GPF in review if list was empty. Corrected.
- Disks like D:\ were not accepted in FbbDOS. Corrected.
- Command NEW in FbbDOS did not give the prompt if no file. Corrected.
- F8 was programmed as F9. Should give the focus to the main window. Corrected.
- Any command beginning by T was accepted. Corrected.
- Send message in console could destoy the contents of the editor. If the
editor is busy, normal line editing is used.
- Read was always verbose when reviewing messages. Corrected.
- Command W in FORWARD.SYS allows to skip one or more prompts (default one)
before starting a forward session (mainly used when "Linked to ..." gives
more than one prompt)
- EPURMESS.COM did not limit the number of lines returned to sender in any
- The generation of WP messages has been rewritten to correct the problem
found on many BBS (but unfortunately not on mine!!!).
- Histograms did not work without callsign in statistics. Corrected.
- WFBB crashes if the MESS.WP file has a size of 0. Corrected.
- Command SYS did not work for callsigns defined in PASSWD.SYS. Corrected.
- F7=Programmation of the TNC is now implemented in DED mode.
- Only Sysops allowed to review will receive the "Nb of held" message.
- PK232 host mode introduced again.
- Variable %C gives the number of times a message has been read.
- DLL buffer for PG programs is increased to 32K
- INSTWFBB : PMS option added in the first connection mask
- INSTWFBB : PK232 option in the supported protocols
- GPF if using socket from gateway. Corrected.
- The default 3 strings for NetRom/TheNet are now: CONNECTED FAILURE BUSY
- TELNET interface has been improved. Do not forget to put address 17 in
PORT.SYS for TELNET (means socket port 23 in decimal)
- File FBB\SYSTEM\LANG\TELNET.ENT may held the banner for the telnet access.
- The format of the window has changed. You must delete the line "position"
in the part "main" of the file WINDOWS\WINFBB.INI before running the new
- Edit-User and Edit-Msg are no longer closed with the OK button.
- Telnet interface is working as modem interface except that password is
- Debug informations for VE4KV's modem GPFs (debug info in DEBUG.BUG file).
- Servers can be made as DLL provided they are fast enough (no multitasking
during a DLL activity).
- Task was not run in background if more than one application in CRON.SYS.
- Swapping was not done after a local re-routing. Corrected.
- Selection of zone in the channel windows. Accept copy (=Ctrl Ins) to
clipboard and print. Menu is activated with the right button of the mouse
inside the text window.
- ListBox of connections has been fully rewritten to be more efficient.
A menu is available in the list with the right button of the mouse.
- PG called in a non-registered access gave a 23MB inf.sys. Corrected.
- L command in review did not unvalidate forwarding after reboot. Corrected.
- Command HO puts a message in the hold list.
- selection of a word (left double click) or a list of characters (Ctrl left
- INIT.SRV was not scanned after a modification from "main parameters" window.
- Protocoles TFPCX and DRSI added in the configuration.
- HO command did not delete held message. Corrected.
- some optimisations and minor modifications...
- Import/Export display in options menu.
- Filter and substring in "last connections" window.
- Hang if the MESS.WP file is exactly 5000 bytes long. Corrected.
- in PORT.SYS, interface 9 (linux) has been added. LINUX can work via
a serial port (letter D for DED) or via AX25 domain socket (letter X).
- Problems with affectation of ports and channels in BPQ driver.
Should be corrected.
- Problem with the colors in the DOS version. Corrected.
- S line (choices of forward) now checks default as a last choice.
Up to four previous choices ar checked as declared before. Warning,
these tests are case independent.
- This was maybe undocumented : value after "use compressed forwarding"
give the options between compressed protocoles:
1 = FBB compressed forwarding
2 = XFWD compressed forwarding
"OK 3" allow both FBB and XFWD.
- MODEM.ENT was sent without line feed at the first connection. Corrected.
- Command "?" gave a segmentation violation on the Linux version. Corrected.
- One more color bug corrected !
- variable %E give the version code (Linux, Dos, Windows).
- debug.bug traces the current channels if "no more channel available"
- "Last connections" window was not created in Windows version. Corrected.
- hold counter was not initialized in dos version. Corrected.
- Dialog window asks for import BBS in Windows and Linux versions.
- Reject was not always done when importing files.
- Built-in editor validated (Linux version).
- Texts of menues corrected (Windows version).
- Connections were not recorded in the LOG. Corrected.
- PMS connections asked for FBB protocole. I have made a change,
but did not test it.
- management of C_FILTER has changed. Will be always called if it exists.
- Edit forward window (in edit message) now available in Linux version.
- Filter on callsigns (in last connections) now available in Linux version.
- ReadOnly access if there is no password defined (modem/telnet)
- Connect line is case dependant.
- Binary transfer implemented for telnet (with this version and up)
- Some bug fixes in the Windows telnet interface.
- Help was sometime crashing in linux version. Fixed.
- New xfbbd version : xfbb daemon for linux.
- Flag F (PMS Forwarding) added in EU command.
- TH list sometime gave wrong numbers. Corrected.
- Linux. Connection bip was disabling the X11 bell. Corrected.
- ReadOnly mode was not 100%ok in xfbb. Corrected.
- No CrLf when first connecting xfbb on telnet. Corrected.
- Labels management of FBBDOS have been rewritten. Path is no longer
absolute but relative to the FBBDOS disks defined in INIT.SRV. TLABEL.COM
program is no longer required. The format of the file is changed from
YAPPLBL.SYS to YAPPLBL.DAT using MODLABEL.EXE program. Labels are compatible
with DOS, Windows and LINUX version.
- Linux version : YI and YW command gave 0 bytes free. Corrected.
