# Classical Tibetan syllable spellchecker for Hunspell
You can find here the necessary files to use spell checking for Classical Tibetan at syllable level (not composed words) in [Hunspell](http://hunspell.sourceforge.net/) (used in [many applications](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunspell#Uses)).
Note that checking compound words for Tibetan is not possible with hunspell alone due to the absence of separation between words.
#### Global installation
Under Linux or OSX, you can install the spellchecker globally and benefit from it in most applications.
- under Linux, copy `bo.dic` and `bo.aff` to `/usr/share/hunspell`. We are trying to make the spellchecker available in Debian/Ubuntu as `hunspell-bo` package (not ready yet).
- Under OSX, copy `bo.dic` and `bo.aff` to `/Library/Spelling` and restart your machine.
#### Application-specific installation
- for Firefox, [an extension](https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/tibetan-spellchecker/) is released
- for LibreOffice/OpenOffice, an extension will be released too
- for Adobe products (>= CS5.5), see the instructions on [this page](http://blog.napsys.com/2012/11/adding-hyphenation-and-spelling.html)
The sources for these extensions are in the [firefox](firefox/) and [lo](lo/) directories. To build them, run `make`.
## Building / Testing
To rebuild `bo.dic` from the data in [tibetan-spellchecker](https://github.com/eroux/tibetan-spellchecker), run
For a small test, run
This work and the derived files are under the [Creative Commons CC0 license](LICENSE).