- New method of iterating over all V4L2 controls for a device. (Tom Bürgel)
- Fix: double free when both mmap and read fail. (Shayan Elhami)
- Remove duplicate 'frame' in help text. (Grozdan)
- Fixed crash when using --no-timestamp option.
- Cleaned up a few small compiler warnings.
- Fix pointer type in src_v4l2_set_fps() (hauptmech)
- Enable libgd fontconfig support if available. Default font is now "sans:10".
- Add S561 compressed palette support.
- Fix small memory leak in the logging system.
- Add option to swap colour channels in the image.
- Add basic Y16 support. (16-bit greyscale, gets shifted down to 8-bit)
- A few fixes for the V4L1 source and other areas. (Pete Zaitcev)
- Format conversions have been separated out from fswebcam.c.
- Fix typo and add missing code for parsing --fps option. (Luca Niccoli)
- LDFLAGS should come after object files. (Thomas Spahni)
- Don't display banner if the font fails to load. (Luca Niccoli)
- Fix typos.
- Added SGBRG8 and SGRBG8 palette types (for V4L2 sources only).
- Added --fps option.
- Fix memset() error in src_v4l1.c introduced in yesterdays release.
- Stop configure warning about datarootdir being ignored.
- Updated the videodev.h and videodev2.h header files.
- Corrected a number of memory leaks and a potential buffer overflow.
- Escape minus signs in the man page. (Luca Niccoli)
- Removed debian/ subdirectory. (Luca Niccoli)
- Removed spec and ebuild files.
- Free mmap()'s on error.
- Stop skipping frames on error.
- Fixed R<>B channel swap when using [M]JPEG or PNG.
- Added syslog support via log command.
- Added pidfile command for saving the process ID (PID) to file.
- The output command has been replaced by the log command.
- Added framedump command for dumping the raw captured data to file.
- Added exec command for running external programs after capture.
- Removed unnecessary malloc.h includes, replaced with the more portable
stdlib.h where not already included. (Alexander Logvinov)
- Fixed small bug in and simplified the configure script.
- Fixed a bug where fswebcam wouldn't close a device if its file descriptor
was equal to zero. Affected RAW and V4L2 sources. (Dmitry Saychenko)
- The localtime command has been replaced by the new gmt command.
The local timezone is now used as the default.
- Added offset command to offset capture times in loop mode.
- Added file-based configuration support.
- Updated argument parser.
- Renamed RGB24 and RGB32 to BGR24 and BGR32, and added the real
RGB24 and RGB32 formats.
- Added signal handler for gracefully exiting loop mode, reloading
file-based configuration or for immediately capturing an image.
- Don't force an interlaced mode when using V4L2 source.
- Fixed RAW source to fail when no more data can be read from source.
- Added RAW source to the man page.
- Even more configure fixes.
- Added NV12MB palette type (for raw source only).
- Added raw source support.
- V4L1/V4L2 header files included with source.
- More V4L2 configure fixes. (Gary E. Miller)
- Improved V4L2 detection in configure script.
- Warn if there have been unsaved changes made to the image.
- Fixed a number of small message formatting errors.
- Fixed man page formatting.
- Be more verbose when adjusting to a new resolution. (Alexandre Bourget)
- Added MJPEG palette type.
- Many other small fixes and changes.
- Insert DHT segment if missing from MJPEG frames. (Scott J. Bertin)
- Properly sets up resolution for V4L1 sources.
- New autoconf based configuration system.
- Added read support to V4L1 and V4L2 sources (if mmap is unavailable),
and an option to force read.
- Loop and background modes, allowing the program to run as a daemon.
- New job queue allows multiple images to be output from a single run,
each with different attributes.
- Filenames are now processed by strftime().
- Inputs can now be specified by name.
- Tweaked the deinterlacer a bit more.
- Timeout when devices take too long delivering a frame.
- Added support for YUYV and UYVY colour formats.
- Added support for the "Bayer Encoding" colour format. (V4L2 only)
- New source system added, allowing for more source types. Including:
v4l2 - Captures images using the V4L2 API.
v4l1 - The old V4L1 capture code has been moved here.
file - Reads a JPEG or PNG image from disk.
test - Draws colour bars.
- Release mmap before device is closed.
- Changed some char's to int8_t's for platforms where char may be unsigned.
- Added option to skip a number of frames at the start of capture. This
helps when some of the early frames are corrupted like with the QuickCam.
- Added a test to make sure the selected font is useable.
- Added compile time option for increasing the number of frames that can be
captured and averaged.
- Fixed colour problem when using a JPEG capture device.
- Tweaked the deinterlacer a bit to reduce blurring in static areas.
- Removed some test code from the deinterlacer that found it's way into the
last release. D'oh!
- When capturing from a QX5 microscope, the lights are turned on.
This will be removed when a separate light control app exists.
- Added support for MJPEG devices.
- Removed vflip and hflip options as this is done now with the flip effect.
- New effects system added, including:
flip - Flips the image horizontally or vertically.
crop - Crops a part of the image.
scale - Scales the image to a new size.
rotate - Rotates the image in right angles 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
deinterlace - A simple deinterlacer for video capture cards.
invert - Inverts the colours of the image, creating a negative.
- Capture width and height options combined into single resolution option.
- Releases capture device as soon as capturing is finished.
- Capture device is opened read/write instead of read only.
- Some small cosmetic fixes.
- Added options to flip the image horizontally and vertically.
- Added missing copy of the GPL license.
- Default frame count is now 1.
- Now using the faster integer-based YUV420P conversion code from camE:
- Added support for two more colour formats: RGB565 RGB555
- Added depth information into the palette table.
- Verbose mode now shows information about the size and number of buffers.
- Added support for multiple colour formats: RGB32 RGB24 YUV420P GREY
- Added an option to delay while a capture device settles down after a
channel or input change.
- Tuner code was broken in yesterdays release. This fixes that as
well as adding awareness for low and high frequency ranges (KHz and MHz).
- Much better now at preparing the capture device.
- Added many more options to control the banner.
- Added support for underlay and overlay images.
- A much needed cleanup.
- Initial release.