* Fixed of ImageFont, DefaultFont and HGEImageFont to correctly override the
const method Font::getStringIndexAt.
* TabbedArea::isOpaque and TabbedArea::setOpaque have been added to
control if a tabbed area should draw its background or not.
* SDLImage::convertToDisplayFormat now throws an exception if conversion fails.
* Improved pkg-config/autotools support.
* Fixed text drawn outside of a TextField.
* Fixed focus issues when having a TextField inside a Tab.
* Fixed compilation with MSVC 2005 and 2008.
* Fixed selecting with arrow keys when DropDown is open skipping items
* Fixed DropDown inside a TabbedArea looking odd when dropped down.
* A couple of minor GCC 3.4.2. issues have been fixed.
* Add ons are now refered to as contribs all contribs have been added
to the main source directory under the contrib directory. All
contribs now also reside in a namespace called contrib.
* ScrollArea::isOpaque and ScrollArea::setOpaque have been added to
control if a scroll area should draw its background or not.
* DELETE is now undefined in Key.hpp if present. It should hopefully
take care of some problems with windows.h defining delete which
sometimes breaks Key.hpp.
* Soname support has been fixed. The correct version number should
now be used in the produced binaries.
* Widget::showPart has been added to be used when a specific
part of a widget should be visible. An example is when a text
area wants a specific text part to be visible in a scroll area.
This function uses BasicContainer::showWidgetPart.
* ListBox::setWrappingKeyboardSelection and
ListBox::isWrappingKeyboardSelection have been renamed to
ListBox::setWrappingEnabled and ListBox::isWrappingEnabled.
* Rectangle::intersect has been renamed to Rectangle::isIntersecting.
* Widget::hasModalFocus and Widget::hasModalMouseInputFocus has been
renamed to Widget::isModalFocused and Widget::isModalMouseInputFocused.
* Widget::generateAction has been renamed to
* All the examples have been improved. Examples have been added for
HGE, OpenGL with SDL and for OpenGL with Allegro.
* Widget::drawBorder, Widget::getBorderSize and Widget::setBorderSize
have been renamed to Widget::drawFrame, Widget::getFrameSize and
* The alignment enum in Graphics, the orientation enum in Slider and
the scroll policy enum in ScrollArea are no longer anonymous enums.
* RadioButton::setMarked and RadioButton::isMarked have been
renamed to RadioButton::setSelected and RadioButton::isSelected.
* CheckBox::setMarked, CheckBox::isMarked and CheckBox::toggle have been
renamed to CheckBox::setSelected, CheckBox::isSelected and
* An image button widget, a button capable of displaying an image,
has been added.
* A widget listener has been added used to listen for resized events,
hidden events, shown events and moved events from a widget.
* Two new widgets have been added, a tabbed area widget and a tab widget
to be used with the tabbed widget.
* A selection listener interface has been added used to listen for
value change events from a list box and a drop down.
* A bug has been fixed where mouse entered and exited events weren't
honored when a widget gained or released modal focus or modal mouse input
* An id property has been added to Widget. The property can be used to uniquely
identify widgets inside a container. BasicContainer and Container have been
enhanced with the ability to find a widget given an id. An id can be
useful when using GUIs created from an XML file or created with a Gui
* An OpenGL image loader that uses Allegro to load images has been
added along with an example of how to use Guichan with AllegroGL.
* A bug with setting the selection colour for DropDown has been fixed.
Before the fix the selection coloured was ignored by the internal
ListBox of DropDown.
* Distribution of mouse entered and mouse exited events have been fixed.
A mouse entered event is distributed to a widget when the mouse enters
a widget and a mouse exited event is distributed to a widget as soon
as the mouse leaves the widget.
* OpenGL true type font has been added as an add on. The font uses the OGLFT
font library, http://oglft.sourceforge.net/.
* A bug has been fixed where a segfault could occur when a drop down widget
* Button now has configurable spacing.
* A problem with make dist has been fixed to include the source of the
addons, the HGE support and the OpenLayer support.
* Focus has been changed to be applied synchronously, hence
FocusHandler::applyChanges has been removed.
* Mouse coordinates in mouse events have been changed so they always are
relative to the widget receiving the event and not as before relative to
the source widget.
* The distribution of key events has changed. Key events are now distributed
like mouse events, events are first distributed to the source widget followed
by the parents of the source widget.
* HGE support has been added.
* OpenLayer support has been added.
* A focus listener has been added. Due to the addition of a focus listener
the functions Widget::focusLost and Widget::focusGained have been removed.
