FoxtrotGPS is an easy-to-use graphical tool that can be used
to track the position of a GPS receiver on a map in relation to
user-defined points of interest (POIs), a destination and waypoints,
and tracks loaded from files or internet routing-services.
FoxtrotGPS also allows internet-connected users to share their position
with other users and send messages.
For installation instructions, see the file named "INSTALL".
Note that the following packages must be installed before this one
can be built or installed:
* pkg-config <https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/>
* GLib 2.x <https://www.gtk.org/>
* GTK+ 2.x <https://www.gtk.org/>
* libglade 2.x <http://www.jamesh.id.au/software/libglade/>
* libcurl <https://curl.haxx.se/>
* SQLite 3 <https://www.sqlite.org/>
* libexif <https://libexif.github.io/>
* libxml2 <http://xmlsoft.org/>
* libgps >= 2.90 <http://www.catb.org/gpsd/>
* intltool >= 0.23 <https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/intltool/>
In order to interface with the Zephyr HxM heartrate-monitor,
the following must be installed before FoxtrotGPS is built or installed:
* BlueZ <http://www.bluez.org/>
In order to make use of the photo-geotagging features in FoxtrotGPS,
the following additional packages must also be installed for use at
* gpscorrelate <https://github.com/freefoote/gpscorrelate>
* jhead <http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/>
If you're building from Bazaar, you also need:
* The `makeinfo' command from GNU Texinfo
* GNU help2man <https://www.gnu.org/software/help2man/>
* The `convert' command from ImageMagick <https://www.imagemagick.org/>
If you want to generate documentation in PDF, PostScript, or DVI format,
then you'll also need:
* The GNU Texinfo suite <https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/>
* A TeX implementation like TeX Live <https://www.tug.org/texlive/>
For more information, or to obtain the latest version of FoxtrotGPS,
FoxtrotGPS is Free Software; you can redistribute and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2,
as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; see the file COPYING. If not, see
<https://www.gnu.org/licenses/> or write to:
The Free Software Foundation, inc.
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110-1301