* add a free book.
* remove something that may have IP problem.
* make new logos.
* delete 4 images.
* delete some help files.
* Change name to ho22bus.
* use GtkAboutDialog now.
* use xdg-open to view doc (html format).
* If there is no RealPeopleTTS,then use espeak.
* Fork reciteword-0.8.4 by YunQiang Su <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- replace esound with aplay (done by Aron Xu).
- replace skin to rw(zh_CN) and rw_en(en,default). (legal consideration)
- replace old rwdict icon with icon of stardict.
- add a translatable string to determine which skin to use.
- not using skin in configfile temporarily.
- some modify of skin, make it can accept absolute path (for future system wide configfile).
2007-11-28 reciteword-0.8.4 (The past youth)
Another maintain version.
* Fix 64-bit compile problem.
* Update books.
* Improve windows installer.
2006-03-27 reciteword-0.8.3 (complete)
More than two years have past, so comes this version without much changes.
* Update books.
* Usability improve on Fedora core 5.
2003-07-02 reciteword-0.8.2 (perfect series: the third)
It is 4 months since the previous release, but i only cost 2 days to maintain this new release :)
* Some usability improves.
* Ctrl-BackSpace can clear the entry.
* GNOME2.2 StartupNotify.
* Install path changed.
* Windows port become stable, with an installer.
This is the "perfect again" edition,except that the windows edition of reciteword is very not stable.
i only cost few days on this vesion, make it more convenience to use.
* Windows edition.As gtk2 's win32 support is much better,this version can run properly,but it is not stable.
* The phonetic display label is rewritten,it is much faster when moving in the GtkFixed widget.
* More small setting in Preferences dialog.
* More keyboard accelerator.
* Choosebook's list can sort now.Add the personal books directory support.
* Chooseword dialog 's more smart.
* Update books.
This is the perfect edition :) i will turned to spend more time on other projects.
Code: 22900 lines.
* A new skin,thanks to BuWeiming's hard work.The English skin will be out soon.
* The preferences window,incluing the skins,fonts settings.
* Revise_test will record your mark,and the Mark window.
* User's setting file will been save in ~/.reciteword/
* Many little changes,i.e. cursors change,Alt-Z to iconify etc.
* Dict 's real-time search setting.
* Play sound event when menu is show,button is active.
* Firstrecite_test's "return to group" dialog,Revise_test's dialog added the "return to chooseword" radio.
* Added some new books.
* Dict's icon,and it is add to the gnome menu.
* Freebsd4.7 portion.
* I have reported those gtk-win32 buges,and they have been fixed,so ReciteWord's windows edition will be out soon.
Now i spend more time on using this software than developing this software :)
Code: 21200 lines.
* Generate the default setting when run at the first time.
* Shooting,typing's checkbuttons,chooseword,readword,pause buttons can work now.
* Pause when the main menu get shown.
* Drag on the upper of the window can move the window.
* Help window.
* Make most length,headchar,sndeffect checkbuttons work.
* Revise-group's button can display the group index.
* Add some lables to show the current word index etc.
* Shooting 's cntoen can work now.
* Bug fixes,detail optimization.
This version make reciteword being a useful tool.
Code: 19300 lines.
* Full changed to autoconf,automake.Made rpm packages to make it easy to install.
* Internationalization supported.
* Book file changed to UTF-8 coding.Choosebook strengthen.
* Firstrecite-group,chooseword strengthen.Disorder checkbuttons can work now.
* Firstrecite-skim,firstrecite-test,revise-test,revise-skim's checkbuttons come out,half can work.
* Chooseword,readword buttons can work.
* Play sound using theads,it is much more efficiency.
* Dict change to search in real time,code optimization.
* Kerboard accelerator strengthen,main menu strengthen.
* Revise-test will collect your hard to recite words automatically.
* Mouse wheel support.
* Win32 porting 's bugs fixed,only left some bug rely to gtk2 win32 port's bug,see README.win32 for details.
For some reason,reciteword's development is stoped for nearly 4 mouths.I continued developing in 8.31.
Code: 16700 lines.
* Ported form gtk1.2 to gtk2,not using any deprecated functions.
* Change from Makefile to Autoconf,Automake,but not full changed.
* Choosebook can work,incluing almost 400 books,they are converted form "bdc","wordlover","wyabdc".
* Have the RealPeopleTTS,the words can be read when reciting.It comes from wyabdc,many thanks to it's author xiaozima,http://www.zhimajie.net.
* Sound effect is much more full supported.
* Basic Keyboard Accelerator support.
* Know,rest,help have the basic form,i will add detail functions in the later version.
* Many little changes,bug fixes.
* Win32 port.Using Dev-C++,now it can be compiled successfully,and the main form can be display,but it can't work properly.
Code: 10400 lines.
* Shooting can work.
* Typing can work,including fingering tips and speed recorder.
* Chooseword form.
* Firstrecite-group,revise-group 's function is more powerful.
* Font size,color and many little changes to make it looks well and easy to use.
* Phonetic can be display now.
* Wordlover's book files convertion tool.
* Yelang's dict code included,using xdict 's engine and data file.
It works well.
Code: 6900 lines.
* Fistrecite-test's entry is fresh new,instead of the gtk's entry.
* Revise-group,revise-test,revise-skim have the basic functions.
* Save the settings.
* Simple sound effect.
Code: 3800 lines.
* Book file format.
* Firstcite-group,firstrecite-skim,firstrecite-test have the basic functions,it can work now.
Code: 1800 lines.
* About,dict and main form.
2002-02-26 Start this project.