ToDo list for Gamera
- More documentation of wrapped Vigra functions
- More page layout analysis resp. page segmentation methods.
E.g. text/graphics separation and more text line finding
algorithms. Maybe some parts of Leptonica could be useful?
- Add multilevel thresholding.
- Support FFT on Gamera images by wrapping FFT from VIGRA
- A new menu function in the interactive classifier dialog for
highlighting outliers, i.e. possible manual misclassifications.
Can be based on MNN editing.
- Add automatic clustering algorithms for training data.
- Adding more classifiers like Gaussian mixture models, support
vector machines, or hidden Markov models.
- Add support for the hOCR exchange format in the form of a general
writing and parsing library.
- Write wrappers for external OCR engines like Tesseract OCR as
- Add more image formats: JPEG (reading/writing), PDF (writing),
NIST special database 19 (reading)...