- goto should be looked at, unit with moves left after goto is not active
- Mitch did alot for this release:
- Added support for none 30x30 sized tiles.
- Removed a bunch of warnings
- Went through the helpdata.tx file and corrected and added alot
- Fixed a nasty spell-bug: goverment -> government
- Much much more
- Jan Echternach fixed a bug in the worker placement code
- AI code has been better structured.
- Some bugs related with the helpbrowser fixed
- Some visual improvements here and there
- The resource file is now version checked
- Fixed bug with long names
- There will be no netscape unit,and the explorer can't be uninstalled!(sue me)
- After loading a game, partisans would only be given to the player with the
lowest index. Keep the fixes and bug reports coming
Due to a missing entry in the save file as Rajala Ilkka reported
and provided a patch for.
- Sorry but due to a missing entry in the save file as Rajala Ilkka reported
and provided a patch for.
After loading a game, partisans would only be given to the player with the
- There was another wrap bug, which resulted in buggy worker assignment.
- Worked alot on the AI, still it plays like a child.
- The AI work has resulted in a better automatic build algorithm, there
is alot of work to here still.
- removed some of the micromanagement, extra prod points are transfered
to the next build.
- Fixed the help texts, now someone needs to fix my grammar..
- Added zoc message as people doesn't understand the rules.
- ai server command, to toggle AI on a player. Now we just need the AI code.
- AI value added to the saveformat, so new minor level is required
Don't think it's doing anything yet...
- automatic worker allocation scheme has been modified further, cities less
than size 4 will go for citygrowth, now prefer 210 tiles over 102.
- new help dialog
- nuke tiles moved. auto tile added.
- Hohensee's pointed out that Beatles sings 'You say you wanna revolution'
- fixed bug with players joined a loaded game with the same name
- autostart when #players==maxplayers after loading
- New server connection dialog
- Now foodbox just have to be full, not overfull to increase city size
- Massimo Campostrini, sent a patch fixing bug with missing gameinfo
- Alpine troops, and explorers now benefits from railroads
- initial steps to AI has been made.
- turns taken to perform irrigation and mining has been altered.
- Airborne units can now goto from one continent to another
- Fixed 2 bugs in autosettlers, 1. they could crash the server, 2. they now
start immediately on their tasks.
- man pages included to please the Debian rules
- Michael Hohensee wrote a very nice HOWTOPLAY text
- Richard Braakman fixes bug related to detecting savefile error
- Removed all warnings reported by gcc -Wall
- Rewrote sniff_packets() main loop to periodically send reports
to the meta-server.
- New 'meta' server command.
- the subject list box in the help-dialog is now properly updated
when an item is selected
- renumber player updated
- subs updated - hate them forever
- Players nolonger starts on top of huts - Mitch
- Spy's now work, and a major bug in diplomacy has been fixed.
- modified settler assignment a bit, weights production a bit higher now.
- Yet more cosmetic changes by Mitch
- Nuke bug spotted by James Blackwell
- Mitch Davis send us 4 patches, which fixes quite a few spelling
mistakes and alot of sourcecode improvements and some Makefile
Fixed Submarines, can now carry 8 missiles
Carriers and subs can't carry ground units anymore, still were a bug
- fixed bug with colliding global vars
- fixed bug with missing char, when server vars was set
- fixed bug in load code
- initial metaserver support added
- when players looses connection before the game is started,
they're removed from the game.
- correct end of turn when the last player cuts link
- remove player command added to server
- goto algorithm has been improved thanks to Rene Schalburg
- new random generator, hope things now are more random.
- submarines now works...
- Engineers works as double speed settlers, can't do organizing
- submarines are now invisible
- airlifts and city goto implemented, shortcut is 'l'
- Carriers can only carry planes and missiles now.
- Marine flag added, to add support for amphibious attack
- ground/air unit capability added (helicopter)
Helicopters can take cities etc.. and don't need to refuel.
allthough they will loose 1 hp per round out of city.
