* Translations updated and added new ones.
* Make GTM work with galeon 2. Thanks to Philip Langdale
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for the patch.
* GTM can now detach from wget and let it run in the background.
Thanks to Robert Millan <email@example.com> for the patch.
* MIME support to open downloaded files. Thanks to Mark Heily
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for this patch.
* GTM now works with wget 1.8.1. Thanks to Philip Langdale
<email@example.com> for the patch. Many thanks to many others
who took the time to come up with a patch to fix this.
* The applet now opens GTM if the network is on. This is by default
off but you can change it on the applet properties.
* New proxy option to allow the user to use the same proxy options
for all the protocols. Thanks to Markus Saarinen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
for the piece of code.
* Updated translations
* Updated English manual and translated it to Portuguese
* Fixed bugs:
- When checking if the user could write to a certain
directory all the groups the user was in where not
checked so it was possible to write while the application
- Spec file rewrote to be more correct, thanks to Gregory
* OAF instead of gnorba, thanks to Christophe Fergeau
* Added support for HTTPS protocol since wget supports it but you
need to upgrade wget to 1.7
* New icons thanks to Paolo Bacchilega <email@example.com>
* Proxy settings are better looking now
* Timeout value for wget is configurable now
* Added new pref to run a shell command when all downloads
completed (in other words, when gtm has done all it can do without
* Fixed bugs:
- Crash when the config file was corrupted thanks to
Jo�o Alves Marques Carneiro <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Check that target dir exists and is writable
- Do not overwrite an existing file without asking the
user if he wants a override or a resume
- Fixed some problems in the spec file, thanks to Alex
* Added man pages of the gtm and gtm_applet thanks to Christian
* Fixed a couple of bugs
- The buttons on the download info page where not disable on
- Wrong error message if the file already existed in the download
dir when the new download was added. Replace the file to solve it
- Correct wrong English strings (thanks #i18n people)
- Wrong call to gtk_rc_get_style instead of gtk_widget_get_style
* Added new log text box to the application and removed all the
poping windows for download log events
* Added the ability to auto hide the download info page, controled
from the preferences dialog box
* Added a toolbar button to toggle the download info page (removed
the show download info page from the preferences dialog box)
* Master switch to pause the auto start of the downloads. Added new
preference to keep the state of the pause button after an
* Fixed UI problems on the preferences dialog box
* Compacted the download info page
* Fixed lots of bugs
- Make all the error dialog boxes parented so they don't go
away from the window generating the error
- Update the check interface time without a restart
- BUG 8
- When BUG 2 was fixed dialog for the numeric download was missed
- New icon on the list for the not started state (sourceforge
- When loading a file not downloaded gave an error of
already existing file
- If the auto download was unset because an error occurred
and the user had the option to stop download on a error this
auto download change was not saved on the configuration file
- Changing the auto download from the dialog properties
stopped the download
- If you do a restart the percentage on the list doesn't get
updated right away
- If the file size is unspecified the downloaded size and the
total and session time doesn't grow
- Hide the progress bar on the download info if it doesn't make
- If the download is complete show the downloaded file size
instead of unspecified in the case downloads of unknown size
* Sharpen the application icon
* New default settings for application first use.
* Totally redesign the applet properties box and also changed
the way download dir works in the applet add and new dialog boxes.
Now it's more consistent.
* Lots of BUG fixes (2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11)
* New application and applet icons
* New dialog box to add a list of files to be downloaded differing
only in a sequence number (code contributed by Matthew Tuck
* Fixed lot of error messages showing when network was down (thanks
to Gianluca Montecchi <email@example.com> for the patch)
* Scroll the file list to make the file just started visible
(automatically or manually started)
* Applet properly resizes to different panel sizes
* Fixed incorrect CORBA communication error messages reported to the
* Applet transparency problems solved. Now the applet properly
sets its background with different GTK themes and panel backgrounds
* GTM and GTM applet now set their icons (looks cool when iconized)
* Fixed wget timeout bad argument
* Added ability to drag files from GTM, also the new file dialogs
now accept drag data.
