* Several improvements for optimizer tabs (mark deselected images, allow changing
optimizer variables for all selected images at once, option to ignore line cp)
* hugin_stacker: New tool to stack overlapping images.
* Hugin: Added option to disable auto-rotation of images in control point and mask editor.
* Nona, verdandi and hugin_stacker can now write BigTIFF images (for files >4 GB).
* Added expression parser to GUI: This allows to manipulate several image variables at
once. (This is the same as running pto_var --set from the command line.)
* Add user-defined assistant and expose it in the GUI. It allows to set up different
assistant strategies without the need to recompiling. Provide also some examples
(scanned images, multi-row panoramas with orphaned images, single-shot panorama
* Several fixes for working with HDR images (display in GUI, photometric optimizer,
handling of under/over exposured pixels in merging code).
* Expose shipped user defined output sequences in GUI as own sub-menu.
* Added some more user defined output sequences (layered TIFF, cube faces) and
added new placeholder %sourceimage% to user defined output sequence.
* Optimizer tabs uses now checkboxes instead of bold underlined font for marking
of variables to be optimized.
* Use wxWidgets help windows instead of default browser (Linux&Mac only,
this provides table of content, index and full text search in help files).
* Added special assistant variant for single image projects.
* Cpfind does not downscale images smaller than 2000 pixels.
* Fixes handling of masks in cpfind when images needs remapping for cp finding.
* Display of final panorama dimensions on stitcher tab.
* Sometimes unsaved changes were disregarded without asking the user (e.g. when loading
a project via the recently used projects list). Unsaved changes should now always
require user confirmation).
* Allow reading of image positions from Papywizard XML files.
* Internal blender and verdandi got the possibility to blend seams as alternative to
current hard seam.
* The display of the control point error (after optimizing and in fast preview window)
and the control point list window can now limited to take only control points in active
images into account (menu Edit>Optimize only active images, connected with the setting
on the optimizer tab).
* Improvements to mask tab in Hugin (edit crop of all images of the same lens at once) and
find panorama dialog in PTBatcherGUI (remove images from found panoramas, split found
panorama into two).
* Several improvements for Mac OS.
* Fixes several issues with fast preview window which could result in random crashes
(uninitialized variables, memory leaks).
* Added user defined output. The user can define own output sequences to implement
new use cases, e.g. zero noise output.
* Added --clip-exposure switch to nona to automatically mask over and under exposed
areas in input images.
* Color management
** GUI tools (Hugin, calibrate_lens_gui) take ICC profiles in files and monitor
color profile into account to display images.
** celeste and cpfind converts internal image to sRGB before working.
* Some buttons got a context menu for easier access to some function
** Show all in fast preview window to allow better interaction with stacked projects
** Celeste in cp tab: the button can now create cp or clean cp
* Updated internal levmar library to version 2.6
* The identify tool in the fast preview window shows now also the image numbers on top
of the images. (This can be suppressed by pressing the alt button).
* Fixes internal image format for GPU remapping. This should fix the "unsupported
* Use own code for OpenGL intialization. Now freeglut is not needed anymore.
(This should prevent the appearing of window when running "nona -g". Linux/Window only)
* Control point and mask editor retain viewpoint when changing zoom factor.
* PTBatcherGUI: Minimize to tray is now user configurable.
* Fixes a bug in photometric optimizer and merge projects with line control points.
* stability and speed improvements
* new stitching engine
* new blender verdandi
* own camera and lens database
* preview window: new tool to add or remove control points
* automatic exposure stack detection when loading images,
* fine-tune and auto-estimate functions are now projection aware
* PTBatcherGUI: more options for end of process
* PTBatcherGUI now shows the thumbnails when searching for images in directories.
* inherit many of the libpano improvements (of version 2.9.19)
* the translation plane variables Tpy and Tpp have been added to the GUI
(better support for translation parameter, e.g. for nadir images, also pano with
translation parameters can now rotated)
* improvement of the GPU remapping code (bug fixes in the glue code, added some missing
GPU transformation, now also fisheye lenses are supported by GPU code)
* better support for line control point in Control points tab (it still requires that
the same image is displayed left and right for full features, but also better support
for line control points above several images)
* obsolete programs matchpoint, nona_gui and PTBatcher have been removed
* outdated translation have been removed from the default install
* initialize the colour balance values during loading with EXIF values
(this information is only stored and decoded by some cameras
(mainly models by Panasonic, Pentax, Olympus, Nikon))
* improved the assistant
* allow customization of exiftool command used to copy metadata to output images
* new command line tools for CLI processing
** pto_mask: manipulate mask in project file
** pto_template: apply template to project file
** pto_move: move or copy project files with all associated images
* Redesign of the User Interface: The User Interface now features a Simple, Advanced and
* New tools added:
** pto_var ( change image variables inside pto files)
** pto_lensstack (modify assigned lenses and stack in pto files)
** geocpset ( add geometric contraints for multirow panorama with featureless images)
* Completely rewritten internal helpfiles to reflect new User interface(s) and functionalities
* many bugfixes
* Integration of lensfun library
* New tool in scripting: pto_gen
* Many bugfixes
* Vertical feature detector for automatic levelling of panoramas
* Bugfix release
* New Lens Calibrator. A tool to calibrate lens correction parameters on the basis of
reference shots containing straight lines.
* Hugin Scripting Interface (HSI). Access Hugin's functionality from Python
* Hugin Plugin Interface (HPI). Write Plugins in Python and run them within Hugin
* Hugin Batch Processor is the default GUI to control the stitching process,
replaces the primitive hugin_stitch_project
* Main new feature: Overview in the Fast Preview (GSoC 2010 project).
* Improved cpfind for fisheye and wide angle images.
* New Gray Picker for color tuning.
* Extended functionality in align_image_stack for the alignment of stereo images.
This is the first version of Hugin that can be considered feature-complete:
* Built-in patent-free control points generator
* Refactored Makefile library
* Improved unattended operation, interaction and functionality, reporting of stitching and
* New command line tools cpfind and icpfind
* Many libraries and build improvements
* Migration of issue trackers from SourceForge to Launchpad
* New visual identity, reorganized for easier editing in the future
* New layout mode
* New Masking tool
* New Mosaics stitching mode
* Linked bracketing
* Sophisticated control point detection modes
* Support for new lens types
* Codebase migrated from Subversion to Mercurial
* Improved usability, particularly of the fast preview
* deghosting in the GUI
* automatic lens calibration (research tool as basis for future development)
* control point cleaning
* plenty of incremental improvements
* New naming scheme. Major version number is the year of release.
Minor version number is the counter of releases during the year.
Even minor numbers (starting with 0) are stable releases.
Odd minor numbers are development releases.
Integrating of Goggle Sommer of Code 2008 results
* Fast Preview window: OpenGL accelerated preview window
* Celeste sky identification
* New panorama projections: Pannini, Biplane and Triplane, and Orthographic and Equisolid
* Batch Processor for stitching projects