id-utils TODO - Future directions
- Add comments to all substantive functions
- Fix file name handling for non-UNIX file systems
(notably DOS, Windoze & OS/2).
- Fix assumption that (sizeof (int) == sizeof (long))
- Integrate changes for MSDOS via djgpp
- Port to cygwin
- configure gcc warning flags
- remove arbitrary buffer-size limits and unsafe libc functions (e.g., gets)
- use "long long" (if available) integer comparisons
in query_number ().
* mkid & lid
- store & retrieve floating point literals
- automatically crack (optionally gzipped or compressed) tar files, so
you can index and search archived source without having to unpack it.
- reset access times
- Reinstate "-" on command-line, meaning read stdin for newline-separated args.
- Add times(2) results to statistics output.
- Scale statistics base unit (KB, MB, GB)
- detect and avoid cycles in the tree induced by symlinks to /.
- report dangling symlinks as such, rather than just saying "can't stat"
- don't gripe about dangling symlinks if file won't be scanned anyway
- (Optinally?) store tokenized contents of comments.
- Store attributes with symbols: type, func, variable struct-tag
enum-tag, keyword, etc. Store caller/callee relationships between
identifiers. Indicate which files have defns vs. uses. This info
is needed to support a cscope interface.
- treat \ specially for TeX files and do likewise with @ for Texinfo.
- line-buffer verbose output
- add a cscope work-alike query interface
- rewrite scanners to be scanner/parsers that can distinguish defn
from use, lvalues from rvalues, types from vars from funcs from macros.
- Hack GNU grep to use a mkid database for hints about which files to