* New dialog box with list statistics thanks to Ross Arnold
* The application doesn't crash while starting up because the
CORBA bug was causing this
* Fixed a CORBA bug making the applet crash when a URL was dropped
or added from the dialog box. Or crash with option -g
* List order is now saved thanks thanks to Ross Arnold for the fix
* Better networking detection and also works on NetBSD. Thanks to
Ian Campbell <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Mario Kemper
<email@example.com> (the last one made it work on NetBSD)
* The gtm_applet saves a default properties to be used when it
doesn't have session properties to use.
* Now it is possible to disable the selection of the download dir
on the applet dialog boxes. Using this the gtm regexp or the default
are used instead.
* Fixed the problem making the total size reducing everytime a
download was continued (The stats went crazy because of this).
* Now it's possible to change the button click event of the
applet (thanks to Ross Arnold (<firstname.lastname@example.org>).
* Ross Arnold (<email@example.com>) added regular
expressions based on the download URL to select the download dir.
* Applet correctly transparent now (thanks to Ross Arnold
* Changed the confirm remove to confirm remove for incomplete files
and confirm remove complete files (thanks to Ross Arnold
* The proxy options can be set even if the global proxy is not used.
This is needed because the user might activate the proxy later and
wants to be sure the proxy options are correct.
* From the toolbar you can toggle the disable auto download option
for selected files.
* From the download info page it is possible to enable/disable auto
download or proxy usage.
* Nailed the bug making the progress stop working for files dropped
on the applet.
* With the new translation setup Kenneth Christiansen
(<firstname.lastname@example.org>) help me to put up GTM will be translated before a
* The file list is saved to disk not on the end but during program
usage. Now if program shutsdown (due to power failure on the machine)
you will not loose the large list you have to transfer.
* Added sound for events add to the list, transfer started and
transfer complete. A beep is possible instead of sound
* Moved the proxy configuration from the regular configuration to the
* Fixed a proxy bug that was almost invisible (thanks to
Damian Bickhoff <email@example.com>).
* Added new url to the menu of the applet
* Fixed the dialog box properties that was not applying changes.
* Fixed the miss calculation of estimated and remain sizes.
* Danish and Portuguese translations updated.
* Added the Korean translation of the program (thanks to Kang
* Applet stuff:
* Replaced the button for the newURL with a pixmap of a
empty tray that becomes full when you drop something on
the tray. You can click on the pixmap like you clicked on
* Moved button that starts GTM to a menu item
* The applet properties is saved when the panel requires it
* Properties dialog box to set the default download dir
(for the applet), disable/enable change of download dir on
the dialog add or new and disable/enable confirmation of
* CORBA interface no longer opens dialog boxes so they
must be added to the applet.
* Option to enable/disable confirmation of dropped URL
* Persistent of preferences is not delayed to program
finish but is done right after the preferences change
* Option to show/hide the download info page
* Saving of geometry includes height now. Loading of
geometry takes in account that the saved geometry could
be incorrect for the current gtk theme font
* An empty download dir appeared the first time stuff was
dragged to gtm_applet
* Added a command line option to make gtm send an URL
download request to him self (thanks to Ken Lierman
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for the patch)
* Prevented the user from adding duplicate URL
* Option to disable auto download when the user stops a
* Changed the order of the pages on dialog properties
* French translation (thanks to Christian Marillat
* Correct resize of the toolbar after changing style
* start label renamed to start/resume
* Danish translation of the program (thanks to Kenneth Christiansen
* New accelarators for the application
* Total redesign the preferences dialog box
* Total redesign the properties dialog box
* New dialog to add URL to download. With this you can drag more than
one URL at a time from gmc and gftp.
* New menu edit with:
- Select all
- Unselect all
- Properties (Moved from donwload menu)
* Changed the gtm CORBA interface:
- Open a dialog box to enter a new URL to download
- Open a dialog box with a list of URL to be added to the list
* Drag and drop from gftp (you need at least gftp-2.0.5a because the
author fixed some bugs on dnd) and gmc (I tested only this two but I
think it works with more programs I just didn't test it).
* New program preferences:
- Confirmation of remove
- Confirmation of restart
- Dialog box add can also change the default download dir like
dialog box new
* Portuguese translation updated.
