Subject: [use Perl] Stories for 2002-10-08
From: [email-masked] Tue Oct 8 10:54:18 2002
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 02:00:35 +0000

use Perl Daily Newsletter

In this issue:
    * This Week on perl5-porters (30 September / 6 October 2002)
    * RATS

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| This Week on perl5-porters (30 September / 6 October 2002)         |
|   posted by rafael on Monday October 07, @07:12 (summaries)        |
|   http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/07/1124226              |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

It was a busy week indeed, with long threads, interesting bugs, clever
fixes, miscellaneous optimizations, some new ideas, a few jokes,
mysterious failures, and, finally, a security hole. Read on.

This story continues at:
    http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/07/1124226

Discuss this story at:
    http://use.perl.org/comments.pl?sid=02/10/07/1124226

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| RATS                                                               |
|   posted by KM on Monday October 07, @09:01 (news)                 |
|   http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/07/132252               |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Odud writes "RATS, the Rough Auditing Tool for Security, is a security
auditing utility for C, C++, Python, Perl and PHP code. RATS scans source
code, finding potentially dangerous function calls. The goal of this
project is not to definitively find bugs. The current goal is to provide
a reasonable starting point for performing manual security audits.
Produced by [0]Secure Software" Uses a database so you can alter what you
want it to look for. Not a replacement for using stricture or your head
but is a good place to start some security auditing on your Perl.

Discuss this story at:
    http://use.perl.org/comments.pl?sid=02/10/07/132252

Links:
    0. http://www.securesoftware.com/rats.php

Copyright 1997-2002 pudge.  All rights reserved.

======================================================================

You have received this message because you subscribed to it
on use Perl.  To stop receiving this and other
messages from use Perl, or to add more messages
or change your preferences, please go to your user page.

	http://use.perl.org/my/messages/

You can log in and change your preferences from there.