- Possible corruption of INF.SYS in Linux version under Telnet. A change has
- Get a Crc error when re-starting a FBB compressed forwarding session (XFBB).
- Error in the "From" field when receiving mail from RLIBBS in XFWD mode.
- PortName in LINUX was often wrong. Corrected
- Epurmess did not count empty lines of INIT.SRV (Linux). Corrected.
- = <call> allowed to send data even if the remote station was busy. Corrected.
- Checksum of AUTOBIN was wrong under LINUX. Corrected.
- WHERE and DU did not work on LINUX partitions. Corrected.
- Channel names could not start whith a digit in PORT.SYS. Should be corrected.
- SIGSEGV was caught in LINUX version. Corrected.
- VIEW command of LINUX version calls fbb_view program. (or any program
defined by the variable $FBB_VIEW). fbb_view may be a shell script.
- Telnet time-out is increased to 2mn (LINUX)
- /A command stops the BBS and exit with value 4
- List of flags of the [FBB forwarding line] (INIT.SRV)
1 : A space is mandatory before the @ in a send message command
2 : The length of the fields of a hierarchical address is not
tested to be 6 characters
4 : The header line of a message is not truncated to the space before
the 79th character
8 : Header MBL/RLI
16 : If there is no BBS field, the callsign of the BBS is sent to the PMS
32 : Deletes the DATA messages sent to SYSOP
64 : Don't use the BID recovered from headers and use a new one
128: Accepts forwarding only from pre-declared BBS
256: WP Messages are not held.
512: XForwarding protocole has priority on FBB protocole.
1024: Generation of an alternate BID like F6FBB-12345 (for dual BBS site)
2048: Checksum unvalidated on XFwd.
4096: Test of callsign is more simple.
- DosFBB has a problem with the call and F10 command. Corrected.
- WIN - /A gives a GPF. Corrected.
- DOS - Optimisations in Mini-Editor. Was crashing while loading
a large file. Corrected.
- DOS - ZModem transfer initialisation was wrong. Corrected.
- DOS - Commande DOS without argument crashes. Corrected.
- DOS - Some characters were lost in modem. Corrected.
- ALL - If port.sys does not exist, FBB looks for port_d.sys (dos),
port_w.sys (windows) or port_l.sys (linux).
This allows to have the same tree for all versions.
- LIN - Pacsat server : Some packets were lost. Corrected.
- WIN - NO LineFeed in the modem driver. Corrected.
- ALL - MD2 password available for SYS command.
- LIN - Problem with LF and CRLF in messages. 1st correction.
- LIN - Segmentation violation on retry count exceeded. Corrected?
- DOS - WINDOWS DLL (C_FILTER, M_FILTER, F_FILTER) Implementation.
DLL must in the path of DOS (FBB\BIN).
- MD2 C_FILTER.DLL available for DOS and WIN
MD2 C_FILTER available for LINUX.
- Password did not work for SYS command. Corrected.
- Mail import was getting all system processing. Corrected.
- DOS - AF5 and Esc closed the BBS. Corrected.
- DOS - DLL of KE0W0 was not running. Disabling local interrupts during
- WIN - Change in maintenance to avoid some crashes. (1st try).
_ WIN - Corrections of multiple GPF
- ALL - xfwd had problems when forwarding RLIBBS. Fixed.
- ALL - Crashed when THEMES.SYS was empty. Corrected.
Version 700b distributed
- DOS - Crashed when device not ready. Fixed
- DOS - CR/CR/LF sequence when exporting mail to disk. Fixed.
- ALL - Crashed in REDIST server fixed.
- DOS - TFPCX interface crashing at boot. Fixed.
- DOS - Added TFPCX interrupt level in INIT.SRV:
# DRSI and TFPC interrupt (Hexadecimal, default FF and FE)
# BBS-UP program (default empty)
- DOS - Fwd line : Tried some modifications to fix the UPCASE callsign.
- ALL - Added lock files when importing and exporting mail (same filename,
extension added or replaced = "lck")
- W32 - TfWin32.DLL interface validated.
- ALL - Hierarchy is now managed in SWAPP.SYS
- DOS - Resync counter did not work. Corrected.
- WIN - File/Maintenance always gave the "STOP" icon. Corrected.
- ALL - NEW now works in console.
- ALL - UNKNOWN ROUTE and 10 times "routed to" message corrected.
- ALL - Variables were interpreted when xfwd sends the list of BID. Corrected.
- ALL - Lock files deleted (if possible) if older than 1 hour.
- ALL - Alternate callsign of PORT.SYS was not working. Corrected.
- ALL - Title of message sometime greater than 60 characters. Corrected.
- LIN - SP and others did not work from xfbbC. Corrected.
- WIN - WP list of BBS was limited to 40 chars in instwfbb. Increased to 79.
- ALL - S Line in forward.sys is case dependant.
- DOS - I Fxxx was crashing in Nomenclature. Corrected.
- ALL - DF command added to list all PMS users.
- DOS - /R was crashing. Corrected.
- ALL - HomeBBS of a reviewed message was wrong in WP. Corrected.
- WIN - No LF in modem after a forwarding session. Corrected.
- WIN - GPF with BPQ in gateway in command mode. Corrected.
- ALL - Conference allowed calling to TCP interface. Corrected.
- ALL - Channel number was 1 more in log. Corrected.
- ALL - Added the date correction for > 1999
- ALL - WP was update with local BBS at first connection. Corrected.
- WIN - Garbage characters in SERVERnn.IN. Corrected.
- ALL - Unproto were sent duplicated if more than one "!" line in BEACONn.SYS
- ALL - Message counter went negative when using "edit message". Corrected.
