First, thank you for contributing! We love and encourage pull requests from everyone.
Before submitting major changes, here are a few guidelines to follow:
1. Check the [open issues][issues] and [pull requests][prs] for existing discussions.
1. Open an [issue][issues] first, to discuss a new feature or enhancement.
1. Write tests, and make sure the test suite passes locally and on CI.
1. Open a pull request, and reference the relevant issue(s).
1. After receiving feedback, [squash your commits][squash] and add a [great commit message][message].
1. Have fun!