All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on [Keep a Changelog](http://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/).
## [3.0.6] - 2018-07-29
- Upgrade bundled OpenSSL to 1.0.2o.
- Security issue relating to deserializing Variants.
- Several editor crashes.
- GLTF import fixes.
- Windows: Fix touch/pen input.
- Mono: --build-solutions now forces editor mode.
- Mono: Several bugfixes.
- Headless: Fix scene imports.
## [3.0.5] - 2018-07-08
- 'android_add_asset_dir('...') method to Android module gradle build config.
- Android exporter no longer writes unnecessary permissions to the exported APK.
- Segfault when quitting the editor.
- Debugger 'focus stealing' now works more reliably.
- Subresources are now always saved when saving a scene.
- WebAssembly: Supply proper CORS heards.
- Mono: Annotated signal loading in exported projects.
- Mono: Serveral fixes.
## [3.0.4] - 2018-06-23
- Fix for Bullet's heightmap collider.
- Several documentation fixes.
- Threading problem causing asset library to crash on low threadcount systems.
## [3.0.3] - 2018-06-13
- C# projects can now be exported for Windows, Linux, and MacOS targets.
- Universal translation of touch to mouse.
- Dynamic fonts can now have a hinting mode set.
- print_tree_pretty() was added allowing a graphical view of the scene tree.
- Restore purchases feature for iOS.
- AudioStreamPlayer, AudioStreamPlayer2D, and AudioStreamPlayer3D now have a pitch scale property.
- Show origin and Show viewport setting in 2D editor.
- You can now set Godot windows as 'always on top'.
- --print-fps options to print FPS to stdout.
- Mono: Signal parameters no longer crash the engine.
- Asset library thread usage, this makes the asset library more responsive.
- Several GLTF import fixes.
- Several memory leaks.
- iPhone X support.
- Several fixes to audio drivers (WASAPI and PulseAudio).
- Several crashes.
- Export PCK/ZIP now works again.
## [3.0.2] - 2018-03-03
- Mono: We now display stack traces for inner exceptions.
- Mono: Bundle mscorlib.dll with Godot to improve portability.
- Running a scene from a project with a main scene now works again (regression in 3.0.1).
- Correct line spacing in RichTextLabel (regression in 3.0.1).
- TextureProgress now correctly displays when progress > 62 (regression in 3.0.1).
- The editor no longer complains about using an enum from an autoloaded resource (regression in 3.0.1).
- Pressing Escape no longer closes unexpected subwindows (regression in 3.0.1).
- Fix spelling of `apply_torque_impulse()` and deprecate the misspelled method.
- Gizmos are now properly hidden on scene load if the object they control is hidden.
- Remove spurious errors when using a PanoramaSky without textures.
- Show tooltips in the editor when physics object picking is disabled.
- Fix a serialization bug that could cause tscn files to grow very large.
- Do not show the project manager unless no project was found at all.
- The animation editor time offset indicator no longer 'walks' when resizing the editor.
- Allow creation of an in-tscn file GDScript function even if the filename suggested already exists.
- Mono: Godot no longer crashes when opening a project created with an older release.
- Mono: Fix builds of tools=no builds.
- Mono: Fix transformation regression since 3.0.1
- Android: We now require GLESv3 support in the manifest.
- Android: Fix intermittent audio driver crash.
## [3.0.1] - 2018-02-25
- The 'server' platform is back as it was in Godot 2.1.
- It is now again possible to run a headless Godot on Linux.
- New CLI options
- --build-solutions: build C# solutions without starting the editor.
- --quit: quit the engine after the first main loop iteration.
- It is now possible to scale an .obj mesh when importing.
- Type icons can now be enabled in the editor again.
- New GLSL built-in functions in the shader language
- New GDScript features
- A button has been added to the debugger to copy the error messages.
- The Ctrl toggles snapping in the 3D viewport.
- Support has been added for a new .escn, for use with the new Blender exporter.
- CA certificates have been updated to the latest Mozilla bundle.
- Copy/pasting from the editor on X11 will now work more reliably.
- The lightmap baker will now use all available cores on Windows.
