December 17th 1997 ivtools-0.5.10
Drawing Editor Changes
* changed idraw to snap-to-grid when importing with gravity on,
and drawtool to snap-to-grid when importing with centering and
* changed iclass to work better with ACE header files.
* fixed bug in relative pathnames (of a raster or stencil) when
document is saved to an alternate directory by forcing them to
* tested and fixed comdraw's reading commands from stdin. Now it
works for redirected stdin as well.
* added an exit() command to comterp and comdraw.
* added default values to ComFunc::stack_arg (to return when
argument not found) and ComFunc::stack_key (to return when keyword
is found with no argument).
* added support for arbitrary numeric types to GrayRaster
(char, unsigned char, short, unsigned short, int, unsigned int,
long, unsigned long, float, double).
* expanded OverlayRaster's support for the GrayRaster API by
adding dummy methods as required.
* changed Painter::x_or back to Painter::xor to get Target Jr
3.0beta compiling on top of ivtools.
* evolved the fixed size graphics mechanism to have a scaleability
factor. Hardwired to power of 2 zoom at present.
* created static void GAcknowledgeDialog::post(Window*,const char*)
(useful for posting simple acknowledge dialog boxes)
* added a static AttributeValue::type_size(ValueType) method as
well as member AttributeValue::type_size() method
* added static and member AttributeValue::is_char, is_short,
is_int, is_long, is_float, and is_double methods (treats unsigned
same as signed)
* added an OverlayViewer::SetMagnification which calls
* adopted include-file install targets and extra __linux__
#ifdef'ed code (IV-X11/xwindow.c, Dispatch/netinet_in.h,
Dispatch/rpcregistery.c) from Guenter Geiger's ivtools_0.5-1.diffs
(the Debian 2.0 package diff file).
* rearranged the build order in src/Imakefile to contruct binaries as
soon as required libraries exist.
* removed specification of GccIncludeDir from config/gcc.def,
because this is no longer needed now that we do makedepend with
October 31st 1997 ivtools-0.5.9
* adds ACE import to flipbook multi-frame editor.
* new flipbook frame creation commands: "copy forward"
and "copy backward" (CopyMoveFrameCmd).
* new flipbook frame viewing commands: "show previous frame" and
"hide previous frame" (ShowOtherFrameCmd).
* changes the MoveFrameCmd's to use the deferring Unidraw::Update
instead of the immediate FrameEditor::Update, so that MacroCmd's
that contain a MoveFrameCmd do all the work before the a) cursor
is reset, and b) the viewer is moved to the new frame.
* fixes problem with symbolic links generated by "make install" when
InstallRelative is enabled.
* adds dialog boxes to inform the user when an import fails or the
colormap allocation fails.
* add OverlaySelectTool that ignores single-clicks on graphic
views that match a list of types. Useful when selecting graphics
in front of rasters and stencils. Not used by default.
* make text graphics painted at 1x ignore a stipple pattern in
the graphic context just like they do at 2x and .5x.
October 1st 1997 ivtools-0.5.8
* add "telcat" mode to comterp test program, allowing for the
remote cat'ing of files to drawtool, etc., i.e. "comterp telcat
localhost 20001 test.ppm" would connect to a drawtool with import
service at port 20001 and transmit a PPM image file.
* add these methods to OverlayViewer to simplify translation
between coordinate systems: ScreenToDrawing, DrawingToScreen.
* rename OvGrayImage to GrayRaster, and set up a static
RasterOvComp::UseGrayRaster() to enable/disable its use
(GrayRaster is an OverlayRaster with in-memory copy of original
* generalize PBM/PGM/PPM header reading to allow for line-feeds
between ncols and nrows.
* modify MoveFrameCmd to optionally disallow moving to the
* remove an unnecessary call to FrameEditor::UpdateFrame from
within FrameEditor::Update (that should only be done when the
current frame changes, not just when anything changes within the
* modify TopoFace::npts() to only count the points in the first
face (ignoring islands). This fixes a bug in ivmaps dlgviewer.
* remove static linking conflict of StringList object (one has
been renamed CopyStringList).
* add a slightly modified ivmkmf to the script directory
* modify iclass to work on the vtk-2.0 source tree
September 15th 1997 ivtools-0.5.7
* various bugs were isolated and removed from the command
interpreter server mechanism embedded in ivtools, notably infinite
loops caused by premature disconnects of remote clients.
* floating point geometric objects were expanded to be able to
render themselves to a bitmap without the use of an X
* other attempts were made to isolate any X server dependencies in
the server framework -- currently one remains, a need to store the
patterns of a graphic state on the X server -- to be removed by
the 0.6 release.
July 24th 1997 ivtools-0.5.6
* the import service mechanism was further expanded in ivtools, so
any remote program can ship drawings or images to a viewer by
establishing a connection over the network.
* commands to desensitize graphics in a viewer were added to
ivtools (to complement existing commands for hiding graphics in a
viewer, fixing the size or location of graphics in a viewer).
Although a long standing capability of the software, this was the
first time it was exposed to the user with a sample command.
* the save/restore spatial object transcription mechanism of
ivtools was expanded to include support for inline bitmaps. It was
also reorganized to be more object-oriented.
* an initial attempt was made to blend in the graph-node editing
mechanisms of the GraphUnidraw class library with the command
interpreter mechanisms of the ComUnidraw class library.
July 1st 1997 ivtools-0.5.5
* ivtools was expanded to include support for importing by piping
from a command line filter, useful for displaying the results of
various idraw compatible renderers (see
http://www.vectaport.com/ivtools/idraw.html for examples).
Here is a partial list of patches applied to ivtools-0.5 prior to
patch-0.5.1a fix non-shared library usage and -tile bug
patch-0.5.1b more config fixes and a new INSTALL file
patch-0.5.1c first stab at ACE integration
patch-0.5.1d sample integration of ACE into drawtool
patch-0.5.1l separate vtk stuff from 2d maps and add ACE msg
patch-0.5.1e migrate ACE usage to comdraw
patch-0.5.1f add a -port argument to comdraw
patch-0.5.1g ACE into comterp into Unidraw
patch-0.5.1i more diffs to go with previous patch
patch-0.5.1h work event handling and graphic state propogation
patch-0.5.1j improve config/params.def for multiple add-in libraries
patch-0.5.1k add import service to comdraw server
patch-0.5.2a fix Imakefile problems
patch-0.5.2b clippoly in float coords, fix comdraw Imakefile
patch-0.5.2c move fgeomobjs and float cliplinepoly