To receive widget focus events a widget should now inherit from FocusListener
and listen for events from itself.
* Many small bug fixes.
* The functions add, remove and clear have been removed from Widget.
They now reside protected in basic container.
* Inclusion of OpenGL headers has been fixed on Mac.
* A lot of function definitions from BasicContainer have been moved down to
Widget, but Widget doesn't provide any useful implementations of these
functions. Useful implementations still reside in BasicContainer.
For container widget implementations inheriting from BasicContainer, as before,
should work just fine. The reason for the move of definitions is to be able to
consider a widget a container for the sake of simplicity when it comes to
distribution of input.
* The functions Widget::lostFocus andWidget::gotFocus have been renamed to
Widget::focusLost and Widget::focusGained.
* DeathListener is a new interface which can be used to listen for a widget's
death. Because of the presence of death listeners the function
BasicContainer::_announceDeath has been removed.
* MouseListener now has the function mouseDragged which is called if a widget
* All distribution of input is now handled by the Gui class. Because of this
all functions regarding input have been removed from the classes Widget
* All functions of KeyListener and MouseListener have been renamed. The reason
for this is that the functions now bear the names of the well known Java
listeners which will hopefully be more intuitive for most people.
* All input events can now be consumed making it easier to implement hot key
* Mouse input (now called mouse events) are now distributed bottom up starting
from the widget directly under the mouse.
* Widgets can now ask for modal mouse input focus. A widget with modal mouse input
focus will be the only widget recieving mouse input, no matter where the mouse
input occurs. This can be very useful for some widgets, like a drop down which
acquires modal mouse input focus when folded down to be able to fold back up as
soon as the mouse is pressed outside of the drop down.
* Events are now present in Guichan. All listener classes now take event classes
as parameters which is a very big API change. The presence of events has propagated
changes to all input classes to better reflect the new usage of events.
* DropDown now acts on mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down when having focus.
* ListBox now acts on mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down when having focus.
* Widgets will no longer acquire focus if a mouse wheel up or a mouse wheel down
occurs over a widget.
* The header exception.hpp is now included properly in openglsdlimageloader.hpp.
* Many small fixes.
* Slider now acts on the mouse wheel moving the slider to the left on
mouse wheel down and to the right on mouse wheen up.
* ListBox now has the ability to wrap keyboard selection. Wrapping means
that if the key up is pressed and the first item is selected, then
the last item will get selected. If the key down is pressed and the last
item is selected, then the first item will get selected.
* Redesign of the Image class. Image now has different subclasses for
different Graphics objects. The static method load in the Image class
loads the appropiate type of image if an ImageLoader is set.
* The function action in ActionListener now takes a pointer to the
Widget who called the function, it makes handling of action events,
* ScrollArea now scrolls if the open space around the markers is clicked.
* ScrollArea now has functions to set the amount to scroll when ScrollArea's
buttons are pushed, each button can have it's own amount.
* Changed the function name of Widget::hasFocus and FocusHandler::hasFocus
* Moved a lot of common container functionality into BasicContainer.
This made the code and API a lot cleaner. Affected classes are:
BasicContainer - now holds a lot of common functionality for containers.
Container - implementation is now a lot smaller.
Window - window now inherits from Container and can have several child
ScrollArea - smaller, nicer code.
TextBox & ListBox - Takes advantage of the new Container API to get rid
of a dynamic cast.
* Added drawBackground to ScrollArea to simplify overloading.
* Added functions for global KeyListeners in Gui. Global KeyListeners
can be just about any object inheriting from KeyListener.
* Fixed an offset by one error in AllegroGraphics::_beginDraw.
The initial clip area is now correct.
* Added alpha blending with SDL for 16bpp and 24 bpp mode.
* The GCN_EXCEPTION macro is now capable of determine the function in
which the exception was thrown. Also, you can get the function name
from the Exception class.
* Added a fix to make both versions of drawImage in
AllegroGraphics, OpenGLGraphics and SDLGraphics visible
* Optimized fillRect in SDLGraphics slightly when using alpha
blending. However, SDLGraphics still needs a lot of optimizing
in other parts.
* Removed the filename from the Image class, as it wasn't really
used for anything.
* Updated ImageFont with support for font images with several rows
* Added modal focus to widgets. Widgets can now request modal focus
stealing all input from other widgets. Can be useful when making
* Many small fixes.