- Fixed missing text in some FileDialog buttons.
- Fixes to HTTP requests on the HTML5 platform.
- Many, many fixes and improvements to C# support (including a [Signal] attribute).
- Static linking of `libgcc_s` as well as `libstdc++` for better Linux binary portability.
- Fix broken APK expansion on Android.
- Several crashes in the editor have been fixed.
- Many documentation fixes.
- Several hiDPI fixes.
- Bullet physics now correctly calculates effective gravity on KinematicBodies.
- Setting the color `v` member now correctly sets the `s` member.
- RichTextLabels now correctly determine the baseline for all fonts.
- SpinBoxes now correctly calculate their initial size.
- OGG streams now correctly signal the end of playback.
## [3.0] - 2018-01-29
- Physically-based renderer using OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Uses the Disney PBR model, with clearcoat, sheen and anisotropy parameters available.
- Uses a forward renderer, supporting multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA).
- Parallax occlusion mapping.
- Reflection probes.
- Screen-space reflections.
- Real-time global illumination using voxel cone tracing (GIProbe).
- Proximity fade and distance fade (useful for creating soft particles and various effects).
- [Lightmapper](https://godotengine.org/article/introducing-new-last-minute-lightmapper) for lower-end desktop and mobile platforms, as an alternative to GIProbe.
- New SpatialMaterial resource, replacing FixedMaterial.
- Multiple passes can now be specified (with an optional "grow" property), allowing for effects such as cel shading.
- Brand new 3D post-processing system.
- Depth of field (near and far).
- Fog, supporting light transmittance, sun-oriented fog, depth fog and height fog.
- Tonemapping and Auto-exposure.
- Screen-space ambient occlusion.
- Multi-stage glow and bloom, supporting optional bicubic upscaling for better quality.
- Color grading and various adjustments.
- Rewritten audio engine from scratch.
- Supports audio routing with arbitrary number of channels, including Area-based audio redirection ([video](https://youtu.be/K2XOBaJ5OQ0)).
- More than a dozen of audio effects included.
- Rewritten 3D physics using [Bullet](http://bulletphysics.org/).
- UDP-based high-level networking API using [ENet](http://enet.bespin.org/).
- IPv6 support for all of the engine's networking APIs.
- Visual scripting.
- Rewritten import system.
- Assets are now referenced with their source files, then imported in a transparent manner by the engine.
- Imported assets are now cached in a `.import` directory, making distribution and versioning easier.
- Support for ETC2 compression.
- Support for uncompressed Targa (.tga) textures, allowing for faster importing.
- Rewritten export system.
- GPU-based texture compression can now be tweaked per-target.
- Support for exporting resource packs to build DLC / content addons.
- Improved GDScript.
- Pattern matching using the `match` keyword.
- `$` shorthand for `get_node()`.
- Setters and getters for node properties.
- Underscores in number literals are now allowed for improved readability (for example,`1_000_000`).
- Improved performance (+20% to +40%, based on various benchmarks).
- [Feature tags](http://docs.godotengine.org/en/latest/learning/workflow/export/feature_tags.html) in the Project Settings, for custom per-platform settings.
- Full support for the [glTF 2.0](https://www.khronos.org/gltf/) 3D interchange format.
- Freelook and fly navigation to the 3D editor.
- Built-in editor logging (logging standard output to a file), disabled by default.
- Improved, more intuitive file chooser in the editor.
- Smoothed out 3D editor zooming, panning and movement.
- Toggleable rendering information box in the 3D editor viewport.
- FPS display can also be enabled in the editor viewport.
- Ability to render the 3D editor viewport at half resolution to achieve better performance.
- GDNative for binding languages like C++ to Godot as dynamic libraries.
- Community bindings for [D](https://github.com/GodotNativeTools/godot-d), [Nim](https://github.com/pragmagic/godot-nim) and [Python](https://github.com/touilleMan/godot-python) are available.
- Editor settings and export templates are now versioned, making it easier to use several Godot versions on the same system.
- Optional soft shadows for 2D rendering.
- HDR sky support.
- Ability to toggle V-Sync while the project is running.