- ALL - Implementation of "exit 5" for PG : Level is not incremented.
- ALL - Number of held messages is re-calculated after CRON and PG
- WIN - WFBB crashed when opening a non-existing file in editor. Corrected.
- ALL - Channel number in conference was wrong. Corrected.
Version 700c distributed
- ALL - JK gives a wrong channel number. Corrected.
- WIN - Socket access : "." before the callsign removes pre-processing and
post-processing (transparent mode).
Version 700d distributed
- ALL - Sharing violation when importing a file. Corrected.
- WIN - Socket interface rewritten
- ALL - FB command was only printing P messages. Corrected.
- W32 - Avail memory gave a wrong value. Corrected.
- ALL - D (bin) status of 7+ mail was lost when "RE". Corrected.
- ALL - Problems with review command. Debugging version.
- LIN - Del User crashed in xfbb. Corrected.
- LIN - TCPIP interface did not re-run without a pause. Corrected.
- W32 - PG dir has now changed to PG32
- ALL - Copied messages keep the original sender, So SR is now possible
on copy (like SYSOP messages).
- ALL - Review bug corrected! Thanks to F1HCI for help...
- W32 - Lock timeout was not 1 hour. Corrected.
- WIN - Language was not ok after sending a message. Corrected.
Version 700e distributed
- ALL - Disk size could be negative in big disks (>2GB). Corrected.
- ALL - PASSWD.SYS now accepts comment lines
- ALL - Global password did not work using MD2. Corrected.
- ALL - Only CP SYSOP originator is changed, not the SC command.
- ALL - When replying to a CP SYSOP message, title is changed back to original.
- ALL - Variable %e added. Date of the compilation (english only).
- ALL - Time of connection was wrong in talk command. Corrected.
- WIN - List of connections was not refresh at end of talk. Corrected.
- ALL - Crash if "XFWD" validated and "FBB forwarding" not. Corrected.
- ALL - Added commands for WP:
IN substring -> Gives WP records including "substring" in Name
IQ substring -> Gives WP records including "substring" in Qth
- WIN - First watchdog implementation. Sends characters 0 and 1 each second
to the port specified in INIT.SRV. This port must be free:
# Test mode / Watchdog (1->9 = COM1->COM9, 81->84 = LPT1->LPT4)
- ALL - Support of the SCS/PCT-II pactor TNC
TNC is in Extended/WA8DED emulation with a "H" character in port.sys:
#TNC NbCh Com MultCh Pacln Maxfr NbFwd MxBloc M/P-Fwd Mode Freq
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00/01 ---- File-fwd.
1 1 1 0 250 4 1 10 30/60 HU Pactor
2 8 1 1 250 4 1 10 30/60 HUWY 1st Packet
3 8 1 2 250 4 1 10 30/60 HUWY 2nd Packet
- WIN32/LIN - Message was recompressed at each forward. Corrected.
- ALL - Added cron_d, cron_w, cron_l.sys taken in priority for DOS, WINDOWS
or LINUX system. If this one doesn't exist, cron.sys is taken instead.
- LIN - Wrong callsigns were recorded in INF.SYS in telnet mode. Corrected.
- ALL - Added the PTC-II remote control from forward file.
- ALL - Added the fequency-status information before connection
- ALL - Added the PTCTRX built-in program to pilot the transceiver from PTC-II
The parameters are the same that the TRX command of the PTC-II
Example: " X PTCTRX SCAN 1 " will start scanning from forward file.
- ALL - Changed BUSY to DISCONNECT when a frequency is busy.
Allows multi-choices from the FORWARD.SYS file.
- ALL - More debugging of pactor mode
- WIN - Added the "Immediate disconnection" command.
- WIN - Some more debugging in PACTOR interface
- WIN - L !TRX command was crashing when out of block. Corrected.
- WIN - Packet ports of the PTC-II implemented.
- WIN - Update of InstWfbb for PTC-II protocole
- WIN - Connection was still sent if aborting during wait phase. Corrected.
- WIN - MAINT file did not work with PTC-II. Corrected.
- WIN - PTCTRX was not run from CRON.SYS. Corrected.
- WIN - Display of long path callsign was wrong. Corrected.
- ALL - Compilation of the f11 version on all architectures.
- WIN - Added a scanning control command.
- ALL - Forced disconnection if not disconnected after 10 sec.
- ALL - New variable %k = Nb of KB to forward to the connected station
%l = Nb of msg to forward to the connected station
- ALL - Flag R (Read-Only) in port.sys available for any port.
- ALL - Added a "IF G hour" test in GMT time for FORWARD.SYS and CRON.SYS
- WIN - Retry field in main window increased to 3 digits
- WIN - ChangeOver button for pactor mode
- ALL - More debugging
- WIN32 - Size of NTFS disk was wrong. Corrected.
f17 - f18
- ALL - More debugging
- Command line starting with a ";" is ignored
- Speed information in the footer when sending in pactor mode
- PTC-II is fully reset to work in binary mode. Think that all parameters
will be erased in the TNC.
- New alternate files :
INIT.SRV -> INIT_x.SRV
FORWARD.SYS -> FORW_x.SYS
PROTECT.SYS -> PROT_x.SYS
- New command line in CRON_x.SYS :
M port U : Port nb is changed to USER mode
M port B : Port nb is changed to BBS mode
M port G : Port nb is changed to GUEST mode
Version 700f distributed
- WIN - INIT.SRV is not found when reloaded from Config->MainParameters
- ALL - PACTOR - Added F command in gateway for frequency selection.