- Aegis cruisers got double defense against attack from airborne units.
- leonardo's workshop will now only work if you actually got the damn thing.
- totally redesigned help pages.
- The remaining units has been added..
- Lighthouse now let you produce veteran sea units aswell.
- Got a new neat compiler, that could give more intelligent warnings.
removed alot of unnecessary variables.
- Added a modified version of leonardo's workshop, (invention)
will upgrade 1 unit/round, will remove veteranstatus.
- altered the autoplace worker algorithm yet again, now i think it
works decently (well atleast it suits my playstile)
- veteran status wasn't updated on the client side.
- upgrade units in active units dialog. allows you to upgrade your old out of
date units, that is in a city square to a new and more modern version.
will cost you some gold tho.. the side effect of this is leonardo's workshop
which i'm still not sure if i want to incorporate or not.
- u for unload ship
- 'all' button on the wake up units
- Found one of the ancient gigantic bugs, and a fix for it
as it was, units didn't get a homecity on the server before the game was
saved and reloaded, now this will help alot for the game balance.
- Peter Skov fixed the problem with saving before game has started in a neat
way by saving the settings instead of a game, this means you can make your
favorite settings then save them to a file which you can use later on.
with the -f server switch.
- can't change all the map dependent options after the game has started..
- fixed a little problem with the help button on the science dialog.
- removed a bug that had sneaked into the support of units calculations.
- compiled it with some strict options and found a few minor bugs..
- added a civ1-2 switch but it doesn't do anything yet. need a voluenteer
to do the civ1 tech tree and unit-building dependencies.
- The unit values and the techtree has been checked and has been adjusted
according to civ 2.42 rules.
- Peter Skov added the following client features & server fixes
* help in the city dialog on the units/buildings you can build.
* a help toggle in the science dialog, if you turn it on, you won't change
techs, rather it will show the help for this tech.
* buy and change buttons in the city report, eases the pain of managing
* there had sneaked a bug into top-5 cities, which has also been fixed
- port facility added, if naval unit is build in city with port facility
unit will be veteran, repairment of a ship in a city with port facility
only takes 1 turn
- Airport added on server, need to do a client command to activate them
airborne units will be fully repaired in a city with a airport in 1 turn
and will initially be veteran if build in a city with airport
- new techs added radio, machine tools, amphibious warfare
- Shuffles players randomly at new turn, so the first player that connected
doesn't get the wonder when 2 people are building the same wonder in the
- Extra fast unit info when middle clicking on an unit on the map
(attack, defense, firepower)
- Fortresses wasn't saved correctly in the save file.
- Cities are now properly refreshed at end of turn.
- can't buy units when cities are in disorder anymore.
- buildings unnecessary due to wonders like the granaries to pyramids, don't
show on the build list anymore, if you have an unnecessary building already
it will be marked with (*)
- autobuild needed serious fixing, is better now. Still not ideal
- Made a new mapgenerator, that works on minimum 80x50 maps
which will make 7 equal sized islands. Still alot of fiddling to do with
it but it should make things alot more fair.
So set generator 2 to try the new map generator.
And keep the number of players below 8....
- changed the "auto choose place to put worker algorithm" a bit now it
favors huge amounts of trade and production over food.
1.1.6 (never released)
- SDI now give double defense against missile attacks, thats a
multiplier by 4 together with SAM batteries..
- SAM batteries added. Double defense against aircrafts
- supermarkets added. 50% food bonus on irrigated tiles
- Hoover dam can now be build, an and should have been an or :)
- Fixed problem with king richards crusade.
- Fixed problem with cruise missiles.
- Fixed problem with martial law under communism and monarchy
- Fixed problem with wonders not seemingly working first turn after reload
- think i fixed the change tech stuff, now it's not reset on the client
if you change tech in the round you get one.. Maybe..