- Panorama sky support (sphere maps).
- Support for WebM videos (VP8/VP9 with Vorbis/Opus).
- Exporting to HTML5 using WebAssembly.
- C# support using Mono.
- The Mono module is disabled by default, and needs to be compiled in at build-time.
- The latest Mono version (5.4) can be used, fully supporting C# 7.0.
- Support for rasterizing SVG to images on-the-fly, using the nanosvg library.
- Editor icons are now in SVG format, making them better-looking at non-integer scales.
- Due to the library used, only simpler SVGs are well-supported, more complex SVGs may not render correctly.
- Support for oversampling DynamicFonts, keeping them sharp when scaled to high resolutions.
- Improved StyleBoxFlat.
- Border widths can now be set per-corner.
- Support for anti-aliased rounded and beveled corners.
- Support for soft drop shadows.
- VeryLoDPI (75%) and MiDPI (150%) scaling modes for the editor.
- Improved internationalization support for projects.
- Language changes are now effective without reloading the current scene.
- Implemented missing features in the HTML5 platform.
- Cursor style changes.
- Cursor capturing and hiding.
- Improved styling and presentation of HTML5 exports.
- A spinner is now displayed during loading.
- Rewritten the 2D and 3D particle systems.
- Particles are now GPU-based, allowing their use in much higher quantities than before.
- Meshes can now be used as particles.
- Particles can now be emitted from a mesh's shape.
- Properties can now be modified over time using an editable curve.
- Custom particle shaders can now be used.
- New editor theme, with customizable base color, highlight color and contrast.
- A light editor theme option is now available, with icons suited to light backgrounds.
- Alternative dark gray and Arc colors are available out of the box.
- New adaptive text editor theme, adjusting automatically based on the editor colors.
- Support for macOS trackpad gestures in the editor.
- Exporting to macOS now creates a `.dmg` disk image if exporting from an editor running on macOS.
- Signing the macOS export now is possible if running macOS (requires a valid code signing certificate).
- Exporting to Windows now changes the exported project's icon using `rcedit` (requires WINE if exporting from Linux or macOS).
- Improved build system.
- Support for compiling using Visual Studio 2017.
- [SCons](http://scons.org/) 3.0 and Python 3 are now supported (SCons 2.5 and Python 2.7 still work).
- Link-time optimization can now be enabled by passing `use_lto=yes` to the SCons command line.
- Produces faster and sometimes smaller binaries.
- Currently only supported with GCC and MSVC.
- Added a progress percentage when compiling Godot.
- `.zip` archives are automatically created when compiling HTML5 export templates.
- Easier and more powerful way to create editor plugins with EditorPlugin and related APIs.
- Increased the default low-processor-usage mode FPS limit (60 → 125).
- This makes the editor smoother and more responsive.
- Increased the default 3D editor camera's field of view (55 → 70).
- Increased the default 3D Camera node's field of view (65 → 70).
- Changed the default editor font (Droid Sans → [Noto Sans](https://www.google.com/get/noto/)).
- Changed the default script editor font (Source Code Pro → [Hack](http://sourcefoundry.org/hack/))
- Renamed `engine.cfg` to `project.godot`.
- This allows users to open a project by double-clicking the file if Godot is associated to `.godot` files.
- Some methods from the `OS` singleton were moved to the new `Engine` singleton.
- Switched from [GLEW](http://glew.sourceforge.net/) to [GLAD](http://glad.dav1d.de/) for OpenGL wrapping.
- Changed the SCons build flag for simple logs (`colored=yes` → `verbose=no`).
- The HTML5 platform now uses WebGL 2.0 (instead of 1.0).
- Redesigned the Godot logo to be more legible at small sizes.
- `opacity` and `self_opacity` are replaced by `modulate` and `self_modulate` in all 2D nodes, allowing for full color changes in addition to opacity changes.
- Skybox support.
- Replaced with panorama skies, which are easier to import.
- Opus audio codec support.
- This is due to the way the new audio engine is designed.
- HTML5 export using asm.js.
- Only WebAssembly is supported now, since all browsers supporting WebGL 2.0 also support WebAssembly.