Termbox is a library that provides a minimalistic API which allows the programmer to write text-based user interfaces. The library is crossplatform and has both terminal-based implementations on *nix operating systems and a winapi console based implementation for windows operating systems. The basic idea is an abstraction of the greatest common subset of features available on all major terminals and other terminal-like APIs in a minimalistic fashion. Small API means it is easy to implement, test, maintain and learn it, that's what makes the termbox a distinct library in its area.
Install and update this go package with `go get -u github.com/nsf/termbox-go`
For examples of what can be done take a look at demos in the _demos directory. You can try them with go run: `go run _demos/keyboard.go`
There are also some interesting projects using termbox-go:
- [godit](https://github.com/nsf/godit) is an emacsish lightweight text editor written using termbox.
- [gotetris](https://github.com/jjinux/gotetris) is an implementation of Tetris.
- [sokoban-go](https://github.com/rn2dy/sokoban-go) is an implementation of sokoban game.
- [hecate](https://github.com/evanmiller/hecate) is a hex editor designed by Satan.
- [httopd](https://github.com/verdverm/httopd) is top for httpd logs.
- [mop](https://github.com/mop-tracker/mop) is stock market tracker for hackers.
- [termui](https://github.com/gizak/termui) is a terminal dashboard.
- [termloop](https://github.com/JoelOtter/termloop) is a terminal game engine.
- [xterm-color-chart](https://github.com/kutuluk/xterm-color-chart) is a XTerm 256 color chart.
- [gocui](https://github.com/jroimartin/gocui) is a minimalist Go library aimed at creating console user interfaces.
- [dry](https://github.com/moncho/dry) is an interactive cli to manage Docker containers.
- [pxl](https://github.com/ichinaski/pxl) displays images in the terminal.
- [snake-game](https://github.com/DyegoCosta/snake-game) is an implementation of the Snake game.
- [gone](https://github.com/guillaumebreton/gone) is a CLI pomodoro® timer.
- [Spoof.go](https://github.com/sabey/spoofgo) controllable movement spoofing from the cli
- [lf](https://github.com/gokcehan/lf) is a terminal file manager
- [rat](https://github.com/ericfreese/rat) lets you compose shell commands to build terminal applications.
- [httplab](https://github.com/gchaincl/httplab) An interactive web server.
- [tetris](https://github.com/MichaelS11/tetris) Go Tetris with AI option
- [wot](https://github.com/kyu-suke/wot) Wait time during command is completed.
- [2048-go](https://github.com/1984weed/2048-go) is 2048 in Go
- [jv](https://github.com/maxzender/jv) helps you view JSON on the command-line.
- [pinger](https://github.com/hirose31/pinger) helps you to monitor numerous hosts using ICMP ECHO_REQUEST.
- [vixl44](https://github.com/sebashwa/vixl44) lets you create pixel art inside your terminal using vim movements
- [zterm](https://github.com/varunrau/zterm) is a typing game inspired by http://zty.pe/
- [gotypist](https://github.com/pb-/gotypist) is a fun touch-typing tutor following Steve Yegge's method.
- [cointop](https://github.com/miguelmota/cointop) is an interactive terminal based UI application for tracking cryptocurrencies.
- [pexpo](https://github.com/nnao45/pexpo) is a terminal sending ping tool written in Go.
- [jid](https://github.com/simeji/jid) is an interactive JSON drill down tool using filtering queries like jq.
### API reference