Added the gateway.sys file to configure the frequencies. This file
accepts the following commands:
IF / ELSE / ENDIF (for port and time)
BEGIN : commands sent when entering the port of the gateway
END : commands sent when leaving the port of the gateway
FREQ : Affectation of a frequency / TNC command
- ALL - Gateway was crashing when all channels are busy. Corrected.
- ALL - ChangeOver was not sent from the gateway. Corrected.
- ALL - Added Minute/Period option in the "P" command line in CRON_x.SYS:
M port U 10/20 : Port nb is changed to USER mode and min/per to 10/20
- ALL - CRON file accept the litteral port definitions of PORT.SYS.
Example: M PACTOR U 10/20
- ALL - The callsign of the pactor channel was lost in the gateway. Corrected.
- ALL - Implementation of the CQ command of the gateway for pactor.
- ALL - Bug in the gateway made it crashing when no port was selected.
- LIN - xfbbC and client interface of xfbbd fully rewritten.
- LIN - maintinf has been compiled
- LIN - Added monitoring options in xfbbC
- LIN - Added MD2 authentication in xfbbC
- ALL - Default password allowed in MD2 authentication.
- LIN - Added new services for xfbbd client (xfbbC).
Source code and makefile of xfbbC supplied.
- LIN - Evolutions of the PTC-II hostmode
- WIN - Added the Flex95 support in WinFBB32
- WIN32 - New FBBIOS32.DLL for WIN32 modem interface
- WIN32 - Console callsign did not work in Flex mode - Done.
- ALL - Security problem with files owner under FBBDOS corrected.
- LIN - Added the TCP address and port for telnet access in port.sys.
#Com Interface Adresse(Hex) Vitesse/Tcp-Port
8 9 184.108.40.206 1022
- LIN - External set of commands added (or replacing) the default set.
These commands are defined in system/commands.sys.
# commands.sys file
# format: fbb_command external_command parameters...
TX cat /etc/ax25/axports
- LIN - Daemon version now allows the T (talk) command. Must be answered
with either xfbbC or xfbbX. New versions of xfbbC et xfbbX.
- LIN - Filenames in F_FILTER file are now in UNIX format.
- LIN - Source code of the daemon version is released
- LIN - Compilation with libc6 ok (RedHat 5.1)
- ALL - Spurious empty lines - corrected (PA3FWM).
- ALL - Redist to field too short - corrected (OH2KKU)
- LIN - Sources compatible with 2.2 (SuSE 6.0 / 2.2.4)
============== release 7.01 for 2.2 kernels ====================================
added support for the new libax25 with glibc 2.x
X11 applications can compile with motif2.0 and lesstif 0.88 (motif 2.0)
all X11 applications moved in src/X11 directory
- LIN - New configuration file /etc/ax25/fbb.conf replaces init.srv.
It is not compatible and is now organized as keyword = value
- LIN - To be compliant with the files organization on LINUX, a new tree
has been defined:
- configuration files in /etc/ax25/fbb
- data files in /var/ax25/fbb
The program fbb_tree script creates/check the full tree.
- LIN - xfbbC and xfbbX did not work. Corrected.
- LIN - reqdir server modified following the patch of 7m3tjz Satoshi
- LIN - xfbb and xfbbX compiles with lesstiff 0.88
- LIN - Segmentation violation if a directory in fbb.conf has no leading /
- LIN - fixed a segmentation violation in AX25 socket.
- LIN - PG programs did not work. Fixed.
- LIN - "CP SYSOP" messages can give wrong WP information when re-forwarded.
- ALL - Y2K bug in satellite computation. Fixed.
- ALL - Y2K bug in LD and WP import processing. Fixed.
- LIN- Y2K bug in fbbdos. Fixed.
- COPY command could only copy onto an existing file. Patch PA3FWM.
- YN never find new files. Patch PA3FWM.
- Added #MYPACTOR command to set the pactor callsign from inittnc file.
- PPC and SPARC support. Patch JE1SGH - Ichiro Hieda.
- MAIL.IN did not work correctly. Fixed.
- FB commmand now take in account the data mode (J line of forward.sys)
- Patch fbb_old_ax25.patch.gz : allow using this version with 2.0 kernels
run "zcat fbb_old_ax25.patch.gz | patch -p0" from the fbb distribution
base directory. Thanks to Jose.
- Added line "T Onn" in forward.sys where "nn" is the number of hours
of the message forward delay. If nn is 24, then only mail older than
24 hours will be forwarded to the connected BBS.
- New "install_fbb" and "fbb" scripts. The software is no longer run
by xfbb.sh but by "fbb".
- full distribution and pre-compiled binaries
- added remote config directory list, upload and download for the xfbbC client.
- L commands may be combined on a single line:
LR 101-110 & LS string
- CHANGED the directory tree (see FBBTREE file) to fit the linux specifications.
- Added the TCP-IP driver for remote traffic and monitoring operations.
- L> l@ were L<. Corrected.
- Other patch for L>, L< and L@
- Added remote forward maintenance for clients
- Added EO sysop command to edit sytstem options
- Servers did not work correctly (upcase path -> lowcase) - Corrected.
- Error in fbb.conf.sample - Corrected.
- Fixed the default header string.
- Fixed a path bug in REQDIR.
- Added the disconnection client-service
- Added Edit-User client-service.
- Added Edit-Message client-service.
- Added full page message editing client-service.
- Minor changes in install.sh and fbb scripts.
- epurwp and epurmess only test major number version.
- Possible crash if "import" is defined in fbb.conf. Corrected.
- Added maintenance, rerun, and other subdirectories in lib/fbb/script directory.
Executables in these subdirectory are run during housekeeping phase.
- Added hostname lookup for TCP-IP outgoing connections.
- Wrong disk size with Windows clent. Corrected.
