## Imview change log
Changes to Imview-1.1.9: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 7 Jun 2007--
* Improved support for OS/X, now the main menu is native (but non-dynamic, an FLTK problem). The
non-native menu is present, but hidden. A bundle .app can be created easily, DnD works, Imview can
be assigned to read many image formats by default, and more.
* '=' shortcut reverts the zoom to 1.0
* Improved the raw reader, now writes a header (<filename>.ivh) than imview reads back in when present.
* Version 1.1.x for win32 compiles again
* cross-compiling again supported (off-again, on-again :-)
* Fixed the raw (arbitrary) panel, now byte swapping works (thanks to Teemu Ikonen), and upon re-reading the
header, the correct fields are filled. Also the title is green and the message is different if a header was
been read effectively.
* Fixed correct display of pixel data for FLOAT type (thanks to Teemu Ikonen)
* Restarted work for an improved version of imview on Windows (the stable version is long in the tooth)
* Added the ITK Meta format input reader.
* Fixed many bugs in the PPM reader.
Changes to Imview-1-1.8: Hugues Talbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> 28 February 2005 -- 06 June 2007
* Improved support fo x86_64 under Linux-FC3. Compiler problem fixed.
* Fixed profile preview crash.
* Started work on proper 3D viewer with sagittal etc views.
* Worked on special PGM version (3D, long and floats) for PINK (Pink Is Not Khoros)
* Worked on fixing problems with Magick under MacOS/X, a.k.a Darwin
* Some work to create a real executable bundle under OS/X. Not terribly successful
* Some work to make DnD work under OS/X.
Changes to Imview-1.1.7: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 25 June 2004 -- 28 February 2005
* Few Bug fixes, improved support on Mac OS/X
Changes to Imview-1.1.6: Hugues Talbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> 22 June 2004 -- 22 June 2004
* Drawing point mode
* Modified the toolbar a bit (now with proper tooltips)
* Fixed bug with redrawing of points re-read from a pointfile (they were filled in)
* Fixed break immediately following a break in pointfile (no longer allowed)
* Fixed add point mode, which required shift-rightclick to make a break. Use shift-R to
Changes to Imview-1.1.5: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 01 June 2004 -- 22 June 2004
* Improved PS reader, somewhat inspired by the reader from ImageMagick.
* Making imview compile again on Cygwin and Mingw. Currently it compile on mingw32 cross-compiled
from Linux but doesn't run (why?)
* Changes in configure.in due to feedback from users (missing libraries, better understanding of
Changes to Imview-1.1.4: Hugues Talbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> 22 December 2003 -- 01 June 2004
* Made imview compile and run fine again on MacOS/X. This requires version 10.3.x at present, I don't have
access to any other. The main part was the redesign of the jobbg() function which uses fork(). Now there
is a double redirection in there as under Carbon, using the GUI is forbidden after fork(), one has to do
Changes to Imview-1.1.3: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 08-November 2003 -- 22 December 2003
* Corrected several misconceptions about nbcomps vs. nbsamples
* As a result, the spectrum panel now works again ; as this is important, this is a new bugfix release.
* Jan (firstname.lastname@example.org) changed some interal logic in the configure.in file
* Made it compile with CYGWIN again
Changes to Imview-1.1.2: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 15 May 2003 -- 07 November 2003
* Alt-shift-R strong redraws and reverts the zoom factor to 1.0
* Non-alt zoom keys (i.e: < > . and ,) now change the *default* zoom factor.
* Fixed a redraw problem in 1.1.1, scrollbar not getting overwritten in window-fit-image
display policy mode. Did this without needing yet another redraw.
* Removed dependency on old HelpDialog, now using the fltk-1.1.x standard version.
* Added fullscreen mode, the image is shown full screen (Xinerama aware) with
no menu and a black border and the image is made to fit the screen as well
as possible. Not tested with Windows.
* Added 2 display modes: image fits to window and image/window decoupled
* Fixed bug in handling of profile of images with number of components equal
to precisely 1 or 3.
* Global min/max for 3D and multispectral images. Cached for 3D (no point for
* Slider / input value dialog for selecting sample -- 3D, spectrum, frame
* Separated spectrum and 3D depth profiles (previously merged).
* More tooltips.
* Fixed underflow bug in my_Image.cxx introduced by using char* instead of uchar*.
* Changed preferences to the FLTK mechanism (simpler and somewhat more powerful).
Changes to Imview-1.1.1: Hugues Talbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> 28 Apr 2003 -- 15 May 2003
* Ported to FLTK-1.1.x
* Using more powerful file chooser (choose multiple files, create directory, preview)
* Added a few tooltips (just to test!) to 1-D profile dialog.
