InVesalius was originally created in late 2002 at CTI Renato Archer Research Centre, of the Ministry of Science and Technology in Campinas, Brazil. Since November 2008, InVesalius 3 has been written from 0.
The PRIMARY AUTHORS of InVesalius 3 are (and/or have been):
- [Paulo Henrique Junqueira Amorim](https://github.com/paulojamorim)
- [Thiago Franco de Moraes](https://github.com/tfmoraes)
- [Hélio Pedrini](http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~helio/)
- [Jorge Vicente Lopes da Silva](http://lattes.cnpq.br/6139204122148876)
- [Victor Hugo de Oliveira e Souza](https://github.com/vhosouza) (navigator)
- [Renan Hiroshi Matsuda](https://github.com/rmatsuda) (navigator)
- André Salles Cunha Peres (navigator)
- Oswaldo Baffa Filho (navigator)
- [Tatiana Al-Chueyr](https://github.com/tatiana) (former)
- [Guilherme Cesar Soares Ruppert](https://github.com/ruppert) (former)
- [Fabio de Souza Azevedo](https://github.com/fabioaz) (former)
- Bruno Lara Bottazzini (contributor)
And here is an inevitably incomplete list of MUCH-APPRECIATED CONTRIBUTORS:
- [Mathieu Malaterre](https://github.com/malaterre) for (GDCM)[http://sf.net/p/gdcm]
- [Andreas Tille](https://github.com/tillea) for helping packaging InVesalius to Debian.
- [Olly Betts](https://github.com/ojwb) (patches to support wxPython3)
- CTI Renato Archer directors for letting us open-source InVesalius.
- [Glauber Costa de Oliveira](https://github.com/glommer) and Corinto Meffe for free software advices.
- [Robin Dunn](https://github.com/RobinD42) for the marriage of the Python programming language and the wxWindows, in the form of wxPython
- [Guido van Rossum](https://github.com/gvanrossum) for creating Python.