- Fixed some minor bugs in fbb and install_sh scripts.
- Official release
- In forwarding mode, FQ no longer disconnects. Only wait for remote
- Multiple bug fixes in the client interface.
- Added MsgEdit flag in EO sysop command (full screen editor for messages).
- Changed the timeout during message edition.
- Removing % in front of the call for PTC-II v3.1
- Fixed pactor marine firmware implementation for PTC-II
- Fixed the FOPEN_MAX (reduced from 256 to 16 ???) of stdio.h which gave
errors in binary files.
- Made protect.sys working correctly. Protection is now made for the directory
tree, not only the directory.
- WHERE command in FbbDos always searches in the FbbDos directories even
in sysop mode. Depth is limited to 16 sub-directories.
- LABEL command allowed on protected areas. Needs security 16 (EDIT LABEL)
to be used and security 32 (DELETE ANY FILE) for editing any file.
- Fixed the SC problem in 7.03e.
- Support for long filenames in FbbDos.
- Multiple bugs corrected for long filenames support.
- Spaces accepted in filenames (need double quotes).
- Connections are no longer accepted before maintenance.
- Sx call + filename accepts lowcase filenames.
- wrong filenames displayed in FBBDOS - DU command.
- Minor changes in text files for EU command (PMS = F flag added)
- Official release
- Check pactor sending before asking for scanning.
- Added POP3 support (be sure your port 110 is free) :
You have to declare a new COM and PORT in port.sys like (port = 110):
#Com Interface Address (device) Baud
6 9 6e 0
#TNC NbCh Com MultCh Pacln Maxfr NbFwd MxBloc M/P-Fwd Mode Freq
1 4 6 0 250 7 2 10 10/60 SU Pop3
- Some bug fixes in the POP driver.
- Added UIDL command to the POP server.
- Added APOP command in POP server.
- Added SMTP server :
in port.sys add the SMTP port address like pop_hex_port:smtp_hex_port
#Com Interface Address (device) Baud
6 9 456:401 0
- Some more bug fixes in the POP driver.
- Some more new bugs in the POP/SMTP driver.
- Added config key "pophost" in fbb.conf to define the pop hostname
If this value is defined , the address line will be:
else the address will be (default)
- Support multiple recipients in SMTP
- Some more bug fixes in the POP driver.
- Bloc buffered POP input for faster processing.
- Pop delete messages on long lists fixed.
- Added %I variable gives the name (if known) of the message sender from WP.
- Implementation of the NNTP server
- Bug fixes
- POP channels only monitored with the import/export display option.
- Number of channels increased to 99 (96 available).
- Number of ports increased to 16.
- changed 'FW 9' to 'FW 0' to start forward on all ports.
- Added the forgotten October month in pop dates.
- Added the SMTP LOGIN and PLAIN authentication.
- Added the port configuration by a port_name.prt file:
If the PORT 2 is called network in the port.sys file,then
The system first look for a network.prt file, then a inittnc2.sys file
if the network.prt file does not exists.
- Configuration of the smtp/pop driver by the port file (one or more lines):
SMTP authentications - One or more options (default NO):
SMTP AUTH (NO | LOGIN | PLAIN | CRAM-MD5)
POP authentications - One or more options (default USER):
POP AUTH (USER | APOP)
Example of my pop_smtp.prt file:
# POP/SMTP/NNTP configuration file - F6FBB
# SMTP authentication nedded. Accepts LOGIN, PLAIN and CRAM-MD5
SMTP AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5
# POP authentication. USER and APOP accepted
POP AUTH USER APOP
# end of file
- Enhanced capabilities in the themes.sys file. This file is up-compatible
with previous versions. Added parentheses and !, &, |, @ operators:
& means "expression and expression"
| means "expression or expression" (optional for up compatibility)
! means "not expression"
@ means "via field"
fra.achat ACHAT* & @FRA
fra.vente VENTE* & @FRA
fra.echange ECH* & @FRA
cherche SEARCH CHERC* RECHER
fra.satellite @FRA & (AMSAT | SAT* | UO22 | KO23 | UOSAT | PACSAT | DOVE |
KEP* | SPACE | PHASE3 | ISS | PCSAT | NASA)
ww.satellite @WW & (AMSAT | SAT* | UO22 | KO23 | UOSAT | PACSAT | DOVE |
KEP* | SPACE | PHASE3 | ISS | PCSAT | NASA)
- POP/SMTP/NNTP ports may be unvalidated with the port value 0 in port.sys
#Com Interface Address (device) Baud
6 9 0:0:45f 0
- cron.sys - All ports need the value 0 instead of 9 (GATE 0 or YAPP 0)
- Added a CR after the messages header for POP
- POP addresses without "<>" were not accepted (F4ECW).
- Multiple security fixes (SM6TKY).
- includes patches for 2.6 kernel.
- improvement for satellite documentation file status (see SATDOC doc).
- was buggy. DO NOT USE.
- compliant with 2.6 kernel
- base directory tree is now /usr/local/ by default (standard for AX25
applications) except /usr/lib/fbb/
- lib/fbb moved to /usr/local/lib/fbb (for easier backup).
- script 20_epursat called during maintenance
- AMSAT declared as BBS in bbs.sys
- amsat.fwd declared in forward.sys
- satupdat (ajoursat) and satdoc included
- satupdat and satdoc doc files included
- HTML bbs documentation included (start with doc.htm)
- fbb script fbb.rc (start - stop -status - restart)
- /var/log/fbb.log log file
- this version only corrects compilation errors for xfbbX client.
- lesstif, lesstif-devel, libxpm and libxpm-devel packages must be installed.
