Subject: Re: [ILUG] cups question
From: [email-masked] Wed Oct 9 10:53:55 2002
To: [email-masked] (Justin Mason)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 08 Oct 2002 17:30:36 +0100
List-Id: Irish Linux Users' Group <ilug.linux.ie>

[email-masked] (Justin Mason) writes:

> /dev/fd/0 is STDIN -- filedescriptor 0.  Looks like the PS file wants
> to know its filename, but it's being read from STDIN, that's my
> guess.  

I don't think so: it should be getting a stream of PS from stdin,
but it's not. The printing/spooling system is executing gs but
somehow failing to provide it with input.

> Try tweaking the scripts to run "gs" with the ps file on
> the command line instead of as "-".

That might clarify that the later part of the system works, but I
suspect the problem is earlier.

B
-- 
Brendan Halpin, Dept of Government and Society, Limerick University, Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147 f +353-61-202569 h +353-61-390476;  Room F2-025 x 3147
<mailto:[email-masked]>        <http://wivenhoe.staff8.ul.ie/~brendan>
-- 
Irish Linux Users' Group: [email-masked]
http://www.linux.ie/mailman/listinfo/ilug for (un)subscription information.
List maintainer: [email-masked]