1.1.5 (never released (except for 2 persons))
- the city growth can now be adjusted with the foodbox server option
used instead of the standard 10 multiplier of citysize to determine when
a city will grow
- number of buildings that will be razed if you conquer or loose a city is
now a game variable, namely razechance. Palaces will always be destroyed..
- oops fortresses beneath cities gave 100% defense bonus. don't anymore
units in cities and fortresses always count as fortified.
coastal fortresses is needed to protect cities, a citywall just won't do
it anymore. same count for bombers, but there is no defense against them.
since SAM site haven't been made yet.
- Hanging gardens converts content to happy if possible, other wonders
converts unhappy to content.
- Caught in city, a ship used to have 1 in defense, now it has its usual
defense, but only 1 in firepower instead.
- Changed the messages when a unit(s) dies. (tells which city if on a city
square and what units died always)
- Found some crash bugs while debugging, goto could kill server if unit died
while gotoing. (my settler did a goto into a hut with barbarians)
- Changed obsolete tech test, to unit testing in the unit list.
makes things easier, and more readable.
- remaining units, techs, buildings has been added, but looped..
just to make sure future savefiles will be consistent, if we want to have
them in the game.
1.1.4 (beta tested by 4-5 persons)
- new flags:
igwall ignore citywalls, counts for artillery,
generates extra unhappy under republic and democracy (as it has always been)
- happy/content/unhappy fixed according to civ2 rules, be careful out there,
it's harder now to keep cities happy.
(took me a bloody sunday to figure how the exact formula works)
- cruiser missiles was to cheap, costs 60 now instead of 40,
and their firepower is now 3, reduced its hp to 10.
- armor had firepower 2, fixed.
- carriers only 9 defense now, 2 firepower 40 hp's instead.
- got rid of year 0. A nasty hack was needed , but we were getting too many
reports about it.
- percent penalty instead of 0 when changing tech default 100
- foodbox server option default 10
- fixed a few bugs in mapgen.c (landmass and swamp is now used)
o settlers costs 2 food under communism now.
o cities did loose size by naval or air bombardements, doesn't anymore.
o cities did loose size by naval or air bombardements, doesn't anymore.
o can only build fortresses after invention of construction
o can't fortify naval or airborne units anymore.
o happiness calculations was buggy, among other things colloseums gives
+4 instead of +3 after development of electricty.
the luxury and wonder happy calculations has been modified a bit..
o cities only give a 50% bonus on defense, city walls still give a 200% bonus
and since they don't cost much in maintainance. Go Build them.
o movement changes:
- unit move rates, scaled by lost hp's. allthough land based units have
atleast 1 move, naval units 2, and air units isn't affected
- moves and fuel wasn't in the savefiles, they are now.
- discover nuclear power and get + 1 move for naval units.
o getting a city in a goody hut didn't add a road beneath the city.
o ver 1.0k - August 10
o server freeze bug fixed thanks to Stefan Andersson.
o various other bugs fixed too.
o ver 1.0j - Apr 8
o Pillage could be done by settlers only. This isn't correct, actually should
be doable by all land based units, except settlers, caravans & diplomats..
o Now units with 0 attack/defence power will ALWAYS loose in battle.
o Reported By Andrew Donkin and patches aswell :).
- Could make unlimited # of trade routes... Fixed
- Units gained hp by building fortresses not when fortified .... Fixed
o Problem with nukes, could nuke the server :).
Fixed (well not first time i said that)
(Reported By Christian Bricart).
o Problems with list of available tech after getting techs one way or
another is hopefully fixed. (noone has been cheated, tech was correct,
but the researchable list was not updated.)
o Tried to fix rolling thunder tactics. new server option cityfactor which
modify the unhappysize this way:
newunhappysize = unhappysize - #cities/(cityfactor - (5-goverment))
eg. under monarchy with 25 cities, unhappysize 5, cityfactor 14
you'll have a newunhappysize of 5 - 25/(14-(5-2)) = 3 ...
that is lots of cities and low goverment forms, will give unhappiness.
o Diplomat treaties are unbalancing the game. Now you have a new variable
that can reduce the effect of tech-trading, techcost. Whenever you get a
free tech it'll cost you techcost percent of a normal research cost,
to incorporate it in your society. Standard this variable is 25%.