- fbb has to be compiled first (and installed).
- then cd into fbb src/X11 directory and run make.
- give xfbbX and xfbbX_cl executable permission
and copy both files into /usr/local/bin
- start fbb using rc.fbb script (or fbb) and run xfbbX client
from an X11 console.
- Includes LA7ECA scan fix for PTCII pactor mode
- Some format fixup in init messages for easier debuging display when starting
xfbbd with options -v -f
- Makefile in src and X11 did not use the right path for include NEW_AX25. Fixed
- This version has been successfully tested with 2.6.28 SMP kernel
with a Core2 Duo CPU system.
However default recommandation is still to add "nosmp" argument on kernel
GRUB boot command line.
- zero length data are no more sent via snd_sck() and snd_tcp() functions.
- Please avoid using more than 40 channels in port.sys to prevent
- There are probably still other unknown bugs in FBB. Any observation report
is thus appreciated.
When FBB 7.05 is released it should include (in file sock_drv.c)
* valid when ROSE module is patched for
* ax25_info_new structure
* struct ax25_info_struct_new ax25info;
* if (ioctl (scan[canal].sock, SIOCAX25GETINFONEW, &ax25info) == 0)
- less verbose debugging messages in /var/log/fbb.log
- Added usleep instructions to allow interrupts in tcp and sock drivers and
reduce CPU load. It was sometime more than 14% and should be less than 1% now.
- s_status was writing zero length frame. Corrected
- date structure corrupted in ibm.c caused stack-smashing. Corrected.
- changed date format tm_year %100 in console.c to avoid stack overflow due
to incorrect date format during FBB initialization.
- CFLAGS = -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -funsigned-char $(DEFS) -D__LINUX__
-Wformat-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DPROTOTYPES -I../include -fstack-check
-fstack-protector-all (this DEBUG option is removed in distributed package)
7.04r.2.2 (F6BVP) is 7.04r6
- cree_bid() did not actually create WFBID.SYS and initialize it
if file was missing. This could induce a segment violation. Corrected.
- In case of test or PRE versions the full release number is displayed:
* XFBB Linux daemon version 7.04r-pre6 (Sep 18 2009) PID=9172
- Same full version number is used in /var/ax25/fbb/log/ files
070522165800SI *** BBS Initialize
070522170200SA *** BBS Online 7.04r-pre6
- By default 20_epursat script does not export satdoc and satupdat
results to mail.
- A bug was causing stack smashing with some kernels when message on hold
was found. Corrected. Thanks to Charlie K4GBB, allowing intensive debugging
on his LinuxLab machine and W4AKH-1 BBS.
- Removed bugs in satdoc (SATellite DOCumentation utility) version 2.8.6
- AMSAT Weekly Satellite Report have two BID types : $ANS and $WSR.
Updated Satdoc version 2.8.9
- Updated ajoursat - satupdat utility programm for satellites data base.
Version is 1.87
- Doc files for both above utilies updated and renamed with 8 + 3 characters.
- register instructions removed (ignored by modern compilers)
- FBB log is now labeled with year date. For example:
/var/ax25/fbb/log/fbblog.47 is now ~/fbblog09.47
7.04r.8 (Cathryn at junglevision dot com)
-segfaults in themes.c was crashing FBB with the nntp option when the bulletins
are reset. When the user attemps to read a non-existent bulletin fbb crashes.
"This patch is for the Usenet server feature of FBB. I put in code so that
it is now possible to post from the USENET connection. The password checking
code is taken from the SMTP code. I also put in a few changes to use
snprintf rather than sprintf to prevent buffer overflows. I don't believe this
is all the places where this occurs, but I changed this when it was convenient.
I added a new function pop_quit to replace the code in this file where it was
sending a QUIT message to pop_process_read. I found that the original code was
failing under some complicated circumstances, and that it was less confusing
to have a separate routine to quit directly to fix these crashes. I also
fixed a crash in pop_send that occurred when reading large messages.
I updated the NNTP headers as follows. I added the Newsgroups: line. When you
reply message from a USENET client, it will send the output to TODAY@WW matching
the original distribution of the message. I Removed the group name from
the Subject, and I canged the Message-ID to match the PBBS BID ID. This makes
the message lookup more robust in the case the themes.sys file changes."
- A bug was causing stack smashing with DOS menu and long Linux file names.
Corrected. Thanks to Peter ZL2BAU who reported this bug and helped
tracing the cause.
- channel timeout was not initialized at startup and after a timeout occured.
- "BBS Quit" now displays FBB version in log file.
- Another bug was causing stack smashing with YAPP transfer and long Linux
file names. Corrected. Thanks again to Peter ZL2BAU who reported this bug
and helped tracing the cause.
- Starting a local console FBB client xfbbC caused a segment violation
if another console was already connected localy. Cured.
- corrected a compilation warning with xfbbC.c
7.04r.12 (Cathryn Mataga)
- SOCK_MAXCHAN (drv_sock.c) now set to (MAXVOIES) This was set to 50, which
was less than MAXVOIES, and the code was accessing data off the end of
this table. This was causing strange problems. After I made this change
the gateway function started working again. If anyone was having trouble with
xfbbd and RF radio connections, this change may possibly fix their problem.
- Several minor changes designed to eliminate "Bad file descriptor" error
messages. These occurred at the time of housekeeping due to a minor bug.
The messages actually turned out to be harmless, as far as I can tell.
- Only use the signal handler for signals that have functionality in the code.
This is a simplification to prevent bugs. Other signals are set to SIG_IGN.
- Compressed forward is repared on 64 bits Linux system. After bug removal
it has been tested on 32 bits machines. For using compressed forward,
do not use "N 1" argument in forward files.
