See the [CONTRIBUTING](CONTRIBUTING.md) guide. Specifically:
Start ITK commit messages with a standard prefix (and a space):
* BUG: fix for runtime crash or incorrect result
* COMP: compiler error or warning fix
* DOC: documentation change
* ENH: new functionality
* PERF: performance improvement
* STYLE: no logic impact (indentation, comments)
* WIP: Work In Progress not ready for merge
Provide a short, meaningful message that describes the change you made.
When the PR is based on a single commit, the commit message is usually left as the PR message.
A [reference to a related issue or pull request](https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/#referencing-issues-and-pull-requests) in your repository. You can automatically [close a related issues using keywords](https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/)
[@mentions](https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/#mentioning-people-and-teams) of the person or team responsible for reviewing proposed changes.
Thanks for contributing to ITK!