* Every Guichan library now contains a C function which can be
used with autotools check, for instance the Guichan SDL library
contains the function gcnSDL wich can be used when struggling
with autoconf. Other functions are gcnAllegro in Guichan Allegro,
gcnOpenGL in Guichan OpenGL and gcnGuichanVersion in the Guichan
* Slider now stores only the current selected value and calculates
everything from that value. It should take care of some resizing
problems. Also, slider has now an orientation, which means you can
create a slider which has a vertical or horizontal orientation.
The previous slider had only a horizontal orientation.
* Fixed alpha problem with images loaded and displayed with SDL.
* Added a new widget, the window widget.
* SDL.h is now included the proper way meaning you can install
SDL anywhere and Guichan will include the right headers as long
as sdl-config knows where the headers are.
* Added ability to disable widgets.
* Changed slightly how focus works. Focus is now applied after the
input is processed. This resolved some problems when widgets
fight over focus.
* Changed the behaviour of the mouse handling. Widgets will get
mouse input if the mouse is dragged outside of the widget,
even if they don't have focus.
* Many small fixes.
* Added isPressed() method to the Button.
* Doubleclicking now works with SDL
* Added --enable-force argument for Allegro, SDL, SDL Image and OpenGL
to the configure script which forces Guichan to compile with the
* Updated platform.hpp to be able to handle compilation with MinGW.
* Splited DECLSPEC define into GCN_CORE_DECLSPEC and
* Fixed bugs in ScrollArea and DropDown involving focus and mouse input,
* Changed the look when CheckBox is marked.
* Changed the look when CheckBox and RadioButton are focused.
They now draw a rectangle around their captions (common behaivour in Guis).
* Removed unaccesary logic functions (which didn't do anything) in
widget RadioButton and CheckBox.
* Added a new widget called Slider, and it is a... slider!
* Removed getWidth for glyphs in Font.
* Removed function drawGlyph in Font and in addon SDLTrueTypeFont.
Added drawGlyph function in ImageFont and DefaultFont.
drawGlyph in Font is easy to missunderstand and could lead to
strange implementations of Font.
* Added getCurrentClipArea function in Graphics.
* All functions in container are now virtual (thanks to Garo pointing this out).
* Added function setSize in Widget.
* Added an "addons" directory in the distrobution. It will contain
usefull classes with Guichan that are not compiled into the library.
They are not compiled because they need dependencies other then
Guichans or are to specific. For now, "addons" only contain one
class, SDLTrueTypeFont giving True Type Font abilities to Guichan
through the SDL_ttf library and hence will only work with SDLGraphics.
SDLTrueTypeFont was contributed by Walluce Pinkham (and edited by us).
Thank you Walluce!
* Added getColor function in Graphics. Implemented in SDLGraphics,
AllegroGraphics and OpenGLGraphics.
* Fixed a problem with the DropDown widget. When the widget was focused
with a mouse press, you couldn't select elements with up and down keys.
* Merged drawText, drawTextCenter and drawTextRight into one function
drawText which takes an alignment parameter (thanks Ted!).
Widgets taking advantage of this are Button and Label.
* As a result of the added border support, almost every widget have
been changed for the better, e.g removal of offsets.
* Added support for borders. This is a major API change introducing
some new functions to Widget.
* Lots of small bugfixes
* Guichan_allegro MSVC 6 compatibility fix.
* TextBox doesn't draw its caret if its not editable.
* Better exception with more information in ImageFont,
added row spacing and glyph spacing functions.
* Fixed problem in ImageFont when loading a corrupt file.
It will now throw an exception (thanks Terin!).
* Implemented _getRawData() in AllegroImageLoader.
* Fixed Image. It is now overloadable.
* DropDown sets the colors for its internal widgets if they are
not custom widgets (not given to the DropDown by the user).
* Now all default widgets respect the alpha channel in the colors.
* Non focusable widgets will now not recieve key input ever.
In previous version, focused widgets would still remain focused
after setting them to not be focusable.
* Moved tab handling from Gui to the FocusHandler.
* Splitted setTabable to setTabInEnabled and setTabOutEnabled.
Widgets can now have different behaviours on tab in and tab out.
The old setTabable is equivalent to setTabInEnabled.
* isVisisble now checks if parent is visible
* Added alpha channel support in AllegroGraphics for
* Added experimental alpha channel support in SDLGraphics
for 32 bpp
* Added full alpha channel support in OpenGLGraphics
* Fixed OpenGL graphics to disable GL_LIGHTING before draw
* Fixed container problem. Nonvisible widgets no longer
recieves mouse input.
* Fixed mouse out problem with SDLInput
* Fixed alpha problem with the SDLImageLoader
* Initial release