- This version is without debugging messages going to log file.
It will be renamed 7.05 if no major bug is reported.
- Three Patches from John Goerzen <email@example.com>
"I'm working to get 7.04r13 into Debian. As part of doing that, I've
been reviewing the patches that Debian has in place to find which ones
are still applicable. I have these three to send you that I think are
- For some obscure reason LA7ECA scan fix for PTCII pactor mode included
in 7.04q was missing. Applied again.
- While we are at it, lets include PACTOR CQ patches from DM3TT compilation.
- 7.04r14.2 is without major bug and can run on different systems.
It is renamed 7.05
- A bug in xfbbd prevented the correct display of PG programs execution.
- 7plus application via server and PG 7plserv, 7plus executable, 7pfbb script
(50_7pfbb) was broken. Found 7plsrc.225 archives *** 7PLUS ASCII-
Encoder/Decoder, (c) Axel Bauda, DG1BBQ *** It would not compile with
Linux 2.6. Modified install_sh installation script. It performs all to have
a complete 7plus files managment system. Small README file written
and all utilities put into 7plus.tar.bz2 archive. Published.
- sh: message about c_filter removed even if this filter application
is not present.
- Gustavo / I0OJJ signaled another failure concerning the D (info) feature which
is on the (F) menu: the (D)irectories of *topics* are missed; the 'documents'
may be regularly read but cannot be labeled by sysop. Corrected. In D menu,
for labelling a file, Sysop command is D followed by file name, followed
by a description texte no more than 30 characters.
Users may navigate into doc directories with CD and list files using
L command. Labels follow file names, and a user will read a document
file by entering its file number.
- Gustavo / I0OJJ sent a well documented series of bug report:
1. Millennium bug (?) in the FBBDOS dates of files and directories.
Dates where 20 years away! Corrected
2. CANNOT CHANGE DIRECTORY BEYOND THE YAPP DIRECTORY with error message:
path too long. Under investigation.
3. PING sends a SERVER error report to the BBS Sysop while the ACK message
is replied *correctly* OK:! Under investigation
4. Bug description: two messages (simultaneously) issued by xfbb. A first
*** SERVER ERROR *** issued by xfbb 7.05b and a second *CONCURRENT* message
to callsign making the request (CORRECT OPERATION). Under investigation.
- Gustavo / I0OJJ reported : CANNOT CHANGE DIRECTORY BEYOND THE YAPP DIRECTORY.
- Gustavo / I0OJJ reported that M, MH and MHA command crashed FBB. Corrected.
- Peter ZL2BAU reported that FBBDOS command cd .. was crashing FBB. Corrected.
- Charley K4GBB asked "With todays RTC clocks and NTP servers is there still
a need to freeze the Housekeeping process because the last check failed?".
Corrected. epurmess no more checks the date of epurmess.res.
- "Official libax25" introduced a new feature in ax25_ntoa() function removing
SSID 0 in callsigns when present. This has been a major source of AX.25
application programs dysfunctions. A new local function _ax25_ntoa()
is used by FBB to avoid such issues.
- Gustavo / I0OJJ noticed that the *english.txt* file from the source archive
did not conform anymore the *original* style, so xdfbb does not work with
the 'outpost' and other new terminal programs.
Gustavo fully revised the original "english.txt" and "english.hlp" files
to overcome that lack.
Thanks to Gustavo I0OJJ, both new english files are included in this version.
SYSOPs are encouraged to copy these files from conf/lang/ directory into
BBS ~fbb/lang/ directory.
- Corrected small bug in lzhuf warning message.
- Corrected small bug in lzhuf warning message again.
- First FBB week log number of year YY starts with number 0 (was 52) i.e.
- Charley K4GBB provided an improved fbb.sh start script (formerly rc.fbb).
- xfbbC client caused segmentation fault on RedHat distro.
- Makefile did not include -g flag, another possible source
of segmentation fault.
- Compiling 7.05f will fail In Ubuntu 12.04 (and possible also in Ubuntu 11)
and later because of the ncurses issue when it tries to link XfbbC.
Bob VE3TOK provided a cure to avoid this issue. Now it will compile
and link with gcc 4.5, gcc 4.6 and also with the older gcc 4.4
- Changed some debuging message.
- removed packed attribute in pacsat.c that was generating unwanted
- Added warning to send a message to Sysop when unregistered tcp client.
Patch by Tom SP2L.
- Conditional compile on 64 bit systems to keep 32 bits FBB data format
compatibility. Patch by Cathryn Mataga. Define THIRTYTWOBITDATA if you are
bringing in data from 32-bit versions. This creates datafiles that match
the origin documentation for FBB. They are not compatible with files created
with 64-bit versions. Edit file include/fbb_serv.h and edit line 38 showing:
/* #define THIRTYTWOBITDATA 1 */
Remove these 4 marked characters if you want to keep your FBB data
compatible 32 bit system.
- A few patches by Colin Tuckley G8TMV Debian developer:
Add a basic manual page for fbbgetconf written by Joop Stakenborg
<firstname.lastname@example.org> and fix spelling mistakes. The two directories src/X11/res
and src/X11/res/bitmaps needed to have their permissions changed to 755
so that they can be listed and inspected by the normal user. Add a Makefile
in fbb main source file directory. In src/Makefile LIBS = -lm -lax25
- From F6BVP: moved conditional fbb_open() prototype to comply with Debian
extended checking compiler.
- This version receives a standard autotool facility to help install fbb package
on different distro of Linux. Read README file in order to see the new command
line sequence to enter for compiling and installing the full set of FBB routines.
- All project is moved to SourceForge repository Linfbb for easier maintenance
and collaborative project handling. [r<number>] displays the patch number.
