* Scrolled windows (GtkList?) get cought in an endless reallocation loop
under certain (rare) circumstances.
* Widget redrawing when the window resizes sometimes messes up.
GtkLabels sometimes redraw without clearing up the underlying background on
* delay dnd settings to take effect once a widget is realized, this is
to avoid force realizations. i think this goes along with owens dnd
The way DND data types are set in GtkWidget really needs to be fixed.
This is pretty high on my priority list, and I'll get to it as soon as
the column list widget is done. The correct way dnd data needs to be set
is to have a additional keyed data type with GtkWidget, which is applied to
the widget's window upon realize.
There also needs to be a way to set dnd-data on widget windows which are
not the main window (for widgets that create more than one window).
DnD seems to work for me, but yes, there needs to be some sort of
gtk_widget layer that makes it easier... Also, adding support for drop
zones might be nice.
This one is reproducabel for me:
start up preview color
drag works but not dropping
end preview color
start up prewiev color
segfault in malloc
* Change bitfields to guints from enums, or vice versa?
* Expose events aren't being generated correctly for DND demo
* GScanner: it might be good to ues stdio and getch() instead of 1-character
reads. so one can take advantage of buffering. Currently each read() takes
a separate syscall.
* implement gtk_default_draw_oval
* Lists should scroll to center the recently selected item if it isn't
* enforce invariants on *_RESIZE* and *_REDRAW* flags.
* asure that child widgets are really get gtk_widget_destroy()ed in their
parents destroy handler, and not just unparented or somesuch.
allocate GtkTooltipsData from memchunks
look into incorporation of outdated/gtk-dairiki-971208-.patch.gz
* Make widget attributes configurable after the widget is created (timj).
* Change gtk_widget_propagate_default_style() mechanism to
void gtk_rc_string_export (const gchar *rc_additions,
* Should release grab before activating menu item (and remove
menu from screen?)
* Make all widget attributes configurable after the widget is created (timj).
* Widgets dervied from GtkButton need to be able to override
GtkButtonClass.paint. e.g. redrawing of GtkToggleButton with CAN_DEFAULT
is messed up otheriwse. This does in fact not only apply to (toggle)buttons,
we should introduce a common paint member for the GtkWidgetClass.
* Radio buttons need to display CAN/HAS_DEFAULT correctly.
* GtkCList improvements. (Jay Painter)
* Seperate GtkObject and signaling system from Gdk dependancies?
* move *_input_add (wrappers for select(2)) mechanism into glib.
* Make sure a widget added to a list is a list item and a widget added
to a menu is a menu item, etc. GTK_BASIC was a first attempt at this,
but it fails with subsequent container_add()s. maybe have another
GTK_PARENT_BASIC (similar to GTK_PARENT_SENSITIVE) flag, to prevent
tree iterations upon every container addition.
* gdk_expose_compress: ala-Xt, this would really help for opaque moves and
* Entry should have a password mode (and it should show stars
for user feedback).
* Entry should allow set_usize to work better, and should compute
a different width when a maximum length is used.
* More dialogs: Print, GtkFontSelector, maybe others...
* Multiple document interface (MDI)?
* Support another widget style? Should be possible using GtkStyle's, but
there may be some work needed to remove any style dependencies in widget
code. Maybe GtkStyle's should have 'draw_push_button', 'draw_check_button',
etc, functions to draw the various widgets.
This will be covered by upcoming themability, raster is working on it.
* make the gtk_main callbacks consistent in their add/remove behaviour.
* More work on Documentation
* Check return values on all calls to XIC[Get/Set]Values
* Rewrite the interface to the i18n stuff so GTK widgets don't need to
retrieve X values, and so they don't have to know the value of the
XNxxx character constants.
* The "-geometry" option should be supported
- Having gdk_init() parse the geometry option. (putting it into
GDK means you can use XParseGeometry() without wrapping it)
- Add a call gdk_get_geometry() that retrieves the results
in a form like that returned by XParseGeometry()
- The application then can modify the results (as would gemvt)
then call a routine gtk_window_set_geometry() on whatever
it considers to be its main window.
