# <img src="https://keepassxc.org/logo.png" width="40" height="40"/> KeePassXC
[![TeamCity Build Status](https://ci.keepassxc.org/app/rest/builds/buildType:\(project:KeepassXC\)/statusIcon)](https://ci.keepassxc.org/?guest=1) [![codecov](https://codecov.io/gh/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/branch/develop/graph/badge.svg)](https://codecov.io/gh/keepassxreboot/keepassxc)
## About KeePassXC
[KeePassXC](https://keepassxc.org) is a cross-platform community fork of
Our goal is to extend and improve it with new features and bugfixes
to provide a feature-rich, fully cross-platform and modern
open-source password manager.
The [KeePassXC QuickStart](./docs/QUICKSTART.md) gets you started using
KeePassXC on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer using pre-compiled binaries
from the [downloads page](https://keepassxc.org/download).
Additionally, individual Linux distributions may ship their own versions,
so please check out your distribution's package list to see if KeePassXC is available.
## Additional features compared to KeePassX
- Auto-Type on all three major platforms (Linux, Windows, macOS)
- Twofish encryption
- YubiKey challenge-response support
- TOTP generation
- CSV import
- Command line interface
- DEP and ASLR hardening
- Stand-alone password and passphrase generator
- Password strength meter
- Using website favicons as entry icons
- Merging of databases
- Automatic reload when the database changed on disk
- Browser integration with KeePassXC-Browser using [native messaging](https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/nativeMessaging) for [Mozilla Firefox](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keepassxc-browser/) and [Google Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi, or Brave](https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/keepassxc-browser/oboonakemofpalcgghocfoadofidjkkk)
- Synchronize passwords using KeeShare. See [Using Sharing](./docs/QUICKSTART.md#using-sharing) for more details.
- Many bug fixes
For a full list of features and changes, read the [CHANGELOG](CHANGELOG) document.
For a full list of keyboard shortcuts, see [KEYBINDS](./docs/KEYBINDS.md)
## Building KeePassXC
Detailed instructions are available in the [Build and Install](./INSTALL.md)
page or on the [Wiki page](https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/wiki/Building-KeePassXC).
We are always looking for suggestions how to improve our application.
If you find any bugs or have an idea for a new feature, please let us know by
opening a report in our [issue tracker](https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/issues)
on GitHub or join us on IRC on freenode channels #keepassxc or #keepassxc-dev.
You can of course also directly contribute your own code. We are happy to accept your pull requests.
Please read the [CONTRIBUTING document](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md) for further information.
GPL-2 or GPL-3