* Imported all relevant changes from 1.0.1
Changes to Imview-1.1.0: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 28 Apr 2003 -- 28 Apr 2003
* Branch to work on new version based on FLTK 1.1.x
Changes to Imview-1.0.1: Hugues Talbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> 28 Apr 2003 -- 13 May 2003
* This is a bug fix release, no new feature
* Branch from main trunk for maintenance
* Cosmetic changes: spectrum and profile panels
* Changes in ASCII documentation (README)
* Vast but subtle changes in configure.in, Makefile.in -- Imview compiles again everywhere.
* Changes for icc (Intel Compiler) 7.1 on Linux
* Make rpm works again
* Added <make manifest> target and MANIFEST file
* Modified <make checkout> to not make it require a tag (harder with branching)
* Added changes to socketstream.cxx to make it compile with gcc-2.95.x, which all lack
* Added compilation HOWTO for MSVC++ 6.0, including how to compile the various libraries
* Bug fix in gplot2.cxx, no longer crashes if the pipe does not open (as always on Windows)
* Added missing stub for overlay
* Added .iss file for windows installer
* Added config.sub and config.guess -- Why are those suddently necessary ?
* Checked for more ISO/C++ non conformance
* Added switch to ./configure to specify an fltk compile directory (not necessarily installed).
* Many many changes in configure.in to make the build system allegedly more robust. Ha.
Changes to Imview-1.0.0: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 28 Apr 2002 -- 28 Apr 2003
* Branch to continue working with FLTK 1.0.x version.
Changes to Imview-0.9.9: Hugues Talbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> 18 Apr 2002 -- 28 Apr 2003
* Fixed small problem with NULL image list
* Added backspace as a shortcut to go back in the image list
* Fixed number width problem in profile box.
* Compiled for Tru64 and Solaris, numerous little fixes in the distribution.
* Put the HTML online documentation in doc/
* Revamped web site http://www.cmis.csiro.au/Hugues.Talbot/imview
* Officially released imview (to the FLTK mailing list and the Bazaar)
* Fixed bug in point list handling on windows (when deleting points using the selection tool)
* Compiled version for windows again
* Fixed bug in authentication of usernames with spaces in them (common on windows)
* Fixed bug in reading of Z-IMAGE file formats with DOUBLE data type: there were potential
for an infinite loop.
* A little more STL-compliance in pointfile.cxx (removed one hand-made loop with 3 algorithms).
* Fixed more bugs about username with spaces in them. NOTE: client code needs to be fixed as well.
* Added the -fit switch for image display. In this mode (stretch to fit) imview does not allow
scrollbars: the image always fits the window. Arbitrary aspect ratios are allowed too.
* TCP/IP client code linked in (simple TCP socket wrapper).
* Added the ability to link two or more imview windows (zooming on one zooms on the other).
* Added support for POSIX IPC. Unfortunately only works well on Tru64 at present.
* Fixed numerous issues with dialogs which resize very poorly. Resizing dialogs that allow
it should not result in larger buttons, etc.
* Added the -fit options to emulate a `stretch to fit' mode to imview. In that mode
resizing the main window is unconstrained and the image in it fills the window completely.
changing the aspect ratio of an image is therefore possible. This mode is incompatible with
* Main menu can be hidden and shown again dynamically.
* Imview can be used as a plugin for Mozilla (see Mozilla doc, nothing special, specify `imview'
as the window title.
* Saving of the raw data has been added. This is very useful in combination with the dialog
that allows reading of arbitrary uncompressed image data. Previously once the unknown format
image has been loaded nothing could be done with it but view it. You could save it if it was
2D, 8-bit grey-level or RGB data. However if it was 3D or non-8-bit data or multispectral then
nothing much could be done.
Changes to Imview-0.9.8: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 1 Jun 2001 -- 17 Apr 2002
* Changed config.h to imcfg.h and made sure we are including the right
one on top of that.
* Ed found a new bug in window positioning, still partly eluding me,
under some circumstances dealing with windows manager preferences
and display command through the interpreter. Now the main window
gets the right size but still gets shifted to the middle of the screen.
* fixed bug with zoom + pan (hopefully), using synchronization option (-sync)
* added a bunch of command-line options to hide the menubar, disable the menubar,
disable some keyboard shortcut, and prevent users quitting imview.
* added a bunch of show/hide commands through the interpreter to show or
hide each imview dialog boxes.
* added a pan command (much easier than zoom box).
