* (WWW) update screenshots
* there are problems with refreshing plots and output window when program
is busy (ie. when running script or fitting). It seems to be platform
* problem: fityk can't be compiled with UNICODE-enabled wxWidgets
* write a good portable .spec (spec is used for building RPM)
* d.transform -- new powerful command for transforming data,
that will replace d.deviation, d.range(?). It is partially done
(as a separate program) using boost::spirit. Examples:
d.transform Y[n>0] = Y[n-1] + y[n] -> will integrate data
d.transform S = sqrt(max(1,y[n])) -> will set std. dev.
d.transform x=y & y=x -> will swap x and y axes
* GUI for d.transform command
* (GUI) Data->Revert, datapane - "duplicate" command
* (GUI) datapane tree - hint with full filenames, editable labels (titles)
* auto-freezing of peaks at disactivated range
* integrate m.findpeak and s.add options. Prepare interface for many
peak detection algorithms
* document s.guess command
* logarithmic scale
* More visible toolbar icons (icons 5-9 from left must be changed).
Perhaps bigger (24x24) icons should be used?
* (s.add) possibility to add description of peak/parameter
This description could be used e.g. in exporting files.
* loading data -- use Difdaf library (when it will be ready) for powder
diffraction data import.
other formats (from survey): .jdx JCAMP-DX (www.jcamp.org)
Galactic (GRAMS/32) SPC files (especially multifiles)
* (loading data) -- merging a few files
rewrite loading ASCII data
change order of arguments in syntax of d.load command
* (GUI) redesign "Load File Custom" dialog
* (GUI) one dialog for plot settings. More precise configuration of axis tics.
horizontal/vertical peak labels, etc.
* (d.set) min-background-points-distance should be automatically changed
whan loading data to (xmax-xmin)/A
* rewrite scanner/parser using boost::spirit. Now it uses flex/bison.
* user defined functions; it includes symbolic computing of derivatives.
Important but needs a lot of work. Perhaps the idea of simple parameters,
compund-parameters and functions will be revised.
* python scripts -- built-in Python interpreter which allows to extend
Fityk using user-written scripts, optional modules, etc.
* rewrite crystallographic part in python
* (GUI) stopping fitting interactively (when user don't want to wait longer);
* automatic background substraction - what algorithm is good?
* (s.export) when exporting function/sum as points, it shuld be possible
to set step of these points (s.set export-points-step = 0.?)
and to export baseline and each peak as a separately (multicolumn CSV)
* subtract fitted functions from the real data ie for peak removal
* (Windows only) exporting plots to PostScript file and to metafile(clipboard)
* problem: MS Windows - tree at data pane looks bad
* more sophisticated algorithms for peak detection
* write documentation for fwhm-correction and height-correction (m.set)
* (GUI) single ergonomic interface changing colors of everything
* short-cuts for menu commands (Ctrl-O, F1, etc.)
* improve Voigt function (FWHM, cut-tails, better approx?)
* fitting: it should be separated even more from the rest of the program.
Perhaps it fitting functions should be in extern library (AFAIK there
is no such libary -- with unified interface to various nonlinear
Add more methods, eg. simulated annealing
* fitting: robust fit - other error distributions then Gaussian,
eg. Lorenzian...; so called 'maximum-likelihood method' -- using Poisson
* f.info -- more informations about error, confidence limits, etc.
graphical interface to f.info;
easy way to get (write to file) parameters with errors [IMPORTANT]
* Now only '.' is supported as a decimal separator. ',' should also
be an option.
* (GUI) "Report Bug" item in Help menu, clickable link in About dialog