- First patches were made for customization of the project to our new tools.
- [r18] Quit routine added by N1URO for cross-platform command set compatability
with URONode, FlexNet, Xnet, and others. BBS command Q (quit) will act exactly
like B (bye).
- [r20] Added PACTOR in Pactor CQ as suggested by G4APL SysOP GB7CIP.
- [r24] Added port.sys.sample sample file.
- [r26] Removed "No PACSAT satellit protocol configuration file 'init.pac'"
- [r27] Added strupr() in redist.c to cure compiler-loader issue as reported
by charley K4GBB.
- [r29] Empty LETTER field removed from version.h for 7.06 compatibility
(bug reported by Peter ZL2BAU).
- [r30] Increased length of characters copied in wp buffer message for long
- [r31] lang/english.hlp amended by Brian N1URO and including new Quit command.
- [r32] Increased QRA locator field to 10 characters asked by Tom SP2L.
- Removed a couple of old bugs reported by Paul G4APL (In TCP driver
and themes date).
- [r34] - f6bvp: modified README to explain correct location of fbb.sh
- [r35] - f6bvp: drv_tcp.c:623:9: warning: too many arguments for format
reported by Paul G4APL.
- [r36] Probably a parameter inversion detected by 0 length warning reported
by Paul G4APL.
- [r38] epurmess.ini was not correctly checked and created if missing
- [r39] Updated francais.hlp and ChangeLog.
- [r40] fbb.conf is now in /usr/local/etc/ax25/fbb and automatically copied
there if fbb.conf is present in parent directory. updated doc/fbb.conf.sample
to reflect new location.
- [r41] fixed variable substitutions in 20_epurwp and 20_epurmess
- [r42] removed unused code from serv.h
- [r43] Bug #3 fixed missing substitutions in xfbbC.c that were preventing ncurses
support from being compiled.
- [r44] Bug #6 changed linker flag for -lax25 from LDFLAGS to LDADD to resolve
compiling issues on newer gcc versions.
- [r45] update ChangeLog
- [r46] Bug #8 changed src/X11 linker flag for -lax25 from LDFLAGS to LDADD.
- [r49] Bug #8 move linker flags for Xlibs from LDFLAGS to LDADD.
- [r50] port.sys.sample installed with make installconf to provide a sample
port.sys file for new BBS install.
- [r51] Update ChangeLog.
- [r52] Bug #1 make /lang files and amsat.fwd only overwrite/install with
- [r53] Remove obsolete code that checked for OLD_AX25 (for version 2.0 kernels)
If your kernel is THAT old... you REALLY should upgrade your box.
- [r54] Fix a couple more variable substitutions in help texts of fbb shell
- [r55] 'ctrl-C' 'ctrl-Z' and 'ctrl-\' disabled in console client xfbbC
(bug reported by Gustavo I0OJJ).
- [r56] fbbgetconf updated to defined parameters version and added usage
- [r57] All conditional compile depending on LETTER and BETA removed from
source code files.
- [r58] Update ChangeLog.
- [r59 In Satupdat we are now using fgets() returned value to avoid compiler
warnings. Update ChangeLog.
- [r60] In Ajoursat we are now using fgets() returned value to avoid compiler
- [r61] Replaced INIT.SRV text in X11/xfbb.c
- [r62] In xfbb.c use of uintptr_t and intptr_t cast suppress different size
- [r63] In xfbbX.c use of uintptr_t and intptr_t cast suppress different size
- [r64] In xfbbXcnsl.c use of uintptr_t and intptr_t cast suppress different
size compiler warning.
- [r65] In xfbbpndd.c use of uintptr_t and intptr_t cast suppress different
size compiler warning.
- [r66] In xfbbedtm.c use of uintptr_t and intptr_t cast suppress different
size compiler warning.
- [r67] In xfbbcnsl.c use of uintptr_t and intptr_t cast suppress different
size compiler warning.
- [r68] ChangeLog reformated to 80 characters per line (Thanks to Tom, SP2L).
- [r69] In tncio.c added (intptr_t) casts to avoid compiler warning
and possible bugs!
- [r70] Update ChangeLog.
- [r71] Added prototype for newly introduced usage() in fbbgetconf.c
- [r72] Added limits.h, stdio.h, and perror to configure checks.
- [r73] Oops, forgot to update some files for version release.
- [r74] Update versions in their appropriate files.
- [r75] Tagging this as release 7.0.7
- [r96]- [r106] Removed <CR> codes. Update Changelog.
UNCONFIRMED REPORTED ISSUES
- Barry VK2AAB reported that when you give the monitor option
xfbbC -m 0 -h 127.0.0.1 BBS works fine for about an hour but then disconnects.
It sometimes seems to happen when a connected station disconnects.
- Barry VK2AAB reported that he has a 300bd HF partner who does not want
7+ files. However he found that "J 0" in forward file does not work.
7+ files should not be sent.
- Some PACTOR commands are not correctly sent through serial port for TRX
commands via CAT system.
- command % is sometime displaying a negative value for "Buf".
- command L gives unaligned title listing when bulletin size greater than 99999.
- some functions are done via system() calls. However, observed return value
is invariably -1 while it should reflect the result of called program.
When programming in another context system calls I do have the right return
values. For the moment I don't know why it is not the case in FBB...
However a clue toward a solution could be to use a fork for system calls.
FBB is probably not yet fully adapted to multiprocessor environment (...)
and Linux kernel should probably be run with "maxcpus=1" boot option.
"nosmp" boot option, I formerly suggested, cannot be used for it created kernel
instability due to improper handling of system interrupts (ACPI is disabled).