* optimized pointfile handling with line drawing. Imview was very slow
at drawing lines when the number of point exceeded a few hundreds.
* changed the pointfile saving semantic. Now a pointfile loaded into
an image will not be modified without the user's interaction (before it
was overwritten on image swapping and quitting the program, now a backup
is made, with the name <poinfile name>.bak).
* Annick pointed out a couple of bugs in the profile box.
* Empty pointfiles now get saved to empty if done through the menu (never by default).
* Fixed bug in profile line redraw
* Fixed bug in menubar management (bug occured when an image did not open properly:
path to image was freed too early)
* Fixed bug in readpnm. Even though an RGB image was read only buffp only had room
for one buffer.
* Added missing hiding button on the toolbar.
* Changed the splash screen to a much nicer image (some people don't like it, eh).
* RGB transfer panel (major piece of work).
Changes to Imview-0.9.8: Kevin Cheong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Added An extra icon at the end of the toolbar + cb that hides the toobar.
Currently I'm reusing one of the other XPMs. We'll need an
appropriate pixmap for "hiding".
* added Support for auto-loading an image's LUTs, if it exists.
* Support for auto-loading an image's pointfile, if it exists.
Logic still needs to be sorted out here.
* Small updates to a few files, so that it'll compile on MSVC++,
however I've not committed the .dsp/.dsw files. Still playing
around with them. I don't know why (yet) the pop consoles
when imview is executed.
Changes to Imview-0.9.7: Hugues Talbot <email@example.com> 7 Mar 2001 -- 31 Mar 2001
* Fixed very weird crashes with -server -debug under DEC Unix 4.x
* Removed the check for inline in autoconf. This is creating too much trouble!
* fixed incorrect saving of greyscale images via the ImageMagick
* Fixed the named pipe problem (example in the client directory).
* *Maybe* fixed the redirection problem (> /dev/null => port number
* Imview compiles and works fine on Solaris 2.5.1 again.
* Added clearing the pointfile from the socket.
* Fixed bug in ApplyParameter, which was called sometimes when
no images were loaded.
* added -no_dblbuf option to turn off double-buffering at zoom = 1.0,
which sometimes creates problems.
* added access to (some) imview variables from the interpreter.
* fixed offset not saved when saving images to formats that support it.
Changes to Imview-0.9.6: Hugues Talbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> 15 Feb 2001 -- 6 Mar 2001
* Fixed flip + annotation problem.
* Overlay over sockets now work.
* Fixed saved pointfile to wrong format when annotation present
but image still 2D grey-level only.
* started working on overlay again. Added transparency. Alpha
blending is easy but there is an issue with keeping the original
data to access it again (as point information, profiles, etc).
For the moment there is a hack in place.
* Work on the overlay under way. I'm using a parallel mechanism
to the normal I/O. This means writing another helper function
for each image type, but is more efficient than simply re-using
the existing I/O, which entails a copy of the data structures.
For the moment only TIFF & Z-images. Other types to follow soon.
* Made the rendering process more consitent. CLUT, gamma and
overlay are now compatible with each other to some degree (not
* Changed the convertXXX functions to a template, and added a
number of features to the conversion. RGB images can have their
3 components separated, fitchar can be done on a sample basis
or on all samples, non-char images that can be cast to char
don't need to be now.
* Added new features to points: they can be hidden and can
have varying radii. Also an annotated point appears filled
in now (rather than just the outline of a disk).
o new bug: redirection of stdout to /dev/null interferes with
server, try ./imview -server -portfile toto >/dev/null
it display  in the title. The server is started correctly
Changes to Imview-0.9.5:
* bug fix: the -display xx:xx switch was broken.
Changes to Imview-0.9.4:
* fixed bug with mass point deletion
* improved points rotation (now rotates with the image). Still broken when
reading the image back in
Changes to Imview-0.9.3:
* More comprehensive configure.in tests for C++ compliance. Lots
of problems with templates and array arguments! Both DEC cxx and g++
are bad pieces of work there.
* Made multi-platform build work.
* Point annotation now works
o Mode (Zoom, measure, select, add, remove, edit)
o Simple transforms (Rotate, flips)
Changes to Imview-0.9.2:
* Re-organized client help.
* Made client code part of distribution.
* Added raise, hide and size function for client.
* Build to RPM now works.
Changes to Imview-0.9.1:
* Added licence & (no) warranty menu items
* Added install target to makefile
Changes to Imview-0.9.0:
* This is the first pre-release version.
* See doc/imview.tex for a complete log of changes since 0.0.1
* PDF documentation (LaTeXPdf)