- Then in some manner GtkWindow takes that into account when
setting its hints. (Probably it uses the size and position
as the current uposition and usize, and modulates that
be the equivalents of the X flags
XValue, YValue, WidthValue, HeightValue, XNegative, or YNegative
( You'd have to extend gdk_window_set_hints to accept the
window gravity option to get it right. )
? Allow moving the separator for paned widgets by dragging
it directly instead of using the handle.
? Mark public use of gtk_tree_remove_item as deprecated - it should be used
gtk_container_remove (GTK_CONTAINER(tree), widget);
* Standardize that all strings should be passed as gchar *, not
guchar *. But what about non-string data? (gdk_property_change,
gtk_selection_data_set) X makes these sort of things guchar...
* Check into XAddConnectionWatch - is this needed for XIM?
* Places where a _full variant is needed:
gtk_widget_dnd_data_set (should be guchar * with a copy?
shouldn't be there at all...)
* gtk_rc_add_[name/class]_style are broken for bg pixmaps, because
styles are broken for bg pixmaps, and RC styles only hack around
* Try to rationally deal with someone else deleting one of our
windows??? This would mean keeping track of our window heirarchy
ourselves, for one thing, and will never be safe, because of
* --g-fatal-warnings flag that does
* If a window spontaneously resizes itself N times before any
ConfigureNotify events are received, then due to the interaction
of the ConfigureNotify compression code in GDK and the resize
count used for the window, the window will be size_allocated
the next N-1 times it is moved.
Fix: Only send GDK_EVENT_CONFIGURE when the window is resized,
create a new event type for toplevel motion. (GDK_EVENT_REPOSITION?)
and eliminate the resize count in GtkWindow.
* Generic ScrolledWindow interface, which provide automatic scrollbar
capability to Viewport, Text, and CList widgets.
GTK_POLICY_NEVER for scrolled windows.
* Consider caching more state in GdkWindowPrivate. Currently,
every widget realization involves a XGetGeometry and a
XGetWindowAttributes. And every GdkWindow destruction
involves a XQueryTree.
* Scrolled windows need to be smarter about when they size-request/allocate
their children. In particular, we should not be queuing the resizes
on the toplevel window, but on the Viewport.
* Should all the default handlers really return FALSE? This can
cause confusing presses to be sent to containers that actually
want to get events on themselves.
* Fix block_resize, disable_resize.
* Buttons's should derive from Bin's. (GTK 2.0 change, breaks
lots of stuff)
- Really big font (150 pt), plus lots of editing caused segfault
- Unify the key binding support in some fashion between the
Entry and Text widget widgets (???)
- Figure out a way not to recompute the geometry on insertions/deletions
which are large, but not a significant fraction of the
entire text. (e.g., compute the changes as when the widget
is not frozen, but without the actual scrolling)
- Prune the line start cache. But since it is only 68 bytes
per line, and it is a lot faster when lines are in the cache,
it may be better not to, at least for now.
- Show the non-editable state by changing colors. (Use the
style entries for insensitive?)
- Multibyte support for the Text widget.
- Unicode support to do the multi-byte right.
- Support an .inputrc. (The readline one doesn't really work,
unless it is extended because it can't represent X keysyms,
just terminal type input)
- A vi mode
- Word wrap, instead of line folding. (Should the continuation
characters be shown?)
- Horizontal scrolling
- Disable pasting compound text
- When showing background pixmap (not editable) actually set
the background pixmap as the windows bg pixmap, to improve
appearance on exposes. But this would require using another
window to get the origins.
- In word wrap mode, break:
| Maximum column
- Blinking cursor
- API's : gtk_text_clear, gtk_text_delete_lines (gint start, gint end),
gtk_text_append/prepend, gtk_text_insert_at (gint row, gint column),
some function to get the row/column from the x/y-coordinates of a
mouse click, some function to get the word/line under the mouse pointer
[ From: Stefan Jeske <firstname.lastname@example.org> ]
- "changed" emitted when doing deletes on empty Text widget.