ghostess - A GUI host for DSSI plugins
Copyright (C) 2009 by Sean Bolton and others.
This is sloppy, hurried HACKWARE -- please do not consider
this exemplary of the authors' skills or preferences, nor
of good DSSI or general programming practices. (In particular,
I don't want anyone attributing my mess to Chris or Steve ;-)
ghostess is licensed under the GNU General Public License,
version 2 or later, and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY,
including fitness for any particular purpose. See the
enclosed file COPYING for details.
ghostess began life as dssi_example_host from the DSSI 0.1
distribution, which was a fine program written by Chris Cannam and
Then I started hacking on it. First I hacked support for
run_multiple_synths() into it, which made it a mess. This would
have been a great time for a ground-up rewrite, but that didn't
happen. Then I hacked a simple GUI into it, which made it even more
messy. Then I threw in configuration saving, for yet more messiness.
Then I added a CoreMIDI driver -- more mess. Then I mixed in JACK
MIDI support -- another layer of more mess. And still no ground-up
Contributions have come from:
- configure.ac fix from Gentoo Pro Audio Overlay
- execlp fix for 64 bit architectures from Dmitry Baikov
- XML patch list export by JP Mercury
- ALSA client type and JACK MIDI API fixes from Dmitry Baikov
- JACK session support by Torben Hohn
GPL-licensed code was borrowed from:
- Ardour, copyright (C) 1999-2002 Paul Davis.
- aube, copyright (c) 2002 Conrad Parker.
- gAlan 0.2.0, copyright (C) 1999 Tony Garnock-Jones.
- midisine.c, copyright (C) 2004 Ian Esten.
- Rosegarden-4, copyright (C) 2000-2004 Guillaume Laurent,
Chris Cannam, and Richard Bown.