Release notes for GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.19 "Stronger"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
There are times when the world needs a color between black and white.
Quality code to match the good's, but two-timing, backstabbing and ready to
sell your freedom down the river. These plug-ins might have a patent noose
around their neck, or a lock-up license, or any other problem that makes you
think twice about shipping them.
We don't call them ugly because we like them less. Does a mother love her
son less because he's not as pretty as the other ones ? No - she commends
him on his great personality. These plug-ins are the life of the party.
And we'll still step in and set them straight if you report any unacceptable
behaviour - because there are two kinds of people in the world, my friend:
those with a rope around their neck and the people who do the cutting.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that have good quality and correct
functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The license
on either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be how we'd
like. The code might be widely known to present patent problems.
Distributors should check if they want/can ship these plug-ins.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* a52dec: don't claim to support upstream renegotiation
* dvddemux: tweak subtitle stream setup based on dvd language codes event
* dvdreadsrc: fix off by one in cell calculation for the last chapter
* dvdreadsrc: fix sector search for packed titles; fix sector seeking
* dvdreadsrc: map subtitle language tag to stream indicated in PGC data
* dvdreadsrc: take into account first sector of the current title
* lame, lamemp3enc: ensure parsed output (most muxers need framed mp3 as input)
* lame, lamemp3enc: post CODEC and BITRATE tags
* mad: remove id3tag dependency used by in practice unreachable legacy code
* mpeg2dec: don't treat non-fatal errors as fatal and fix spurious failure to decode some files
* mpeg2dec: post QoS messages when dropping a frame due to QoS
* rtpasfdepay: avoid re-sending header; fix fragmented packet handling and packet padding
* twolame: improve output framing and timestamping
* x264enc: allow renegotiation but prefer current caps
* x264enc: negotiate profile, level and output stream-format from downstream caps where appropriate
Bugs fixed in this release
* 644233 : Set the H.264 level from the caps for encoding
* 391543 : lame should add a tag with the chosen bitrate
* 429476 : [mpeg2dec] can't play auge.mpg
* 653473 : x264enc: " subme " property value can go up to 10
* 655223 : [x264enc] properly handle stream-format from caps
* 658297 : rmdemux: tags get lost when transcoding
* 659252 : dvdreadsrc: various fixes for titles not starting on a new file
* 660562 : mpeg2dec: post QoS messages when dropping a frame due to QoS
* 662964 : asfdemux memleak
* 664175 : x264enc ! avimux results in not-negotiated flow error
* 665101 : Wrong format string in gst_dvd_read_src_do_seek
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-ugly in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Brian Gitonga Marete
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Julien Isorce
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Olivier Crête
* Sebastian Dröge
* Stefan Kost
* Stefan Sauer
* Thiago Santos
* Tim-Philipp Müller
* Vincent Penquerc'h
* Руслан Ижбулатов