Setting it to 0 will give you the standard behaviour. So don't look
startled if you suddenly have a negative number of tech bulbs.
o Tax-Trade-Luxury calculation tended to favor Tax when distributing. Fixed..
o Goodie huts changed a bit:
- different units in huts depending on tech level.
- no barbarians if hut is in city radius.
- advanced tribes added.
o Seperate Popup windows added (see the Game menu (Mes Options)), more to
be added later.
o Message Window added, with goto location button.
o fixed minor textual details
(eg.when someone you have contact with gains tech)
o autosettlers added, use this option at your own risk..
Press A to activate them.
o New server option cavalry, allows players to start with a number of
o Game will not start before Minplayers has connected.
o buffed lighthouse, now owner will not loose triremes at sea.
o Diplomats will now be able to defend cities, against other diplomats.
o Rivers only costs 1/3 movepoint to travel on.
o Altered the startposition algorithm, should even out things abit.
A side effect of this lets small maps eg 40x25 work, server used to loop..
(well atleast for a reasonable amount of players)
o ver 1.0h - feb 16
Massimo Campostrini once again supplied us with historical correct
citynames - this time for the Aztecs.
Proper error message when the xpm files can't be opened.
Panner widget allow resizing of chat window.
A huge pile of bugs, reported to us by Goswin Brederlow, has been
Pedantic detail: Default setting of game-save interval was 1.
Correct value is 10.
Notification added when player with whom you have an embassy invents
Game will end if only one player is alive.
Announcement of building wonders now include which city that builds it.
Notifies attacker if his attack was succesful or not
resets light bulbs at end of turn if player gets a tech.
Check every turn if units on ocean has transporters enough.
If wonder was autobuild it wouldn't be announced. (fixed)
Bug in mapgen.c fixed, start positions could be real close.
Added a steal flag to the city structure, can only be stolen once from
every city now, restarts if the city has been conquered. Don't know if this
Trade Routes are now modified according to the continental rules.
(both cities on same continents halfes the output).
Hoover dam and Michelangelo's Chapel only affects the continent
on which they have been built.
Gaining a free tech in huts worked before but gave a wrong message,
this has been fixed aswell.
Fixed bug located by Robert Wilton, in unit_activity_text()
Fixed zone of control bug, now you can always enter and leave a city.
saved alot of cycles in goto, no affect on game play.
o ver 1.0f - jan 26
The X resource leak fixed. Citynames initial go. Now handling the
Ouch that genlist fix in 1.0e made another bug visible in the
transporter code. Stephan Boettcher patched that and fixed bug
with carriers not carrying planes.
o ver 1.0e - jan 26
Applied patches submited by Massimo Campostrini, concerning citynames
and diplomat action messages.
Fixed nasty leak in the pixcomm widget. Fixed leak in genlist's
o ver 1.0d - jan 19
Applied patches submitted by Hans Petter Bieker, to fix bugs in
clinet.c and unithand.c.
Included spanish translation of the help-file - submitted by
Anselmo Perez Serrada.
The city-report now contains some more data.
The main info widget is now clickable, to produce a small
popup, containing some more info.
o ver 1.0c - jan 12
Fixed bug in citydialog introduced in 1.0b. Made the code handling the
overview map much more efficient. Let X parse command line options.
Hopefully fixed problem with viewport widget's width in the diplomacy
dialog on some setups.
o ver 1.0b - jan 11
Fixed problem with Pixcomm widget, which caused the city dialog
to crash on some setups.
o ver 1.0a - jan 8
Applied large patch by Warwick Allison - fixing many spelling mistakes
and lots of other stuff. Fixed problem with units not showing up in the
left bar. Fixed bug with cities with size 0.
o ver 1.0 - jan 5 - 1996