* Bug fixes:
- Fixed the incorrect sizing of the application. Now the
download info page never gets clipped
- Some strings were untranslated and forgot to start the
translation system on the applet
- Some people using LC_ALL environment variable had problems
because wget messages got translated and gtm couldn't talk
- DND was not working on the file list and it is the only
place you can drag stuff (dropping URL to download on menus
and toolbar was stupid)
- Removed the predefined location of wget which was causing
problems to people installing gtm with rpm and used a
diferent location of wget
- Removed stupid information showing up when the file was
- The total and session speeds were all round down
- Disable auto download of a file when the user manually stops
* Bug fixes. The user important ones:
- When an error ocurred the download stopped but auto
download system started again showing the same error
message. Now after an error auto download is disabled for
the file with the error.
- Apply preferences signal for property boxs was ignoring
- When the URL had encoded characters they were not decoded
and the statistics stuff was dead but the file was
* Possibility to change the location of the file on the network using
properties dialog box.
* Portuguese translation updated.
* Lots of bug fixes. The user important ones:
- Drag and drop from netscape to applet was broken
- Incorrect statistical information
- Not using LANG=en_US and wget output was not correctly
processed and would make like the program didn't work for
people with other LANG then en_US. (thanks to Yuri Valentini
for pointing this out)
- Using setenv to set environment variables prevented the
program from working on Solaris
- Using libtool and it was not needed
* New and more useful interface. Also fixed some inconsistent stuff.
* Spec files are now compatible with rpms distributed with RedHat 6.0.
* Auto download. With this you can choose the number of simultaneous
downloads and when you connect to the network the program automatically
starts downloading the files. (thanks to Gianluca Montecchi
<email@example.com> for his help)
* Program icon for panel entries (thanks to Kevin Fox
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for the icon)
* Brazilian translation of the program (thanks to Marcus Brito
* New program preferences:
- Passive FTP
- Dialog new changes default download dir
- Show list statistics
- Show page statistics
* Update Portuguese translation
* Changed the applet to be more compact.
* Drag and drop changed. You can drag URL from netscape if you want to.
* Wget log processing now works fine and catches most common errors.
But doesn't yet support multiple file downloads with one URL. This
also make work the download information stuff.
* Spanish translation of desktop files thanks to
Ra�l Alexis Betancort Santana <email@example.com>.
* Fixed some CORBA related stuff.
* Fixed a stupid bug that blocked the program when the connection was
staled or slow
* Spanish translation of the program thanks to
Ra�l Alexis Betancort Santana <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Configure option to disable applet building.
* Italian translation of desktop files and help files thanks to
Gianluca Montecchi <email@example.com>.
* Changed a little bit the help files but they are still not very
* Added new popup menu to the list of downloaded files.
* More buttons on the toolbar. If it is too ugly or useful please
* Added a new properties dialog box to configure the files being
downloaded. This way it's possible to change options after using
the dialog box new.
* Added buttons and menus to give the user the chance to restart the
* Added new option to disable proxy when the user adds a new URL
* Added the Italian translation of the program (thanks to Gianluca
* Added a new panel applet to the package that interfaces with the
application using CORBA. This applet can be a good point to start
for other developers that want to use GTM to handle transfers
(for now only downloads but I think I can implement more). The
applet is capable of launching GTM, ask to open a new download URL
on GTM and accept links (using drag and drop) from netscape and
give them to GTM.
* Changed the method to make sure that only one GTM was running
using CORBA server instead of the pid.
* Added CORBA support but I don't know if I have implemented
correctly because I don't know well the technology. But it's working.
* Fixed some typos
* Complete proxy options
* Bug fixes
* Better translation
* Better gnome compliant application
* Help system has some things working
* Drag and drop support (thanks to Tim Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Portuguese translation (thanks to Jo�o Neves <email@example.com>)
* Global program preferences:
- Use proxy
- Default download directory
- Number of retries
- Toolbar style
- File list refresh rate"
* New toolbar with some handy buttons
* New download menu on main menu with start and stop options
* Menu and toolbar change with the currently selected download file
* List with information of the current download files
* Application bar at bottom with some information
* The wget is used to download the files and can be controlled with
start and stop options
* The program only allows one program running at a time per user
* Automatically saves/loads the current program state when the program
* Correctly handles some signals like SIGINT
* On the file list it's possible to change the speed and time columns
between total download and this session download
* Menu with "file/quit" and "help/about"
* About dialog
* Session management
* Internationalization support